Reviews for Battles of Blood and Fëa
Fortune Zyne chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
This was kinda dark but very good.
asdfjkl chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
wow.

i liked it xD
Depprium chapter 1 . 10/19/2005
Oh my goodness! That was very powerful and... yes, eerie, I must say. This will get me thinking every time someone mentions Elrond and his mixed blood.
Princess Tyler Briefs chapter 1 . 1/2/2004
VERY excellent! It took reading it through twice to sort everything out, but I think I have . Very dramatic images, almost Tolkien-like in your prose, and no higher complimant can be paid.
Continue the excellent writing!
degustaciones chapter 1 . 10/27/2003
...

Wow. This was just gorgeous, as were the other two in this series. Your imagery, your descriptions, were just absolutely stunning. This is the best take on, best interpretation of the Peredhil that I have ever seen. I also loved the way it ended.

Oh, and I don't know what this says about me, but I found The Watcher utterly sweet. I like the idea of what draws the both of them to each other. Dancing was heart-wrenching.

Please keep writing.
filigod chapter 1 . 9/30/2003
Another bit of stained glass! The style of writing is so un-tolkienesque, and yet so fully enmeshed in the lives of these two characters. Your foreshadowing of Celebrían's fate beside her flame is heartbreaking. I can only echo the observations of the other reviewers that you describe a poignant possibility, that the mixed blood, or rather the mixed spirit of Maia, Eldar, Edain, must be a cause of inner conflict for this Elf who seems aloof, steady, and remote to Hobbit-eyes. One bit of constructive criticism which you should take with a grain of salt. I have been fighting my own tendency to use italics frequently for emphasis. Now I ask myself sternly, “Are they necessary here? Will the sentence work without them?” I am not quibbling with any in particular in your story, but since I just got through zapping my own, they jumped out.
Miss Aranel chapter 1 . 6/3/2003
Oh...this was very good...very well written. I loved Celebrian's musings: the way she pointed something out, questioned it, expanded on it, and then made sort of a conclusion about it. A very deep thinker, hmm?

I've never really thought about the magnitude of mixed blood...I suppose I thought more about physical and minor social differences...but you've managed to get me thinking a little deeper...to the harder-to-pinpoint struggles...I imagine this all comes in to play big-time when the Peredhil must make their choice.

This is the first time I've ever read your work, and I have to say that it was wonderful. I'll probably be reading more of it sooner or later. : )

-Aranel
Lyllyn chapter 1 . 3/29/2003
I fear I'll never see Elrond the same way again. This was a very powerful piece of writing, changing my perception of the character significantly, giving him new depths.

I loved it, though I am now afraid when I write him I may be influenced, whether I will it or not, by your vision.

Superb!
Jen Littlebottom chapter 1 . 3/28/2003
This is a really interesting look at the nature of Elrond - the stream-of-consciousness of Celebrians thoughts, although I find that, as it is her thoughts, the exclamation points seem out of place. Maybe that's just me, though.

:) I liked it.
Lara7 chapter 1 . 3/23/2003
You've picked a highly intriguing topic here, and presenting it like this gives the thoughts on Elrond's nature a fitting frame. It's good to see his mixed ancestry not dismissed as either nice or bad immediately; in my opinion, you've found a very good balance between the two extremes, and you're giving me a lot of food for thought.

I also like the foreshadowing this story brings. Celebrían seems so much in awe and at the same time scared of Elrond that I wonder whether this changed in their later life, or if she still felt the same when they were married. It opens up a lot of interesting possibilities.

What does a lone moth do when its flame is gone?

A beautiful last line for this story.
Elendil4 chapter 1 . 3/20/2003
Hey there, b/c of the comp im using now couldnt write back to ya, so I went and found you to give you a response to the review you gave me.

Some one told me that this was wrong category, hows it that possible when I just bought the Silmarillion, read it and it has the Akallabeth and the rings of power and the third age in it, which would mean that theSilmarillion covers the entire span of Arda from beginning to the end of the third age, meaning that the war of the Last Alliance is in that book meaning that it can be posted in Silmarillion section
Lalwen chapter 1 . 3/15/2003
A stunning story, very original with an interesting perception on the blending of the Three Kindreds. Nicely written - I'm very impressed! Will look out for more of your work. . .
Joan Milligan chapter 1 . 3/15/2003
Oh...

This is... quite unbearably incredible. On the one hand it can be seen, felt, that she is a child, and doesn't understand, but she doesn't need to understand - she *knows*. Her fear is tangible in some way, the rambling style, the sudden peaks of emotion. And how amazingly persceptive - an idea and point of view I never considered before.

Absolutely delightful, it was.

One bit of constructive criticism that might not be criticism really - I'd have ended it differently, I mean, not just with the end of the paragraph, maybe closed it somehow, but quite possibly it's just my own style, so feel free to forget about it.
Bejai chapter 1 . 3/14/2003
Facinating monologue!

Part of what makes Elrond such a compelling character is exactly what you've hit on. He's arguably Tolkien's most tragic creation. Nice contrast between the Eldar and the Edain, the immortal joy of the elves who do not see their ultimate end versus the fear of men who must step into the dark but do so believing they will not be forsaken. And that wild flow of Maia blood ... beautifully done, well crafted. This is a story I've been hoping to see. Bravo.
Caethien chapter 1 . 3/14/2003
Very powerful; exciting contrats. Dialogue would make it even better. Thank you for writing good fanfic.