Reviews for The Sense of Time
athrabethh chapter 1 . 6/1/2019
This is strangely beautiful. The idea that Arwen associated Aragorn and Humanity with the passage of time (if i read it rightly) is fascinating, and it seems such an elvish thing to do! And of course both beauty and sorrow can come out of that because that's change for you, which you depict so well. Arwen has always eluded me somewhat, and this is a wonderful take on her!
Wordspin chapter 1 . 10/17/2017
Beautiful. I do love how Aragorn grieves for Arwen's decision to choose mortality for him, and yet for Arwen, when she first met him it seemed that her life was granted meaning.
Her blossoming friendship with Eowyn, beginning awkwardly and then becoming more smooth, is shown nicely. And her envying Men for their being able to age and embrace those changes is illustrated wonderfully. The sorrow that comes with her remaining unaltered in an ever-changing world is depicted effectively.
sian22 chapter 1 . 10/17/2017
Ava this is beautiful. But more importantly you have imbued with so many layers of meaning.

the right and wrong of our innate sense of self..
the essential tragedy of the Eldar left in a world of Men
the small wonders we needs to hold on to.

CarawynO chapter 1 . 10/17/2017
Well done! I've sometimes wondered how Aragorn must have felt, knowing what Arwen had given up to be with him, and I think you captured it very well in the first section.

I especially like the section with Eowyn, showing how their friendship changed as Eowyn aged, and how quick it must have seemed to someone who's already lived over 2,000 years. And the two of them getting drunk together sounds delightful; I'd love to read more about that evening. ;)
AndurilofTolkien chapter 1 . 10/16/2017