Reviews for Father suffering
ziggy3 chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
This is a really intersting concept- I have not come across this before although I probably have understood it but not actually known it to be this- if you understand me- the notion of the Father suffering because of the three in one. And the horror and pain is there but sort of remote too because it is also intellectualised, which is perfectly in keeping with Maitimo's character rather than Maedhros, and this alomst shows the transition from one to the other. Fascinating.
Deborah chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
Julia, absolutely, I'm always happy to have my stories translated. Thanks!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
It's wonderful and very intresting! May I translate it into Russian and placed on site?
Fortune Zyne chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
Amazing and powerful!
RavenLady chapter 1 . 3/9/2006
A masterpiece of short writing.

I read this out loud, and it was incredible; the lines just fall like stones. Harsh, chilling, perfectly done. It's really striking to see a version of this scene with a real structure, imposed on a situation that doesn't have one. And the concept makes it completely different from anything else on the subject. As usual, you amaze me.
Friend of Maglor chapter 1 . 12/2/2003
WOW
I really shouldn't spoil it by saying more...we ought to talk...you seem to understand insanity...*brief ray of hope*
Maglor is my Friend, Maedhros is my Passion...
but why the closseness to Patripassion? hm
watcherchild chapter 1 . 6/26/2003
As always, you weave imagery into your stories beautifully. The story was so Tolkien and at the same time, so Biblical, that by the end of the story, I'd been forced to acknowledge that I'll probably now always view Maedhros as some sort of Christ!

If this is blasphemy (although I think not!), it certainly is beautiful and evocative blasphemy.
Red Handed Jane chapter 1 . 5/4/2003
I've read a few of you Sil pieces, and I have to say that your writing is beautiful. The depth of the wording you use is amazing, you truly bring your characters to life. Kudos
lipstick chapter 1 . 3/27/2003
I had bits of this stuck in my head for two days after, much to the annoyance of my real world aquaintances. Very powerfull and haunting. I'm not sure if anyone has done Maedhros' mental state on Thangorodrim as well as this in my humble oppinion.
Cirdan chapter 1 . 3/20/2003
Great imagery all around! I've long thought about three tests for Maedhros. Kudos to Maedhros. I want my father dead. And he is. Maedhros can deal with the rest once he's saved.
Klose chapter 1 . 3/19/2003
Poor Maedhros!*sob*

I wanted to review this properly, but I find myself speechless once again. How do you do it? Tell such a dramatic (and depressing) tale, even with such a short length? It really packed a punch.

Beautiful ficbit (strange juxtaposition there!) , Deborah, simply beautiful.

*goes off to cry for Maedhros* ;)
Maia1 chapter 1 . 3/18/2003
Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.
Ithilwen too lazy to log in chapter 1 . 3/17/2003
It's going to be hard for me to come up with something to say that the other reviewers haven't already said better. Suffice it to say, then, that I'm always intrigued by the way you manage to interweave Judeo-Christian imagery and symbolism into Tolkien's tales (and often in the most surprising of ways). No other writer has quite your touch!
Tolkanonms chapter 1 . 3/16/2003
Striking imagery! Hard reading, but worth it. There is a drifting that invites the story to be many things, as other more biblically savvy reviewers have observed, yet for me spoke simply of the drifting of mind that must happen under such extreme suffering. (And thanks for the footnote - the "heresies" are such an interesting aspect of the history of Christianity.)
JastaElf chapter 1 . 3/16/2003
This is chillingly, beautifully, marvellously wrought. The parallels to the Creation story in Genesis are very cannily placed, and have the same impressive, ritualistic feel to them, raising similar goosebumps.

I don't believe I've ever seen a blasphemy warning on a tale before... (grin) But from a theological standpoint, I think this is all handled with an immense amount of angsty compassion and much respect. I see no blasphemy here!

Just an exquisite, painful tale. I think this one will stay with me for a long time.