Reviews for Useful
SecretFruits chapter 1 . 3/14
Wow well this is not a pairing I have read before! But you sold it in a way that's believable - Bella isn't suddenly all mushy, and neither is Draco, they still have all this Black formality, which adds to the characterization. I love how Bella tries to justify - they both try to justify - Draco leaving by talking about how Draco has his mark. Again, very in character.
And I love the last paragraph, will Bella alone, and we finally see her point of view. You mellow her as a character just enough, while keeping it believable. Great job!
Lamia of the Dark chapter 1 . 1/23
Bye bye, Draco! Time to go school~

[the station soon,"] - Either you forgot the dialogue tag at the end of this, or you need a period instead of the comma.

[Technically she was his only aunt] - Technically she's NOT, lmao. XD But they are pretending Andromeda doesn't exist. :P

lol, what is Bellatrix trying to train Narcissa to do?

Even with it mentioning several times that she's his favorite aunt, it didn't really seem like this was headed in incest direction until the line about how he can only use her nickname when they're alone. That line made me think you were going to keep it subtle for the rest of the fic, but then LOL NOPE you just came right out there and laid it all out.

["I should go,"] - You did this again. It's only a comma at the end of dialogue when the quote is followed by a dialogue tag. ("Dialogue," said Character.) If the dialogue tag comes at the beginning or there is no dialogue tag, then use a period. (Character said, "Dialogue." / "Just some dialogue hanging out by itself.")

*clucks* Draco, don't be so desperate. You can't stay home, you have to go be a Death Eater spy at Hogwarts.
CelestialRosegold chapter 1 . 1/12
I did not read the tags, so I was not expecting that! Nonetheless, it was beautiful and I did love the sloght indecision on Draco's part. The last line is absolutely perfect and heartbreaking too, in a way! I didn't see and SpaG, either. I also adored the bit about him wanting more Bella moments. That description was brilliant! Good job!
public static void chapter 1 . 1/11
This isn't at all what I expected, in a great way.

I will admit being tired of Draco being scared of Bellatrix and her manipulating him outright through fear (though I hadn't ever seen a DracoBella romantic drabble like this one), so your writing really got me!

When Draco says Bellatrix shows him her softer side I can't help but think of this quiet type of madness and manipulation that is cold and indifferent, very different from Bellatrix's usual aggressiveness. It *is* softer but maybe not in the romantic way Draco sees it.

Still, the ending is adorable with her wanting him to stay as much as he wanted her to tell him that.
The Lady Rogue chapter 1 . 11/29/2017
Oooh... I wondered if you were going down the route of Bella manipulating Draco, but I think this strange obsession between the two of them is even better, and even creepier. The idea that she is what inspires him to be useful is brilliant, and I'm intrigued by how the books would have played out if this had been the truth of things. Instead of fear, Draco would have been working for love, and I really like the idea that he'll be trying to make her proud of him, to prove that he's a man. The smart comments "She's trainable," were so classically Bellatrix, and I like that you kept her just on the edge of madness, rather than fully descended.
konstantina732 chapter 1 . 11/29/2017
What a plot twist. I forgot to read the tags, so I was taken by surpprised at the "were he could aim his kisses at her mouth" part. I n general, very nice story! The interaction between the two of them was very well writen to the point were you made me feel bad for them. Great Job!
The Lady Arturia chapter 1 . 11/28/2017
You're a fantastic writer, you really are!

I always struggle with drabbles but you manage to capture everything so well in so few words; it's wonderful.

Also, quite a few Blacks - and Purebloods in general - married within the family to keep the blood purity so I didn't find it disturbing or anything since it's actually happened in canon.

I definitely liked this side of Bellatrix where she wasn't portrayed as completely insane but also wasn't OoC as hell considering she was supposed be in a romantic (or whatever) relationship with Draco. Writing this from his POV definitely helped. It also made that last bit stand out that much more.

