Reviews for A Man's Got to Know His Limitations
Maybe amazing
WaffleNinja chapter 6 . 10/31/2008
I wish it was longer!
phoenixtearz12 chapter 6 . 6/14/2005
This was such an incredibly awesome fic! I really enjoyed reading it. You wrote it so well, I'm glad I found it.
Lucy Wiggin chapter 1 . 6/3/2005
A. I really love this story.

B. In your review of my story (dictator) you said I have lots of spelling mistakes. I wanted to ask you to be my beta reader. Please...don't make me beg. I would have sent an e-mail, but I can't find it anywhere. In case you want to beta-read me, it's lucywiggin

Yours

Lucy
EveBB chapter 5 . 4/3/2005
Please update soon! This is excellent. I am loving it!
Jennifer chapter 1 . 4/11/2004
All I ask is that you please post more of this story. I want to read about Lois and Clark's road trip and her grilling of Clark for the truths he has kept from her for all those years. Please do't let this fic lie. It is calling out for more to be written, please hear that call.
Pineapple1 chapter 6 . 6/6/2003
I really liked this story, you seem to be rapidly becoming one of my favourite authors. I liked the way that Lex renounced his darkside because he realized what was more important and I thought it was really sad when Superman died. Overall it was a really sweet story and very enjoyable!
Rebel Goddess chapter 6 . 5/28/2003
It worked. It really did. One of my favourite lines was Lex's 'technicalities'. Do you feel like writing more? I feel like reading more. Continue please. Excellent story. I loved the whole Clark / Lex dynamic. You're making me smile again. RG.
DragonKim chapter 6 . 5/21/2003
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Please write more. Not to nag you or anything. But...damn you're good. What happens next? Your stuff is just too good for words.

Peace,

Kim
LastScorpion chapter 5 . 5/5/2003
Darn it! I *did* ask an engineer! I guess I didn't understand his answer. :-) Thanks for the review, and I'll try to be more careful next time.
thediehard01 chapter 5 . 5/5/2003
Really, really enjoying this - when Lex recognized Clark, I expected him to go right over the edge! But if you don't mind a small nit from a NASA engineer (and your reference to Columbia was one of the hardest things I've had to read lately), a 20-G deceleration will squish a human being into so much red paste. The shuttle pulls less than three; the old rockets got up to maybe 5 or 6; and a properly suited fighter pilot in top condition can take up to 8. Maybe you meant that they slowed down from 25,0 miles per hour (low-Earth orbit is about 23,500 mph).

Never ask an engineer to beta!
Diana Troy chapter 6 . 3/28/2003
Last Scorpion -

You're right,... this doesn't really fit in well with the other chapters... and some parts seemed a bit much -i.e. Lex being seen as an Honest Business Man in the span of 3 weeks - but I enjoyed reading it, nonetheless. The line on Lex never realizing how much of Lexcorp was legit was great.

I really like the way you write Lex Luthor - especially his thoughts, actions, and dialogue. Again, the praying at the end was a bit much... but I really like what it represented... LL doing a total 180... and all because of Clark Kent, his best friend. I love it. :)

And the last line was great in evoking lots of dramatic effect. "Don't let that be the last lie he ever tells me." :) btw, thanks for your review! I appreciate it.
LastScorpion chapter 1 . 3/26/2003
Niggle, you're absolutely right about that "Smallville" thing. One of my beta-readers pointed out that I had Lois & Clark calling each other "Lois" and "Clark" way too much, so I took out a bunch of occurrences, but that sure does make the "Smallville"s stand out, and I should have noticed that before I posted. Sorry. As for the other: well, if that doesn't work, then the whole story pretty much doesn't work. There's nothing to be done about it, either, short of a massive re-write, because these aren't the first few chapters of something longer; this is all there is. :-)
Niggle chapter 6 . 3/21/2003
I really like your first few chapters. They are excellent. Nice style, characterization, etc. I especially like the way you incorporate all those aphorisms and quotes. You can use a cliche and make it original. That's a sign of real talent.

Two things stick out in me mind, one big and one kinda insignificant. The little thing is Lois' repitition of the nickname "Smallville". She says it every other line she has, as if she's trying to use it as much as possible so that the reader won't miss it or something. I think if she said only once or twice it would seem like more of a nickname.

The big thing is Lex's turnaround. The realization that Clark is Superman is as close as ye can get to a legit reason for Lex's reform, but even so...it seems awfully quick and pat. I just can't buy it. Of course, if you have a relapse of Evil!Lex planned later on, I may be eating me foot. :P But, that's just one crit I would offer as the only weakness this story seems to have at this point.

Great job so far. I truly enjoyed reading this, not just on a Smallville level but on a writing level. And that's not something I can say about many fanfic stories. Keep it up. :)

Namarie,

Niggle
Doctor Science chapter 6 . 3/19/2003
Great story! Please think about posting it to the Level 3 Archive, .com . I'd really like to see more SV from you like this, showing the limitations of what Supes can do, and the problems he can't solve. And the way he and Lex complement each other's strengths.