Reviews for Fifty Shades of Luna Lovegood
Cookies and Ink chapter 4 . 2/5
I'm always a bit ambivalent about this ship, on the fence but damn Rainy I think I ship it now! This was beautiful.

You wrote Ginny perfectly. She's fiery, confident, curious and undaunted. I love how she and Luna were girlfriends, you didn't have to do a load of explanations or something big and flashy, instead it was just a simple fact. It may sound really simple, silly even, but I'm so used to queer ships making a BIG DEAL about it that how natural this was was really refreshing.

The letters were heartbreaking and just the thought of Luna going to the Shrieking Shack of all places, somewhere she wouldn't have known was necessarily safe or not haunted, to be away from all the bullies really pulled at my heartstrings.

Then those final four lines, well they were just perfection. This was beautiful.
Mavynn chapter 6 . 1/13
I have always loved Luna, there is something so pure and innocent about her, even through the worst that happened. I had never considered her with Ginny before. You made me look at the two of them in a new light. I am not ready to declare them my new OTP but it is always good to stretch our imaginations. Great job!
MaryandMerlin chapter 4 . 1/2
Well this was both adorable and heart breaking. It was so very sad to imagine young Luna getting bullied because she was different but of course it must have happened. She was alone for so long but always kept that happy face on. I hope it wasn't as much of a façade as it is in this fic.
I liked that you had the happy part of it when Ginny found them and that her final entry was all about how happy she was because of Ginny and all her friends that she has now. It's nice to see a happy ending for her.
I thought you characterised them both very well and there was plenty of description to go along with the dialogue that gave good, detailed background to go with the fic.
Fantastic job, well done.
isaacswolfsbane chapter 4 . 12/31/2017
I really loved this right up until the end. I thought everything was fantastic and I loved the diary letters until the last one. I think apart from the PS at the end, the letter lost all of Luna's characterisation. I just couldn't feel her in that letter at all. It felt rushed and like you, as the author, has run out of things to write rather than Luna running out.

Other than that letter, though, I loved it. I loved the little insights into Luna's early Hogwarts life you gave us—the bullying and the fact that she was more bothered about hurting the spiders than being bullied—and how much of a difference Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny made to her life. The fact that they see her as a human being, implying that others don't, broke my little heart.

Great job :)
NeonDomino chapter 4 . 12/31/2017
Okay, so the end threw me. Further up, I get the impression that they just sort of know each other at this point, rather than having a big role in each other's lives because you never made it seem otherwise - until you mention they are girlfriends - I think this threw off the ending a little because the previous wording made it seem less.

The content of the letters didn't seem very like Luna's style either. Even if the topics are something she would write about, the style isn't her.

Apart from these two things, I really enjoyed this story. I like that Ginny's curiosity won out and she followed to the shrieking shack. Your descriptions of the shack were perfect too, describing how it looked without overloading us with this information and Ginny's characterisation was great.

I also like the idea of Luna going to the shrieking shack and hanging out there. That's oddly fitting. I actually thought she was going to be a werewolf.
obscurialdefenseclub chapter 4 . 12/22/2017
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD
I haven't really read a GinnyLuna fic where they're a couple, but this is amazing. Like, I have no words for this fic because it is just that good. I really felt for Luna in the beginning and was nearly crying. Like, how dare those ravenclaw girls hurt my poor bby. Then I felt happy when she felt better, you're really good at immersing your reader into the fic. I didn't realize they were together until Ginny "hugged her girlfriend" which threw me off a little, but I honestly think the aspect of them being together just makes the fic even cuter. The fic flowed very well and I spotted no grammar errors. Looking forward to reading more of your stuff in the future;)
-Ana
Jily Trash chapter 4 . 12/17/2017
This one-shot definitely gave me the feels. It was so sad reading Luna’s first few entries where she’s being bullied because she didn’t deserve it. But I love the hopeful feeling you added when you write about her meeting Harry, Ron and Ginny. The ending of her last journal entry was hilarious though, the mention of the Wrackspurts XD And she and Ginny were just so cute. But despite the fact that this one-shot trampled all over my heart, it was very well done and a delightful read.
rhead-a-holyc chapter 4 . 12/11/2017
I love how Luna was trying to be strong despite the fact that she was being bullied - she didn't want to bother anyone else nor did she want to worry her father. I don't usually like Ginny in fanfiction, but I love her here.

I just feel like the bit before the page break could have been taken out, maybe mentioned in a line if you really wanted to add it, but to me the tone was really different from the rest of the story which ended up reading a bit strangely.

I felt terrible when Luna felt like she finally met people who treated her like 'a human being'. That was a particularly strong statement, especially after Luna's previous diary entries.
My reaction exactly: why did you have to hurt me like this? TT_TT

I admit, I rarely read this pairing, but you've written it so well! This is a ship I can totally board!
AlwaysPadfoot chapter 4 . 12/7/2017
Ahhhh I don't get to read that much GinnyLuna so it's always a pleasant surprise when then pop up for me to review. I love when someone uses an epistolary form in their writing because Letters and Diary's really give a personal look into people minds and relationships. I nearly cried during the first letter because an eleven year old misses home. Yeah I found this very emotional to read and I enjoyed this throughly. That being said I think my favourite addition is about the wrackspurts building nests; I thought that was really cute and it was an amazing line to end on. Really enjoyed this story! x
The Crownless Queen chapter 4 . 12/7/2017
Omg, that was so sweet! And those letters were so sad (I'm totally not crying, nope, not at all) I love this pairing so much and I loved what you did with it, even if I think your Luna was a bit OOC. But like, so many feels that it didn't matter :p
I loved the idea of Luna keeping a diary, and Ginny having a flashback to her time talking to Tom's diary/horcrux as she reads 'Dear Diary' was perfect
I really liked this story! :)
Nice work! :)
Cheers! ;)
Zivandre chapter 4 . 12/5/2017
This was so sweet! Luna has always been the character that I've related to with bullying, and fo you to use that as a base-it just made this brilliant! I love how you made the diary entries more..Luna-instead of just keeping them proper with no characterization other then someone having a good or bad day. It did surprise me that Ginny and Luna were already together, but it worked out well. [And, I'm so glad Luna has friends! ;D] Great Job!
ipsa dixit chapter 4 . 12/4/2017
aw this was so sweet and pure. i love the pairing, first of all and they worked really well in this fic together. i also cried when ginny was reading her letter. i would've loved if it was longer and there was more detail all around though :)
yellow 14 chapter 5 . 12/1/2017
That was beautiful. A really touching piece, keep writing
Maisie Malfoy chapter 4 . 12/1/2017
(I could be wrong, but I don't know if you need to warn for bullying...?)
Luna is very in-character, as well as Ginny. While I don't ship it personally, you've written it plausibly and that was nice.
Why is Luna going into the Shrieking Shack, though? Of all places?
This was a very sad look at what-dare I say-I feel like probably did happen to Luna before the DA.
Guest chapter 4 . 11/18/2017
love the way you've written this pairing