Reviews for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Guiding Light
Nega Mewtwo chapter 9 . 10/24/2017
Interesting use of Umbry and Espy from Gates to Infinity. Also looking forward to Type: Null. There is a surprising and disappointing lack of Type: Null and Silvally stories here. However, I can't help but wonder, are you using some USUM inspiration here? The Prism Infection sounds a lot like Necrozma's new forms
LonelyQuilava chapter 8 . 10/22/2017
Well the backstory region wise was pretty interesting, but I really liked the interaction with Shane going over the top and Tessa really calling him out on it. And their little talk after the Espeon and Umbreon thing.

I like Shane’s minimal backstory, but with it in mind, it seems like hes been going a little extreme with the happiness and a little agressive with the insults. Either way tho, i do like his slight change of character - he was getting a little too much for me :P.

Looking forward to every chapter and some more Shane and Tess - sorry, Riolu, interactions!
LonelyQuilava chapter 6 . 10/21/2017
Im happy that Shane is partially vulpix in instinct too, with the whole desire to keep his coat clean. I can’t say why but I always find those kind of things fun to read. I feel like Tessa is overreacting in regards to Shane’s recklessness but she’s also pretty stressed so I can see her being a little on edge. The story’s starting to dry up a little but thats expexted as no real big plot points have taken place yet (as far as I can tell) and the original interest of the transformation and joining the guild is wearing off. I find myself not too interested in Tessas parents for the time being, but I’m expecting that’ll be a bigger point later. Something about Shane is so fun to read like his random interest with the jukebox and pouting - keep up the good work!
Ralmon chapter 2 . 10/19/2017
I don't know... It has good qualities like great writing and the plot seems nice.

I don't think this story is bad, so far, but, I kinda find Shane's character a bit too much. He doesn't really feel real to me. Like, do fans of PMD would really act like this? He comes from the human/real world but his character is the most unrealistic of all. It is like he come from some cliche shounen anime male protagonist or one trying hard to be one.

And seriously... How old is he? He was able and allowed to drive a car and he has a job, so he is old-ish... but his behavior and mentality is so infantile that I couldn't make myself believe that this person could drive and get a job. Like, how could that happen?

I kind find the dialogue annoying too. Especially the lines from Shane. I think it is supposed to be funny but it is just so juvenile and brainless for me.

*****

I just can't seem to care for the human character. He just feels so alien and disconnected from reality for me to relate and empathize with him. Maybe this story is just not for me.

Others who might like hyperactive characters like in Teen Titans Go or Fairy Tail, you might like this and so give it a try.
LonelyQuilava chapter 4 . 10/18/2017
I love Shane so much! Great writing again especially during the battle at rhe start. Where are you getting all these new pokemon from? Its cool that youre using them in a story - youre breaking a lot of transformation stereotypes in this which is super refreshing to see.
RocketKnight66 chapter 4 . 10/18/2017
The guild members are really interesting. I found Magenara to be amusing in particular, and I'm intrigued by Null, some questions raised because of him. (Although I guess that shouldn't be too surprising lol)
And of course, Shane continues to be hilarious, and his banter with Tessa was amusing as well. It's also interesting to see some bits of Tessa's backstory start to come up, and I'm curious to see what becomes of that.
But yeah, I'm still loving this, and I'm excited for Episode 3.

P.S. this is BlueThunderfanracing, I changed my username. Just wanted to mention that in case you didn't know.
LonelyQuilava chapter 3 . 10/17/2017
Not gonna lie - I’m sad that an ice type shivers. That’s like a fire type sweating! Seriously though great writing, and one of the best character dynamics I’ve seen. Those 2 are always fun but not overly so where it takes away from the reality of the story or situation. Im interested to see what that shaking memory loss thing Shand did in chapter 2 was.
AShinyBluMew chapter 2 . 10/17/2017
I don't know why Mr. Shane there doesn't want to be an icy Vulpix. I mean, he has accuse to one of the best defensive moves in the game, Aurora Veil. Then again, he probably doesn't know about. He could choose to be a better Pokemon thought. I mean, yeah Riolu is a cool Pokemon, but you know what's better? Mudkip. Think about it, super strength, ability to breath underwater with your gills, radar built into your head, and ,of course, being absolutely adorable. Those things kinda outweigh being biped, especially when you realize Riolu doesn't have opposable thumbs.
RocketKnight66 chapter 2 . 10/16/2017
I am absolutely loving this so far. I like the way you've presented things, and I was drawn in pretty quickly. The writing is great, and I love all of the humor and jokes that are in there. Shane... is absolutely hilarious. I'm a real sucker for meta jokes and genre-savviness. Pretty cool to see a protagonist that actually has some personality to him. I like Tessa so far as well, and the dynamic between them is pretty great.
So yeah, I'm really enjoying this, and I'll be patiently waiting for the next chapter.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/16/2017
Love the beginning so far! Its refreshing to see a main character with a little more character/attitude toward him, and im a sucker for vulpix. Great writing and I can’t wait for more!
1,435 | « Prev Page 1 .. 86 93 94 95 96