Reviews for Miss York's Match
Delbert59 chapter 104 . 4/12/2022
Do you plan to write about Teddy coming of age or the girls all coming out?
Serena530 chapter 104 . 3/14/2022
I very much enjoyed this story along with ‘Giving Consequence’. I haven’t read anything like this series you have created, and I liked that the point of views were people other than Elizabeth and Jane as so many people do.

As I was reading and getting closer to the end, I realized with the plans being made by the characters and the unanswered questions and unseen sights, that there would be another story coming to the series. I was guessing whose point of view it would be in. I tried to think of who would be unexpected or original, and I thought of Maria Lucas.

Then I reached the last chapter and saw your note, and thought it was great that it would be all the girls in the group plus Maria Lucas. I was even happier that there was a title, a very appropriate title, for the story already.

Unfortunately, I was disappointed to find that you hadn’t started posting it yet even with the years that have past. I very much hope that it will be coming in the near future or at least that you are still working on it, and that the series is not something that will remain incomplete.

Wishing you luck with your writing.
ScribeCorvus chapter 104 . 2/14/2022
I really loved the story, and yes, you did have what you mentioned but tbh it capture part of the spirit of Austen's stories.
Loved it.
Delbert59 chapter 104 . 1/19/2022
I have no editing skills so I wouldn’t know where to trim the story. It was long but I enjoyed all the side adventures and personalities. I’ll be looking for Coming Out and I would love to read about the adventures of Viscount Stone! Thank you for writing. I’ve read several of your stories on Kindle Unlimited.
Delbert59 chapter 52 . 1/18/2022
I’m sure this is the least important comment that one could make, but it makes me very happy that Miss York is a knitter and that you use all the correct terms like turn8ng a heel or grafting the toes. I always feel offended when authors mix up knitting and crocheting as though “women’s work” is not important enough to be well researched. Thank you.
Wendy chapter 104 . 8/25/2021
Yes, I agree that this story was long, and an editor would've chopped it down considerably. I did enjoy it all, though, and I appreciate you sharing it. Now I'll have to look for "Coming Out."
Guest chapter 104 . 7/21/2021
What a lovely story. I love reading a new tale...not just a retelling of the same thing. You kept our favorite characters, made them even more lovable, and had awesome new characters and adventures. Wonderful job. Thanks for writing!
angeleyes24245 chapter 104 . 7/22/2021
I just wanted to let you know I really enjoyed your story. It's just nice to have a fluffy happily ever after story every once in a while. Thank you for sharing
vulpes22 chapter 104 . 7/4/2021
Any news on the next story?
Bambu chapter 3 . 6/18/2021
I'm re-reading all your stories even as our long quarantine is ending. Being older and of indifferent health, I have more down time than many, so I've taken to re-reading old friends. So often introductory chapters are a heavy-handed info dump to bring readers up-to-speed with the environment and backstory. While your first couple of chapters were, indeed, backstory, they were engaging backstory and dovetailed neatly into the timeline you had already established in 'Giving Consequence'. I remember this tale fondly, and am thoroughly enjoying an outsider's perspective of the well-known and illustrated Bennets. I just wanted to drop a little note of encouragement for your retrospective review pleasure.
cigdem3000 chapter 60 . 4/28/2021
You wrote : Lydia and Grace had been watching us out the near side windows and had only moved to the center of the benches to make room for Aunt Gardiner and me.

Aunt Gardiner ? ... guess you meant Aunt Bennet

I enjoy reading your story very much. You are a great writer.
cigdem3000 chapter 13 . 4/26/2021
You wrote : Please enjoy the meal," Bennet finished. "We are celebrating the engagement of my three oldest daughters

At this Point in your story there are only two daughters of Thomas Bennet engaged.
IceTopaz chapter 104 . 4/2/2021
I’ve really enjoyed this series you’ve written! I hope you still write the third portion as I really want to see what happens when the girls come out in London!
BillR chapter 89 . 3/12/2021
Value of an estate can be approximated by remembering that a more or less guaranteed return of 4% could be achieved by the equivalent of a government bond. So an easy guesstimate is to take the annual income of an estate and multiply by 25. That is certainly not exact but does get you in the ballpark.
Heidithewolf chapter 104 . 2/28/2021
I Love this story verry mutch. I cant wait to read Coming Out. I will also like to read interims vignettes with short storys between this story and Coming Out, about the girls, the Darcys, the new gouvernesses etc ... It is juste a suggestion.
890 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »