Reviews for Hopes Pinned
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 7/26/2013
I like this story. I like how you showed Merry being stuck in a tree in a river and that he never gave up hope in Pippin rescuing him. I also like Pippin rescuing him.
Baylor chapter 1 . 7/5/2004
I enjoyed the glimpse of hobbit life this story provides, in addition to the Merry and Pippin material. These organized, matter-of-fact, hard-working hobbits who pull together to save their own run as a thread throughout both this story and the one I just read, and they're a real treasure. As readers, we don't get to see enough of ordinary hobbits. Thank you!
Veilius chapter 1 . 8/13/2003
Aw, poor Merry!

I liked this a lot.

Keep it up!
lizmybit chapter 1 . 5/14/2003
I loved this one! What is with our Dear Merry and Pippin! Can't they ever stay out of trouble?
Guest chapter 1 . 5/8/2003
I love how Merry just kinda drifts in and out. A very tough situation you have him in, that it is. It's scarilly possible!
Kit5 chapter 1 . 4/15/2003
How nice, Pippin rescuing Merry for once! But beware the wrath of Estella!
JJ-Ring freaks chapter 1 . 4/9/2003
Yay! Good story! You're on my favorite Authors list. Yay Merry- poor guy! Yay Pippin!
Hai chapter 1 . 4/1/2003
All your stories are so wonderful! Most of them are so long and it is nice to have a couple of one chapter sotries here and there. It was great. Poor Merry thinking he was going to drown all by himself out there.
Cerridwen3 chapter 1 . 3/19/2003
I went through my review history to find all the stories of yours that I haven't reviewed at least once. I really couldn't believe that this was one of them!

I really like this story. A good showcase of Pippin's intelligence, something that many fics (though never yours!) lack.

And yes. pinned!Merry is awesome stuff. ;)

I also liked the way "Pippin would find them. He would come." was the closing to each of Merry's sequences, and then was actually said by Merry for the closing line to the story. Really neat, Lindelea. :D
Pansy Chubb chapter 1 . 3/15/2003
Good story, very exciting. You write the hobbits as adults, which they are.
Dana4 chapter 1 . 3/15/2003
I really like the themes you have going in your stories; one gets in trouble (and I like it when they do), and the other is the one to save them. And I like the way you write. Simple, enjoyable. I so am keeping an eye out for more of your fiction.
jedijunkie chapter 1 . 3/14/2003
wow, that was awesome. i really liked it. keep up the good work. you are an exellent writer:)
Lindelea1 chapter 1 . 3/14/2003
Yes, there are more "Merry and Pippin" stories coming. Got one bubbling away on the burner as we speak... don't know yet if it will be one long story or something broken up into several chapters.
Zebra Wallpaper chapter 1 . 3/14/2003
Hey, this one was great, too! I really like your characterizations of the hobbits. I like that Merry and Pippin, while having good humor, are also very bright and clever thinkers. I think that's a quality of their characters that's present in Tolkien's works but that a lot of fanfic writers tend to leave out.

The only thing I wondered, though, is would a hobbit have named his horse "socks"? Would they even know what socks are? They don't wear them :) But that's cute. Not a problem, or anything, just made me laugh.