This was great!
TheRottenJas chapter 1 . 11/27/2017
This was certainly interesting and not as squicky as I imagined it to be. I found their characterizations to be a bit off as Bellatrix seemed far too mellow with everything going on and with what we know of her, but I did like how there was a subtle underlying that Bellatrix was dominant here and Draco was willing to do everything for her. My favorite line has got to be [or just Bella in private.] because it sort of gives a feeling that she reciprocates back. Good job. :)
MaryandMerlin chapter 1 . 11/23/2017
This is an interesting pairing, and obviously a difficult issue to tackle because it will come up against such obstacles - not a lot of people like incest - and even though it is something that I would consider to be squick I think you did it quite tastefully. It wasn't overly in your face or anything.
I think its a shame there wasn't a bit more description of the scene but I thought your dialogue flowed quite well and I think a bit more prose would help that.
The only SPaG thing that tripped me up was that you need to end speech that isn't followed with a speech tag with than a (,). So for example 'He turned to his aunt. "I should go,"' because you didn't put 'he said' or something after that you need to make sure that (,) is a..
Over all I thought it was a nice, well written piece. Well done.
The Crownless Queen chapter 1 . 11/22/2017
Oh, this was so interesting! I always thought that Draco was scared of Bellatrix, but I love the idea that she's his favorite aunt :) I loved the way you wrote their interactions, and how well they knew each other. You did a good job with Draco's voice too :)
This was a lovely missing scene from the books! :)
Cheers ;)
Cookies and Ink chapter 1 . 11/7/2017
I’ll admit I’m not a huge fan of incestuous pairings.

That being said, I did find this interesting. Bellatrix is clearly manipulative and in charge of the household, having Draco completely subservient to her. In facy, he seemed so submissive, not even reacting to his Aunt telling him that Narcissa was trainable that I found it a bit jarring.

There’s a hint that Bella may reciprocate Draco’s feelings at the end, but she does use the word useful which makes me think ultimately she’s using them both to gain power and integrate back into life.

I’m a bit disappointed there was no real explanation as to why - why does draco feel that way, what happened that summer and what hold does Bella have over him? It seemed sudden and somewhat implausible.

I wouldn’t really say the incest was implied either, it’s very clearly there as that’s what’s the story is about.

Thanks
isaacswolfsbane chapter 1 . 11/4/2017
I actually really enjoyed this. I was a bit wary because of the incest, but you dealt with it in a way that's almost classy and doesn't go into it in any amount of detail so it's not too much for people who dislike incest (like, I'm only okay with it if it's justifiable or if it's very minimal like this one is).

I love how you've built Bella's character up and humanised her a little, and it actually works and you can see it's actually real despite it being from Draco's POV.

The thoughts towards the end are so adorable, too. Like the wanting for each other but not showing it. I'd love that so much if it wasn't incest—like seriously that's the exact sort of thing that normally starts me shipping things, just in this case it's impossible.

I'm just impressed you've managed to write this without squicking me out at all tbh xD

Great job :)
obscurialdefenseclub chapter 1 . 11/3/2017
On one hand, incest is a no-no for me and something I don't like. On the other hand, you wrote this so well that it might be the one incest I actually tolerate (and by that, I mean your writing style and flow, not the pairing itself). Your transitions were flawless.
This is really cute and sweet! I didn't really find any SPaG mistakes besides one instance when a period should be used instead of a comma. I liked seeing this side of Bellatrix. Well done!:3
-Ana
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 11/2/2017
Someone wrote a BellaDraco fic before so when I saw the pairing, I was definitely interested. I like how you didn’t shy away from the fact that they are aunt and nephew. That it was reinforced a few times throughout. It really brought out the whole forbidden relationship.

I particularly loved the line [Moments he could love her the way a man loves a woman, not how a nephew loved his aunt.]

Now, I felt that Bella was a little ooc. She was too soft for what we were shown of her, especially since this would be post Azkaban for her; she went a little crazy in there.

But overall, good job.
DobbyRocksSocks chapter 1 . 11/2/2017
Just gonna start off with my only nitpick - Technically, she was his only aunt - this is worded badly, because *Technically* Andromeda is his aunt too, even if he doesn't actually know her.

So, in general, this kinda creeps me out because incest, BUT, I actually really like the way you wrote this. A few things that stuck out to me were the line - She's trainable - and Draco wanting to run his hands through her unmanageable hair.

I have no idea why, but I love both of those lines. They're perfect. The ending is oddly adorable, and I don't know how you did it, but for a moment, you made me ship it. Only for a moment, but still.

You wrote this really well, so props :P