Reviews for Small Soldiers
Cerisabeth chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
This is so sweet.. TT_TT I love little Faramir
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
A great story. Very well written.
Rian Steelsheen chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
Poor little Boromir! Very Moving!
Fwe chapter 1 . 10/2/2005
"Yes, Faramir. This is death. Look on it well and know it."

Well, I have to admit... I laughed there. *blush* I was thinking "Didn't Worf say that on Star Trek?"

Heh, sorry. I probably shouldn't have even said anything.

Well, it is a very good story. Angsty; yet very sweet. Very good job, you should be proud. :D Faramir and Boromir... it's always so interesting to see how different people deal with their relationships with the people around them. I must say, I like how you portrayed their father. Very nice.
a person chapter 1 . 7/30/2005
Only God has the right to decide when a person dies.
Morgan chapter 1 . 2/26/2004
Very, very good. I am so glad that someone can see the softer side of Denethor.
escapistone chapter 1 . 1/17/2004
Aww, man. Now I'm crying...
Very moving and touching
Anonymous chapter 1 . 7/23/2003
I like the part where Faramir tells Bormir, "I'm yours too". I thought that was cute.
Klose chapter 1 . 3/20/2003
I loved that. I especially liked the parts with Denethor being all loving father to Faramir. And the brotherhood between Faramir and Boromir was incredibly powerful. Thank you for this, it was sad, sweet and poignant. :)
Aislin Cross chapter 1 . 3/17/2003
*is in tears* Oh my Eru. That...is one increadible story. Just...wow is about all I can think of to describe it. I love your characterizations, espescially of Boromir, but the others were excellant as well. I'll look forward to reading more of your work.
Starlight10 chapter 1 . 3/17/2003
This was absolutely beautiful. Very poignant and full of subtleties and powerful emotions, all portrayed in an accurate and realistic manner. I loved the whole thing, from your descriptions of Faramir's battle games, to the description of the frightened boys entering into Denethor's study, on to the way Boromir tries to close his mother's eyes, and then the final image of both boys by the fire and all that talk... You have artfully given us glimpses of their personality that fit into the men they become, and Denethor is wonderful in this story. The practical way in which he deals with the situation is very much in-character, and still we see signs of his love for his wife and sons. It was a beautiful story. Thanks for writing!
Soledad chapter 1 . 3/17/2003
A wonderfully sad piece, well-written and full of true feelings. I'm especially grateful that you gave poor, much-abused Denethor a sympathetic portrayal.
Acacea chapter 1 . 3/16/2003
Beautiful! This is a perfectly well-written story story. So many beuatigul nuances and emotions. And such excellent portrayals. Even at such a young age, the boys show signs of the characteristics they will display in the future. I liked Boromir's reaction - it was so poignant.

Thank you for a truly wonderful story. Hope to see you writing more!
Feadan chapter 1 . 3/16/2003
What a great story. Many things I liked. Boromir brings Faramir there just in the nick of time, or perhaps she was holding on so she could see him. Denethor behaving like a good father, not a lunatic. I loved the ending, where Faramir decides to leave a wooden soldier to guard her.

Very nice.
daw the minstrel chapter 1 . 3/16/2003
This is a touching and well-written story. The images of Faramir's soldiers in their puzzling upendedness and then being consigned to the fire is startling. The two boys are done as individuals and we can see how what had happened to them will help to shape what they become. And Denethor is presented with as much sympathy as I've ever seen given him. Wonderful job.