Reviews for Whelped
Guest chapter 1 . 11/10/2019
My heart was thundering in it's cavity as I read this. The horror, visceral fear from your descriptions, and hopelessness the ending left me with. Sweet Canada have mercy on the poor Dursley family and poor, poor Harry.
mickeysofine chapter 1 . 11/3/2019
Bizarre.

Why write this?
BillBrink chapter 1 . 10/31/2019
Whoa! Major upset of canon. I think this was perfectly done. What a great ending. The best part of the premise is that it was what canon Dumbledore kept worrying about. Twisted and very entertaining. The length was perfect also. This doesn't need any more.
Brievel chapter 1 . 10/21/2019
I regret reading this. 0.0 Very very vivid and graphic. But now I need to know if Harry and the Dursleys are ever freed.
raspberrypirate chapter 1 . 10/10/2019
The visceral reaction in almost all the comments is a testament to your horrifying and very well executed idea.

My reaction? "Fuck"

This hit every height of horror: the unsettlingly different start, a building dread as the unknown, unseen horror is identified - where you, the reader, can see the protagonist picking up clues and initially refusing to accept them until the exposure of the beast. The pity and revulsion felt by the reader reflected explicitly by Dudley, and the underlying horror of knowing how familiar they must be with the situation. And finally, the payout, ending at the final moment of terrible realisation.

This has been my favourite textual analysis piece ever - trying to unpick above what made this so excellent.

There are a few spelling mistakes (e.g. "hoast" should be "host") and grammatical errors, but they're unnoticable under the emotional impact. Well done.
TCMClarky chapter 1 . 7/25/2019
I wanted to let you know, this story has been stolen and reposted under the username MythRocker. story id number 13330942
jon reeve chapter 1 . 7/13/2019
/Not the one they want, but the one they deserve.
csad21 chapter 1 . 7/7/2019
"Pretty messed up" is an understatement for this! Wow!

I had to scroll a lot of this, so I'm not sure wtf is happening here really. Did the horcrux twist Harry into some sort of Gollum-esque creature?

How are the Dursleys keeping all this from the neighbours? At least with canon, we could assume their abuse of Harry was not noticed because of a number of things (Apathy - which is pretty much the main reason for why no one ever reports suspected child abuse IRL; Figg reporting and Dumbles interfering, etc. etc.), but in this case? The Dursleys must seem suspect as hell.

And without Vernon, how are they affording living expenses? If Dudley is the calming presence, what about his schooling? How long has all this been going on anyway? Why hasn't Figg's death not rang alarm bells for Dumbledore?

I just... the backstory to this piece of gore throws up so many questions that I can't piece an answer together for.
ReaderBot791 chapter 1 . 7/5/2019
Holy fucking shit
Herring.Under.A.Blanket chapter 1 . 6/18/2019
This was so fucking _visceral_
So.
Just.
What. The. Fuck. This. Was. So. Terrifying.
Dudley is awesome. Just- wow.
I literally cannot put my reaction into words. The words are all there, but i cannot bring myself to put something so banal after this- this slice of terror you served on platter.
Fuck.
Mr. Tom, fuck me, Mr-fucking-Tom
Sorry for the swearing, but. *Fuck*
ThreateningMedicine chapter 1 . 6/8/2019
Gosh! That made me shudder a lot! It had a lot of suspense too! I really liked it - Your horror is good!
sfescher chapter 1 . 6/7/2019
Wow, this story is fantastically creepy. So dark, yet I enjoyed every bit of it.
Fugacity7 chapter 1 . 5/22/2019
Exceedingly dark - which is what you were after. Definitely falls into the horror category!
luvbug7554 chapter 1 . 3/24/2019