Reviews for Seeing the Forest for the Trees
Frodo's sister chapter 6 . 11/15/2014
Very interesting story. So it was the orcs that were stealing the livestock and not the trees as I orignally thought. Good mystery.
river chapter 6 . 8/17/2004
Oh I love Merry and his quick thinking! Your characterations are wonderful, I love the funny, sarcastic, determined Pippin, and the careful, thoughtful, dutiful Merry. Also I just *adored* the bit at the end with the axe head buried in the ground and the sunlight. Poor Merry though, when he realized that Pippin had been taken captive again by orcs! I was feeling his anxiety when he was fumbling to explain to the other hobbits the direness of the situation, and the urgency he had to get him back. Poor Merry and Pip, deja vous, huh lads? Well, I am glad the Forest and Hobbits have come to a truce. (In the begining while I was reading this, when it said there where things coming out of the Forest and stealing livestock and scratching at the windows for the children I thought of The Village, the M. Night Shyamalan movie that recently came out, and I was like, Oi! hobbits! Sound that horn-call! hehe) Thanks for the great read.
Baylor chapter 6 . 7/5/2004
I've often had similar thoughts about Merry and how he dealt with the War after returning to the Shire - the Professor somehow wove these ideas into the undercurrents of his book, I think, for the careful (or loving) reader to pick up on.

I have been remiss in reviewing and reading stories of late, and designated today a "fanfic day" and I'm very glad I included some of your stories in the mix. Thank you for them!
Baylor chapter 5 . 7/5/2004
'All right, then,' he said. 'You're not being carried into the Hall. You're walking. Sort of.'

That little line tells us so much about these two characters and their relationship! I liked the glimpses we had of Pippin and Diamond's relationship as well.
Baylor chapter 4 . 7/5/2004
Two things I particularly liked in this chapter: 1) Merry planning the attack - I love that quick Brandybuck mind!, and 2) the Forest rising up to help the hobbits. They may not be friends, but they have common enemies, and I like that the Forest recognized that fact.
Baylor chapter 3 . 7/5/2004
I have always loved the alarm call of Buckland for some reason, and it always pleases me to see it used in stories. I'm really enjoying this one - it moves quickly and draws you into the action.
Baylor chapter 2 . 7/5/2004
And now just more questions in this chapter!
Baylor chapter 1 . 7/5/2004
Oi! What about Eldric?
Jen Littlebottom chapter 6 . 5/14/2003
'They invited our Steward to dine with them,' Merry said grimly. 'He declined, of course, and there was a falling out. We slaughtered fifty of the creatures in the Old Forest a few days ago.'

O.O Merry, Merry! I love him to bits. It's over? This is the end? Please write more of this charming story - I love it to bits. :)
Jen Littlebottom chapter 5 . 5/14/2003
Diamond and Pippin are altogether _too_ sweet. :) I'm glad he's back safely, and I'm sure she's glad too. Lovely characterisations in this chapter.
Camellia Gamgee-Took chapter 3 . 4/6/2003
Wow! That was unexpected but fantastic!
Camellia Gamgee-Took chapter 2 . 4/6/2003
I am loving this story and all your others! I love the way you write, it's so excellent!

I just had to leave a note at the end of this chapter because I love the why it ended. My stomach clenched too - what a horrible thought that something is after the children!
Pansy Chubb chapter 6 . 3/28/2003
I followed you reference to this story in At the End of His Rope and found this treasure. This is such a wonderful story, I need to read it again (and again). Sorry for the lame review but I just wanted to let you know how great it is. Now I am going to go back and absorb it some more.
Dana4 chapter 6 . 3/17/2003
I absolutely loved this resolution... tying everything up quite nicely. Not just for the sake of tying them up for no good, but that it's all sort of a natural flow. May I state again how I simply adore your characterisations? Because I do.
Cerridwen3 chapter 4 . 3/15/2003
Excellent! (you tied up Pippin! *squeals like a perverted fangirl*)

The action was wonderful, and I loved serious, leaderly Merry. I also liked the way the forest gave Pippin a helping hand... branch... as he was escaping!

Wonderful story and I eagerly await the rest of this, and any other stories you have in store.