Reviews for To Get to the Top
Larner chapter 1 . 11/8/2004
Second time I've read this, and it is still excellent.
Baylor chapter 1 . 7/5/2004
That story about Gimli and Legolas is CLASSIC! I can see that one turning into a fable told for generations in the Shire. And I loved the matter-of-fact, humorous way Pippin related what happened to him before the Black Gate - completely honest, but still managing not to frighten the child. Deftly written.
Veilius chapter 1 . 8/13/2003
Oh, that was so precious! That's exactly how I think Pippin would react to such a stuation, I think. Quite enjoyable to read.

"Trollish lungs". Heh. Makes sense that Pippin should suffer some sort of permanent damage - I mean, a troll fell on him!

Love this!
lizmybit chapter 1 . 5/14/2003
Aw...very cute! I love the way you write! I loved the Legolas and Gimli story! So like Gimli! Tee hee hee :-)
Guest chapter 1 . 5/8/2003
Oh, wow. Pip was a much more mature one than many fanfic authors let us see. He's just like book-Pip would be in this situation. Bravo! Are you new? Excellent!
JJ-Ring freaks chapter 1 . 3/26/2003
Bravo! I really liked this story! The Pippin in this story sounds just like the Pippin I know!
Lindelea1 chapter 1 . 3/14/2003
More "Merry and Pippin" stories are in the works. Another has been posted to with the title "Hopes Pinned". Hope you can find it; I find this website very confusing to navigate around!

Another story with the working title "Seeing the Forest for the Trees" will hopefully be up in the next few days. Very exciting, too.

Thanks for your interest!
Zebra Wallpaper chapter 1 . 3/14/2003
Wow, this was ridiculously enjoyable to read!

The conversation between Pippin and Felly was done really well. I loved how Pippin talked about the troll not having good manner and the story about gimli and legolas and the trees-that seems like just the sort of story a hobbit would tell. The story could easily end where it does, but it might also be fun to see a continuation. Maybe? :)
Kunzai chapter 1 . 3/14/2003
That was good, I liked it. Will there be any more chapters? ]
Pansy Chubb chapter 1 . 3/14/2003
This is a wonderful story. Pippin is very good with the boy. I especially like the end where Pippin wants to get up and go back to his brandy like nothing happened. Reminds me of when Merry & Pippin escaped the orcs, they were so nonshalant, any observer would have not known what bad things just happened to them.
Dana4 chapter 1 . 3/13/2003
Oh, I loved this.

Har, and no, I'm not one for coherent feedback.

But I loved it, so that has to count.
Citrine chapter 1 . 3/13/2003
I like your story very much! Very funny and well-written, with excellent, quite believable dialogue:-)!