Reviews for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Guiding Light
Neirdae chapter 108 . 6/28/2020
That was a twist.

Guess we're going full Kingdom Hearts on this.
Platinum9732 chapter 69 . 6/28/2020
I really liked this one. This story is full of powerful, hard-hitting moments like this. Such a good explanation of some problems people face with their mental health. Thank you.
Shadow of Antioch chapter 21 . 6/27/2020
An entire episode dedicated to Team Sneks?! A surprise, but not an unwelcome one. These three put a smile on my face with their every appearance. They’re so comically stereotypical, I adore them. They even have a SAUNA in their room?! Can't get more luxurious than that. I’m not quite sure who my favourite is. Serperior is a bit too condescending, especially towards our poor Shane, leaving the top spot between Dragonair and Milotic. I suppose Milotic is a little more serious than Dragonair, though… Yeah—it’s Dragonair. Of course it is. Did you expect anything different?

Unfortunately, I’m forced to say something that I didn’t expect to be saying. As Shane’s biggest fan since chapter one, I’m starting to understand some of the criticisms his character received early on. Don’t get me wrong, he’s still my favourite character. The constant sarcasm and sheer self-centeredness and clumsiness are not the problem. There’s just…. so MUCH of it.

Take Chapter 14 (15 according to the index). First, he takes the Gear-Com from Tessa’s paws and shuts it down. Typical. Then, he storms off angrily. Understandable—failing their mission actually made for really good conflict afterwards. Then he fails to understand how to open the door to the Guild and is an asshole about it. THEN he argues with Null about stopping in the middle of the stairs. And THEN he keeps being adamant that nothing’s wrong, and that it’s part of an elaborate prank, walking into Metagross’ room like it’s nothing. All this in the space of two scenes—a few hundred words, at most.

His negative traits are hammered in so many times in so little space, that it begins to grate on my patience. At this point, after being humbled once by Tessa and once by Null, you’d think he would intersperse his asshole nature with some moments of self-reflection. I’m confident he’s going to get better with time, though. He has incredible potential and, like, a hundred more chapters to go. Heck, it already felt much better in chapter 25, in his detective scene!

As for the other characters, I can feel a great team dynamic bubbling under the surface. Tessa is getting more interesting now that we're delving into her backstory—though she'll need to have more defining character moments first—while Null is quickly rising up the ranks. He's a mon of few words, but he makes them count.

I'm super glad to see that the plot is advancing. Between the Prism Virus, Gallian, and Null, there's tons to be uncovered. Does Null's creation have to do with the Prism Virus? It's too early to tell, but it's definitely possible. I absolutely want to see a scene of him almost snapping back into his rampaging self.

So, Solgaleo is the one who the Prism faction is trying to work against. A faction that includes Lunana, too. Fascinating. I can totally see Solgaleo using Shane for his own purposes, then betray him later on. It’s par for the course whenever main characters are being employed by higher powers.

The Expedition Society? The famous Latias from your emotes? God, this story is anything but slow-paced. It feels like I've barely scratched the surface of something enormous, and I want nothing more than to keep digging.
MetalScizor chapter 86 . 6/27/2020
Okay, to start off, this story is fantastic! I do have small gripes with it, but it doesn't compare to the positives with it. You really out did yourself here! But to the little notation that you left the fact that little crystals play music and you sing into them? Hmmm... hmmmmmm... I got it! Guess what this song is if you see this review, and if you do get the answer, you have the groovey Rush! Alright, here it goes: Today's the day! Today's a new day! Today's the day! Today's a new start. Today's the day! Today's a new day! Today's the day! I'm gonna change my way! Goowaa. Da-da-goowaa. I'm gonna change my way! Goowaa. I'm gonna, I'm gonna. Goowaa! Da-da, I'm Gonna-gonna-gonna! Da-dada-da-da da! Da-dada da da-da-da-da da dada da da, da dada da da-da-da-da-da! Today's the day! Today's a new day! Today's the day! Today's A New Start. Today's the day! Today's A New Day! Today's the day! I'm gonna change my way! Do you know the name and origin of this song? If so, you know Oicns. Oops, I miss spelled! Maybe if you fix that name, then you know that character. Need more hints? Read my wording for this review! Thank you and stay groovey, awesome author!
Neirdae chapter 100 . 6/25/2020
Wow, Lycanroc. Now every single person on both sides of this conflict want you dead..
Neirdae chapter 92 . 6/22/2020
The ship is launched, official, and canonized.
Neirdae chapter 91 . 6/22/2020
This is completely silly.
Neirdae chapter 90 . 6/21/2020
Wow, I hate Golem.
silverthepast chapter 13 . 6/20/2020
You know why Zekrum was mad as the green hills? Because he was in another version of Green Hill Zone because there is already EIGHTEEN GREEN HILL STAGES and now he's in another varient of the same stage? Can't blame him from being triggered. Anyway, need I say that this story is like Uber tier in my book? And this isn't even half way through!
Neirdae chapter 89 . 6/20/2020
Everybody hates Latias.
Neirdae chapter 88 . 6/19/2020
That was amusing.
Now I'm wondering how long it takes Shane to groom all his floof in the morning.
Neirdae chapter 84 . 6/18/2020
Espy shuts down pervs hard.
Neirdae chapter 69 . 6/16/2020
I like how we got to see the motivations and thoughts of characters here.
Neirdae chapter 67 . 6/15/2020
I like the new shenanigans between Tessa and Shane.
Neirdae chapter 66 . 6/15/2020
It's starting to make me sad how much the baddies are winning.
1,438 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 .. Last Next »