Reviews for The Butterfly Effect
Gingeraffealene chapter 8 . 10/12
Epic! I love it when we get to see Emrys go all out! In the BBC take on Arthurian legend we actually see very little of the fabled terrific and terrifying power of the 'greatest sorcerer ever to walk the earth'. So, yes! Go for it! Show off the magic! Thank you!
Also, I loved Morgana's last few moments with Merlin a few chapters ago and now she's the one he's talking to and getting encouragement from in his head. It's a sort of redemption for both of them in a way. Really nice.
Keep it up!
Taz chapter 8 . 10/11
Arthur I'd true to form. He's always been quick to anger.
Poor Merlin. Betrayed by the spoiled prat.
Taz chapter 7 . 10/11
Fabulous. Dragoon's dialogue is perfect.
Random person chapter 8 . 10/11
Ooo loving this so far! I can't believe Arthur has so little faith... Poor Merlin:( On the bright side, Merlin can finally show his magic freely:)
1983Sarah chapter 8 . 10/11
Ok, this totally kicked ass with the imagery! I loved it. I always thought the show was far too subtle in magic use and the pictures you created with your words...magnificent. I can't wait to see what happens next. Arthur better get his act together and not be a big douche bag.
mersan123 chapter 8 . 10/10
Loved the chapter. Absolutely loved it. I think we never saw enough of the Emrys power. The series seriously lacked it that area. Merlin was caste as this all powerful creature of magic, yet we only saw snippets.
Therefore a big round of applause for your work here. Always love a BAMF Merlin.
Sorry to see the reaction from Arthur, but not surprised. He needs to pulls his head out of his 'behind'.
Poor Merlin.
Many thanks. Brilliant to have a new chapter. A great one at that.
trekmel chapter 8 . 10/9
Omigoodness YES! That was epic! Not over the top at all. It was totally believable and magic that incredible SHOULD be a bit flashy. That was what all Merlin fans everywhere have been waiting for since the show's disappointing ending. Arthur just needs to get out of his head and start seeing with his heart. I'm sure those that are still with him will work on that. I now have to read this again! Thank you!
ruby890 chapter 8 . 10/9
Yessssss! Love the angst. Its natural that he would feel this way and that much power is scary arthur has always been the one with all the power in everything so this is new for him. He needs to learn most of this from merlin tho
trekmel chapter 7 . 10/8
In really enjoying this story. I do hope you are able to continue it soon. Thank you.
I love Merlin's alter ego.
Fantastic chapter.
That's a whopper of a chapter.
Beautifully done.
Gingeraffealene chapter 7 . 9/12
I thoroughly enjoy this story. You are masterful at writing grumpy old Emrys. Very funny moment when Arthur and Merlin feel a sort of deja vu when Lot confronts his evil throne-stealing sister. Very fun!
It'll be interesting to see how the plague gets resolved. Hope Merlin can hold on. I'm curious as to how this will all work out since he is still incredibly I'll.
Thanks for updating!
Mersan123 chapter 7 . 9/7
What a treat to see a new chapter! A little on Lot which was interesting. Frightening what is happening in Ealdor though. Not good to see Merlín not only so I’ll but now injured as well. I am glad to see Arthur has been quite effected by the reveal of Merlin’s scars. So he should.
Loved the chapter. Merlin and Arthur need to stop Mordreds brother and fast .
Please bring on the magic reveal.
Many thanks.