Reviews for Bedtime Story
...Okay but
Can we talk about
What you wrote

Because... *Grins*
Honestly one of the best things I've read.
hengrimm chapter 7 . 11/17/2017
OMG! I LOVE this story! This was so awesome, so amazing, *everything* I could've wished for and then some ... I absolutely couldn't be any happier with how this turned out - THANK YOU, 29Pieces! (Picture Dash from "The Incredibles" at the end in the limo when he's beside himself exulting in his family's little adventure and you have me after finishing this story!)

So the rescue is complete at last, Bobby on his way to Heaven where he belongs, the boys on their way back to the Bunker, and Meg safely healing and resting in Castiel's arms. But everything getting to that happy place ... oy! I loved Bobby calling Castiel one of his boys, firmly claiming Cas as his own. I loved Bobby's words of forgiveness and understanding for Cas, letting him know Cas protected Dean and that was the only reason the demons could make him do squat. I loved "Do I look like Google maps?" and Dean's constipated (!) look. I loved the boys making it right with Castiel, letting him know they're going to do better by him because he *deserves" it, and I even loved how Castiel making himself subservient to Crowley and all his demons to protect Dean basically illustrated how Dean and Sam have been pretty much treating their angel - and how Dean actually got that. I loved "'We'd do the same for *you,* Cas,' Sam replied." I loved the boys offering Meg a place to rest and heal at the Bunker. I loved Castiel staying with Meg while she recovered. I loved Meg showing the Winchesters what Castiel truly looks like, and their awe-filled reactions to him afterwards; *that* should definitely keep them from taking him for granted ever again! And my poor sweet angel, not thinking much of himself, of his wings, and how quickly Meg put *that* to rest (that's my girl!). I loved Meg giving Cas another way of looking at his wings, letting him know how *she* sees him. I loved his second bedtime story, short, sweet, and to the point. I loved the poem making up the chapter titles.

Obviously I LOVED the whole damn thing, but other parts that need to be highlighted:
1) "Cas - Clarence - was loyal, and clueless, and awkward, and fun to tease.
Castiel was dangerous.
And Meg loved a little danger."
2) "They should be in awe every day, every *moment* of their lives that there was a freakin' angel living with them, who deserved their respect."
3) "He couldn't even finish, beaming wider and wider, like a fangirl geeking out." (Frigging awesome, Sam!)
4) Dean telling Cas to take his time with Meg.
5) "Dean paused, then clapped Cas on the back. 'And we'll leave a light on at the Bunker,' he finished. 'For when you come home.'"
6) "The smile that blossomed across Cas's face definitely made this whole stupid day worth it."

What a wonderful, amazing story. Like Sam, I'm totally geeking out. Again, THANK YOU so much for writing this and for letting it jump the queue for your planned stories - it was just perfect. Thank you for writing it and thank you for sharing it! I LOVED IT!
MicheleChadwick chapter 7 . 11/17/2017
“Everything else was details” yes that’s a very Cas line. Love it.
MC2
LadyWallace chapter 7 . 11/14/2017
AW, what a lovely ending to this story, even though I'm sad it's over. The way you write Meg and Cas is just too adorable. I especially loved that she was able to show the boys what Cas' true form looks like. She's totally right too, Cas' blackened wings would be so badass compared to the other angels'. I like how she was able to make him feel like they weren't something he should be ashamed of too.
And the scene where Bobby said "all three" of his boys…*melts* :')
I just really loved this story so much, and thanks as always for sharing with us! I can't wait to see what you come up with next! :D
Snovolovac chapter 7 . 11/14/2017
yes, beautiful, kudos, amazing, wow
kitsune911 chapter 7 . 11/14/2017
*sighs* thoroughly satisfied, lol.
Aini NuFire chapter 7 . 11/14/2017
Omg the FEELS. Where do I start. The Bobby feels were amazing. Bobby calling Cas one of his boys was the best. And then the description of Cas's true form, oh my, that was beautiful. :') I love this story so much. And the last line was just SO Cas. Bravo, this was perfection. n_n
Telentropy X chapter 7 . 11/14/2017
L.O.V.E it! And it's the end? Wow what a ride! I love that Meg showed the boys "all of Cas". They've always taken him for granted and never viewed him with the awe he deserved. And how Meg explained his wings was just perfect, proof that he's been to and survived hell. Oh yeah, demons better be quaking in their meatsuits lol. Fantastic from start to finish and boy am I sad that it's the end. But I'm one that never wants a good story to end. Till next time!
LadyWallace chapter 6 . 11/11/2017
AH! The rescue! I loved this chapter, even though the humiliation Crowley put Cas through made my blood boil. Yeah, no one sells the angel! Dean pleading for Cas not to give in because he wasn't worth it broke my heart too, but thankfully Cas wasn't forced to show his wings to Crowley. I like the head canon that Hell's atmosphere is kind of poisonous to angels, it makes sense that it would be.

