Reviews for Endless Pantheon: Visions of the Pantheon
Bloodfox chapter 4 . 12/19/2017
Meh, I guess I am fucked up. I realize this shoud be horrible, but the content is good and characters are in person so even if the image painted is gruesome, it's still well painted. Well, that and I enjoyed Re:zero
Guest chapter 4 . 12/19/2017
Deeply confused. Nothing in this was out of my expectations for this work. That melodramatic (read: disingenuous) lament on the reluctance on the use of a warning, and the frankly ridiculous implementation of it gave me pause, enough that I postponed eating to read on an empty stomach. Devouring my badly delayed meal, I'm more upset that I had to wait than anything else.
Guest chapter 4 . 12/18/2017
...It was pretty gross. Like. Really visceral imagery. But it wasn't as bad as I expected.

Either the horror will set in in a while or it's just not going to hit. I'm pretty sure portraying it from Moloch's perspective succeeded in doing a lot of dehumanizing, so it's not as impacting as it might be otherwise.

Thanks for the chapter, anyways. :)

...No wonder Harry went 'fuck no', geez.
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 4 . 12/20/2017
Dresden's going to murder him, isn't he?
Parselmaster chapter 4 . 12/19/2017
While gross, horrifying, and otherwise completely detestable, I was honestly expecting worse after all the warnings. But I think I will take up the recommendation of videos showing cute puppies.
CannedMushroom chapter 4 . 12/19/2017
You are being way to cute with your warnings. It takes forever to get to the story on a touch screen.
Captain Loony 007 chapter 4 . 12/19/2017
Dude/dudette chill.
Crayshack chapter 4 . 12/18/2017
This is probably one of the best written peeks into a diabolical villains head I have ever seen. Most of the time, when people write a scene from a villain's POV, they try to make them at least somewhat sympathetic. However, sometimes you just need to show how beyond redemption someone is and this chapter showcased that perfectly. It puts any attempts I have made at the same thing to shame and I have to admit I took some notes for the next time I DM a DnD game.

That said, I can certainly understand the trigger warnings. Most of the time I see trigger warnings, I think they are being used a bit overzealously and cheapening the effectiveness of such things. This isn't such a case. It is probably far past the average person's tolerance for blood and gore. Personally, I could stand to see more of this style of writing, but putting it behind heavy warnings is probably the best so you don't lose the more fainthearted of your readers.
Arekanderu chapter 4 . 12/18/2017
Videos of puppies would be nice but a chapter where Dresden violently murders Moloch or better yet helps Ishta murder him would be even better
majorshane chapter 4 . 12/18/2017
That was aweful! Thanks for the warnings, they were definitely appropriate. This guy’s evil goes so much further than cannibalizm... just wild. This subject material is far too dark for SG1 to ever encounter on screen, that’s for sure. I find it impressive how you take the setup of nearly immortal beings that have the genetic memory of their evil ancestors and the magic/technology of the world that you have forged by welding SG1/DF and simply taken it to its logical conclusion. I can find no reason why some of the goauld wouldn’t do things like these, it almost isn’t surprising. Shocking and horrific, but not surprising.

I remember in the show it was mentioned that Anubis did things that even the other system lords thought was aweful. I always wondered what these aweful things were that turned off the other goauld, but it was never revealed. Now I have at least an idea of something that could be evil enough to trigger even their atrophied sense of morality.
Hellstorm80 chapter 4 . 12/18/2017
I mean, this wasn't nearly as bad as you made it out to be. A little cannibalism, a little infant sacrifice to power a ritual, nothing new to those of us who have read the Dresden files.
Although your abnormally long disclaimer did have me thinking that there wasn't actually going to be a chapter at the bottom...
Dracco chapter 4 . 12/18/2017
Well, took your advice, didn't really read the chapter, just kept looking for the quote marks to read the dialog and read a bit further to check for when there was internal thought of Dresden. The parts of narration I did read were cringe worthy though. So, good job?

Really though, appreciate the warnings, had a bad experience with an author thinking it would be funny to slip in a scene of surprise cannibalism in a story once, I was sick to my stomach for days.

Though the chapter is a bit necessary to help explain any interactions between Harry and Moloc.
Apple89123 chapter 4 . 12/18/2017
I don't see the problem with stuff of this nature. We have plenty of cannibal tribes in Africa and there are many videos about them killing and eating live humans online. Same with Saudi Arab, India and China where you also have people torturing each other to death with even children being among the spectators of those events. Remember that White people today only make up around 4% of the worlds human population which means we no longer define the standard and closing our eyes and minds to reality is not very clever.
AnthonyR89 chapter 4 . 12/18/2017
...i was half expecting this entire chapter to be one giant trolling attempt, given how far down it actually started, with maybe one or two paragraphs of actual content with very little actual detail.

and Moloch is one sick bastard.
Breadnaught chapter 4 . 12/18/2017
... okay then. I get your concerns in the SB posts.

... fuck.