Reviews for Whelped
Sebine chapter 1 . 1/4
What in the goddamn fuck was that
Luiniliel chapter 1 . 12/18/2021
great googelymoogely this was terribly scary.
nabeta chapter 1 . 12/10/2021
You write horror really well! I got literal chills
Team503 chapter 1 . 12/9/2021
Oh my how fantastic! I wonder if you've ever considered expanding on this?
thobeobo chapter 1 . 11/21/2021
Holy shit I don't have words. This is horrible and disgusting in all the right ways.
Mitaya chapter 1 . 10/22/2021
Holy fucking shit. Well. I don't know if I blinked through the entire second half of that, my eyes were so wide. Nicely done.
Concolor44 chapter 1 . 8/28/2021
Boy. When you say 'HORROR', you aren't kidding around. That was grotesque.

Gotta go read something light now.
Handers chapter 1 . 6/8/2021
I'm not usually into dark stuff and this dark AF but so well written and intriguing that I would like to read more.
Li-Ion89 chapter 1 . 5/12/2021
you have a talent for the horror. i can actually feel what they are feeling and the smells that can permeate my nose. its like their desperation of containing it makes this feel alive, and isnt that a thought? poor harry, corrupted by something unnatural and unworldly it suffocates the whole being.
EternalWorld chapter 1 . 3/23/2021
Whoa... that was really creepy.

Well done!
Charlie Waffles chapter 1 . 2/25/2021
This was incredibly disturbing. Well done.
The Night Cried Out chapter 1 . 11/17/2020
Whole new level of creepiness! Amazingly disturbing and wow... I’m floored here. And WHAT?! Is that TOM RIDDLE inside him?
stevem1 chapter 1 . 9/26/2020
This is real horror.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/30/2020
I’ve read a fair bit of horror in my time, both fan fiction and published work. I can count the number of stories that unsettle me on one hand.

Like Dudley, seems I’m down a finger.
Bluebell1223 chapter 1 . 7/26/2020
This wasn't really that horror-like to me and didn't really click right, but I dunno why. Maybe it's just different to the horror I'm used to. (Doesn't mean the story's bad!)
Like...I didn't like all the description on the smells and such, because it's not actually something horrible. A smell's just a smell. A bad one's disgusting and awful yes, but it's not really true horror imo. And I feel like smell's overused in horror, when a story is trying to create an effect but hasn't really grasped it yet, so the smell is described a lot. To be honest I found all the smell's and Petunia and Dudley's reactions more comical than horror-like. The juxtaposition between what we imagine their nice house to be, and all the disgusting smells, muggle witchcraft etc, read like a satire more than a horror. But the writing was consistent (in terms of mood and tone) and nice, so it was an enjoyable read anyway, just different to what I expected for a horror story.
I felt like the final reveal was sort of gross, and it's awful what's happened, but it just lacked an oomph and didn't really scare me. I think it's because I've seen the eating baby animals trope before. But it is gross, and I did feel really sorry for Harry.
I still liked this story though, because it's one of the few that captures a reality where it really really didn't go well, and I could imagine it. Having the soul of a loveless dark wizard who's already committed enough murders to have a deformed soul himself stuck in a young boy since a baby could go really awfully, and that was never explored in the books so this was a nice runaway plot bunny to read. I didn't really like the horror part so much, but I loved the concept and how consistently it was written right til the end. It's one of the few gems that really explore that, so it's a great story overall!
I would be interested in reading a multi-chap of this alternate universe, it would be an interesting concept I think!
Thanks for sharing, overall it's still a real gem of a fic that really captures an interesting alternate reality well! :)