Reviews for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Guiding Light
Daniel1122 chapter 125 . 3/31/2020
(TLDR At Bottom) Wow. Where do I even start? Sorry if I leave a crappy review since I’m usually a silent reader and I rarely post reviews. I’ll try to keep the length below 800 words. First things first, you should be absolutely proud of all the hard work you’ve done with Guiding Light. It took me since i posted that dumb review on Ch.1 on November 9th 2019 to March 30th 2020 to read your entire fic from beginning to end. And that’s just me reading it- I couldn’t imagine the hard work it would take having to actually create the story myself. I don’t want to take up too much of your time, but I would appreciate it if you heard my perspective on the following: Chapter 113, you as an author/person, some thoughts on the fic in general, and my “thank you” message to you, in that order by paragraph. Like I said, I want to keep this somewhat short, so if you’d like for me to elaborate further on anything just let me know.

I can say with absolute confidence that, as someone who is a relatively experienced reader and who has been snooping around Fanfiction since August of 2014, that Chapter 113 was the absolute single best chapter I’ve ever read across any story on Fanfiction/DA/FA/etc.. I don’t really know how to describe it, but how you collapsed all the climatic events into one single breathtaking chapter was simply stellar. The way you involved quite literally everyone living in the PMD World into one huge battle, the inspirational stuff with Espy and Tessa, and the "infinity war" like ending (I never actually saw the movie) made it the single best Chapter I’ve ever read across any story. Maybe this can be contributed to my waning memory and I’m not going to elaborate exactly why in fears of spoiling it for you and others, but that Includes Great Fics like Silver Resistance and Defenders of Warmth of which I’ve both read and hold to very high regards.

With that finally off my chest, I can also say you come off as the single most passionate and most engaging author that I’ve ever seen. From the way you encourage and set the foundation for audience feedback and interaction is of the likes I’ve never seen before. For example, from (assumedly) commissioning artists to create artwork for your viewer’s pleasure, running an active tumblr blog to engage with your audience, and Meticulously responding to the reviews left on your work. These traits set you completely apart from anybody else out there.

Now regarding the Story in general, even in the early sections, I’ve had a great time reading it through. Your story has been a significant part of my life for the past 4 and a half months. By nature, I’m a curious person, so I found all the trials and tribulations that Shane and Tessa experienced with each-other early on to be interesting and fun to read through. It was certainly unique to anything else I’ve ever read on this site. I’ve had a blast reading all of your funny jokes and references throughout the story, even including, in your own words, the shameless “sexual humor and furry bait” inserts . The Character Development, Plot Twists, Conflicts, Touching Moments, Etc. were all a joy to read. The plot especially, was incredibly unique. In my humble opinion, you have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of regarding the work you created of here. I’m absolutely blown away that despite this being your first fic, you still managed to create something spectacular.

In addition, Sorry if I’m hitting a sore spot, but I am extremely thankful that you are still here with us today. If you weren’t here with us, I (and many others) wouldn’t have been able to experience such a wonderful journey together with you and your amazing story. I would like to express to you that I am incredibly thankful for your hard work and perseverance in creating Guiding Light and that you have my full support for (hopefully) many years to come. If you ever want to talk about anything, please don’t hesitate to send me a message (or anybody else for that matter that bothered to read this lengthy review xD). I hope I brought you a smile reading this, and hopefully my review will earn me an adequate amount of Shane points . Take Care!

TLDR: I want to let you know that I absolutely appreciate and respect all the hard work you have put into this fic and I would like to let you know that you have my full support going forward. Thank you for your time and wonderful work.
LuxBeacon chapter 125 . 3/19/2020
I was hoping for a little chapter detailing what happens to the cast of GL years later but this interests me too. I always love some two kingdoms drama. Btw is Green Lantern your favorite superhero?
LuxBeacon chapter 123 . 3/19/2020
Oh I am sorry to hear about all your trials but I am glad to see you have completed it! You have done it! I loved Guiding Light and I love how you were able to introduce so many characters and gave us time to care about them. Nicely done! I'm even happier everyone got their happy endings. I hope your studies to become a physician go well! As closing thoughts, Zoroark was my favorite character and him with Gallian was my favorite couple! He's so wholesome and supportive and lots of gay couples end in tragedy but finally they got happiness! Cheers!
LuxBeacon chapter 122 . 3/19/2020
Wow Rebecca is a horrible person and an intense homophobe. Sorry my pity points ain't going to her. I'm glad Selena and Silvally are dating now even if I shipped Shane and Silvally
LuxBeacon chapter 117 . 3/19/2020
I'm glad Incineroar got to tell them off one last time. Granted I feel like considering what Metagross did to him he was TOO done with his nonsense. Prisma in the end is getting exactly what she deserves. She was put in a less than desirable situation but despite her so called humanity she displayed none of it. Lived a life of lies, hate and destruction. Naming her new kids after her old ones was a huge sign. Hopefully they come back as better ghosts
LuxBeacon chapter 116 . 3/19/2020
I love the idea of Arceus realizing he has a new... Body part, as well as all the other former gods. Hope they make good use of them
LuxBeacon chapter 115 . 3/19/2020
It's been awhile, but I'll try to finish up reading today! So Shane becomes Necrozma? Let's see what the aftermath is like
hirowriter chapter 3 . 3/10/2020
Interesting to know that the Dungeons here are different from those of the Dungeons we are more familiar with from 'overseas'.
Also, let us pray for Tessa, who is struggling due to the trouble Shane gets himself into.
hirowriter chapter 2 . 3/10/2020
Nice 'first boss fight'!
I was really amused how Shane isn't familiar with the new Pokemon and regional variants from the Pokemon Sun & Moon/Ultra Sun & Moon game.
I also liked seeing a more tensed and complicated relationship develop between Shane and Tessa. Whether or not they will become true friends will be told in due time.
Finally, I'm really concerned about that mean and terrifying Absol. Is he some sort of jerk? Or is he an overly-serious guy who values strength or authority too much?
hirowriter chapter 1 . 3/10/2020
I'm really intrigued in a darker, more mature, and closer-to-reality version of a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon story. I'm excited to read on.
I'm also enjoying the parallels between this chapter and the beginning to the PMD: Explorer's of Time/Darkness/Sky.
And I really enjoy seeing reference to the first three PMD games.

I'm also very concerned about this whole 'infection' talk by an Umbreon(?) and Espeon(?).
cybresamurai chapter 35 . 3/8/2020
I can’t read anymore of this unless I want to break my screen.
cybresamurai chapter 34 . 3/8/2020
Tessa is the worst thing ever, I’ve never hated a fictional character more than I do her, a Shane is almost just as bad because he actually feels bad about this. Tessa’s dead parents don’t excuse her being a selfish bitch the whole time.
cybresamurai chapter 25 . 3/8/2020
Tessa is the worst character in anything ever, this drama is extremely forced and the more I read this the angrier I get.
Raptorex chapter 9 . 2/24/2020
Y'know I actually thought that those hybrids were ACTUALLY Guzzlords and I thought the party was absolutely f*cked. Thank goodness they weren't!
Lego Guest chapter 125 . 2/22/2020
Looks like it’s gaming time again boys
1,433 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »