Reviews for Knitting Socks
Nienor Niniel chapter 7 . 9/27/2006
It's me!

I just figured out that I could read those fics that aren't on SoA or that you are revising over there here instead. Yes, sometimes I'm a bit slow.

Seeing how Pippin got his pony and why it has that really strange name was good. I like the relationship between Esmeralda and Pippin in here, and also the pre-Quest-preparations.

All the best, Nienor
Pansy Chubb chapter 7 . 3/20/2003
What a good aunt. I really enjoyed this story. I like the tie-in to the LOTR at the end.
Dana4 chapter 7 . 3/20/2003
I like this ending! I especially like the way Pippin and Esmerelda interact. And Socks has his name? Excellent! All in all, an enjoyable ending. And your power of completing stories makes me envious.
Cerridwen3 chapter 6 . 3/19/2003
Fantastic!

I really like the way you write Pip's relationship with Paladin, though usually bad Pip/Paladin relationship's annoy me. People take it too far and there's abuse and yadda yadda. You do it well, though. It's believable and very possible, and you even show an actual *reason* for Paladin's behaviour. Good job!

I also *really* like Esmeralda in this chapter. So compassionate and caring... I'm glad that Pip has a safe harbour.

Writing is fab, storyline is moving along nicely, none of those excess scenes that drag it down and slow it up. Good stuff, Lindelea. :D
Espionage chapter 6 . 3/19/2003
Wow! This is really cool! I love the character interaction, and it's a great idea, having Pippin involved with horses. Please continue.

I'd love to see a little more of Merry too.
Dana4 chapter 6 . 3/19/2003
The talk that Esmerelda and Pippin have is very touching... and a good end to the chapter, as well.
Dana4 chapter 5 . 3/18/2003
Wonderful! Oh... I am enjoying this so completely that I don't know ehere to even begin. Just know that your stories make me very, very happy. I always look forward to more.
Cerridwen3 chapter 4 . 3/17/2003
You wily little thing you! You managed to sneak in a bit of your famed "one of the cousins in trouble the other helps" bits! To good advantage no less, proving to Merry what the rest of the enlightened world already knows: That Pippin is fantastic and that the Quest is unQuestable without him.

I still love the interaction between Pippin and his pony, and I am ashamed to say that I've just now, as I was writing this review realised what the chapter titles mean. I reckon it goes without telling that I've never even held a knitting needle.

I'd also like to take this moment to thank you for reading and reviewing my story and for your thoughtful criticism. It was much appreciated!

Once again, though, excellent new chapter, nearly flawless writing (in fact, I don't think I noticed a single mistake typo or otherwise) and some of the best hobbit characterisation I've seen in a long time. Good job.
Cerridwen3 chapter 3 . 3/16/2003
What a great story idea! And executed very well to boot. A well portrayed Pippin with a big heart and a believable not-so-great-dad!

Wonderful stuff as always, dear Lindelea
Demus chapter 2 . 3/16/2003
Yay! Why has this not been written sooner! Who says Pippin can't love ponies! Great start, keep it up!
Pansy Chubb chapter 2 . 3/15/2003
What a nice story. Poor Pippin, he feels very guilty for his pony's death. He is very good with the grey pony and,I think, will redeem himself.