Reviews for October Leaves
Phantine09 chapter 1 . 1/27
Oh my god... So adorable
I couldn't help smiling when Erik and Christine were acting like children! I guess Christine is helping Erik with what he lost when he was a child
PacyChance chapter 1 . 12/23/2017
Your short stories are certainly my favorite on ff! So far I've read all those you've posted, and I love every one of them. What a pity that I can't access to Twitter or Facebook!But I'm going to search on my kindle. I LOVE EC fluffs! Hope to see more of your magnificent works!
Amelia Mariee chapter 1 . 12/22/2017
Love the fall and this story
Rainbow Pierrot chapter 1 . 11/17/2017
Very beautiful and cute story! Raoul was such a party pooper lmao. The only thing I noticed was that I think Cecile in Leroux is Cecile Jammes if thats what you were going for but here you refer to them as two different people? Just confused me. Erik hopping in leaf piles is an image I will treasure forever.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/14/2017
I forgot how much I love your writing! And this covered a topic I’ve had a lot of trouble with. Growing up is hard, but sometimes I need to remember to be a kid
cassjoty chapter 1 . 11/6/2017
Great story. Love the ending.
Erika H. Daae chapter 1 . 11/4/2017
I'm so glad you're back! And with such a good story! Your portrayal of Erik and Christine's relationship was realistic, heartfelt, and true to their characters, as usual! This is the "sweetestand most welcome) treat I received this entire Halloween season! Well done!
ArtemisBare chapter 1 . 11/2/2017
How sweet. Fun yet melancholic. A perfect fall fic. Also liked your Raoul characterization. We've all had that one person who has made us feel bad it childish for liking something. I felt you really captured the way those people suck the fun out of something and make you second guess yourself. Great work
Mominator124 chapter 1 . 11/2/2017
It's so wonderful to hear from you again! And with such a charming story, too.

What a melancholy description of growing up – the loss of our innocence and childlike belief in the wonders of the world– and yet so true. It's what makes reliving them through the eyes of our children and grandchildren such an enjoyable experience.

I absolutely adore the picture you paint of Erik wading into a pile of leaves and giving a little hop; and Christine's amusement was a delight.

The Ghost hunt on All Hallow's eve was also quite entertaining, though I'm not sure what was more amusing: picturing the ballet rats searching for the Phantom en masse, or Christine trying not to give the whole thing away. Lol!

Found two tiny errors:

". . . the crispness of fall seemed an (elusive) dream . . ."

". . . but an angel wouldn't (have) leapt in leaves with her to make her happy."

I do hope that this story marks your return to PotO storytelling on ffn, but even if it doesn't I'm glad you chose to share it with us.

Barb
AnotherSilentObserver chapter 1 . 11/1/2017
This is unusual and charming. Raoul is quite the fop in this... I cannot quite imagine Erik, however mild, running into leave piles, but the imagery and his philosophising are a nice change to the way the story normally goes.

One small thing: you would never say just "ange" in French. It's always "mon ange".

Yours in respectful pedantry.
lgward0718 chapter 1 . 10/31/2017
Yes! This was a perfect treat for my Halloween. Better than any candy I could receive. This is how I love Erik. So thoughtful, patient and kind with his Christine. Learning to truly LIVE along side of her. Thank you for these wonderful stories where beauty is found within!
cotesgoat chapter 1 . 10/31/2017
Oh, I've missed you and your stories. Here's to hoping you'll add more, soon.
Capenoires chapter 1 . 10/31/2017
Thanks for this wonderful fic, so sweet and uplifting. The descriptions of leaves in the park was beautiful. Nice to see a playful side to Erik. I hope you write a sequel of a better life for E/C.
Erik'sTrueAngel chapter 1 . 10/31/2017
This was so perfect for the season! Screw the Vicomte. You are never too old to jump in leaves, and so happy Erik and Christine had that moment. It was so cute and funny that Erik was playing in the leaves too, but he proved a point to her. Such an adorable story all around!
MirrorFlower and DarkWind chapter 1 . 10/31/2017
Omg this was perfect i was just telling my dad how childish i was for still jumping in leaves and dancing in them and being excited for halloween and this just made me smile. Lets all never completely grow up and enjoy life i jusy loved thos one great job