But the rescue was awesome! Meg going in there and taking down all those demons and then Cas going full BAMF once he got unchained was epic. And of course Crowley ran away lol. And then Cas and Meg got the obligatory rescue kiss ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing the wrap up of this in the next chapter and hopefully more Megstiel feels :)
Telentropy X chapter 6 . 11/10/2017
OMG! Cas has had his BA moments but. That. Was. Awesome! Meg is right, you don't screw with Cas, especially after you've ticked him and threatened his Winchesters. You better run Crowley and run far. I was terrified by the thought of his wings burning away, still am actually. They're still in hell, after all. And Dean begging Cas to fight back regardless of what would happen, telling Cas he wasn't worth it, I was almost in tears. Can't wait for the next one!
Aini NuFire chapter 6 . 11/10/2017
OMG, BAMF!Cas... *melts, swoons, heart eyes, dies* But going back to the beginning of the chapter, you totally had me freaking out that Crowley would get Cas to show his wings and they'd burn, but thank goodness you're not *that* cruel. At least not in this fic. And Dean's broken pleas for Cas not to let Crowley do this...I felt Dean's pain in my heart. And then Meg! I don't know why I forgot she was going to get hurt, because Cas is telling her this "bedtime story" while she heals up. Oh man, but I'm so glad they're on their way out. Intense chapter!
hengrimm chapter 6 . 11/10/2017
OMG! I FREAKING LOVE this story!

Meg, by basically sacrificing herself, gets Sam and Bobby safely into the Throne Room, where they immediately free Dean and Castiel. Leaving the demon horde to face one VERY "undomesticated," pissed off angel. (I have to say, as soon as "Thunder gathered in the angel's heart..." I thought *immediately* of "Raise Your Wings as Demons Run" and the fury the demons unleashed on themselves there - Huzzah! Yes, in case you haven't figured it out, that chapter in "The One You Feed" is my ALL-TIME most favorite chapter in ANY work of fiction ever, taking it in context of everything that happened to Cas before that chapter and in the entirety of "Where They Don't Belong" because he would not be broken; still he rose, to paraphrase Maya Angelou. And to make the connection to that awesome chapter in this one - "They fled" - made me break out in goosebumps. "RAISE YOUR WINGS AS DEMONS RUN!' Huzzah!)

I loved Dean's distress over what Castiel allowed himself to endure for the human's sake. I was waiting for Crowley to bring up wings, and sure enough, he did, the scummiest scumbag around, and Cas's thoughts, first "The angel wondered suddenly if Dean was ashamed of him..." - which also hearkens back to "Where They Don't Belong" and "The One You Feed" - and then "Did Dean still not understand there was nothing Castiel wouldn't do to protect him, nothing he would refuse?" broke my heart. I hope Dean remembers this when they're free, remembers this any time he even thinks of taking Castiel for granted again or demanding him do this, that, or the other. I loved Cas kissing Meg in the midst of escape, stunning her stupid - long live the pizza man! I loved Dean and Bobby's reunion, the feels there. I loved Bobby and the Winchesters forming a barricade between Cas and Crowley, defending their fallen angel from the King of Hell, and Dean saying "'You mess with Cas ... you mess with *all* of us.'" Because that's something Castiel obviously needs to hear! And I love Meg saying, "You don't have to do anything in return, dumbass,'" and what she says next as well. I love Sam offering to carry Meg so Cas's hands are free, taking us back to "raise your wings as demons run."

What a truly amazing chapter in a story I'm already in love with. Thank you so much - this turned out better than I could have even dreamed! Part of me can't wait to see how it ends next Tuesday and part of me is really bummed it's going to end on Tuesday. THANK YOU again, 29Pieces, this has been frigging awesome!
kitsune911 chapter 6 . 11/10/2017
Poor Cas... Damn, poor Dean! Being forced to watch this terrible situation. Super glad that the others made it in time.
Snovolovac chapter 6 . 11/10/2017
OH MY GAAAAWD YEEEEEEEAAAAAAD
LadyWallace chapter 5 . 11/8/2017
Well at least they found Bobby and are now on their way to rescue Cas and Dean :) I'm liking the canon divergence as well, especially Meg going into Purgatory to find them and making sure Cas gets out, because heck yes. Someone needs to remind Cas that he doesn't have to serve penance. I just love how much he has changed her :') Looking forward to seeing exactly how the rescue goes though. Go get your unicorn, Meg!
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »