Reviews for Slow Burn
brucefan chapter 6 . 2/23/2008
This story was a great although I do miss Bruce.
J. Todd chapter 6 . 2/16/2005
It seemed a little rushed at the end but I like it. Did you ever explain why the flush messed with history? Guess I'll have to re-read.
Njong chapter 1 . 11/23/2003
Whoah, that is was wacked man. You just totally screwed up the entire DC universe in one chapter.

Congradulations!

Sonofthebat chapter 1 . 8/28/2003
A little bit like "The Nial" all in all great. almost disapointing b/c it really could have been much longer. But very good none the less.
Tim Burns chapter 5 . 7/30/2003
Quite an interesting premise. I liked the idea behind it, but I didn't really like the ending. Through the 2nd-4th chapters, I was hoping it would have more of what carnage ensued because of the heroes that never were. Then, in the last chapter when other heroes did come in, it seemed contrived. Still, the writing itself was good, and the story was interesting and funny at appropriate times, even though I didn't like the way it turned out.
Tim Burns chapter 1 . 7/27/2003
Hey, I like this a lot. Good start; as much as I'd like to make a "well rounded critique," I can't find anything especially wrong with this.
Evil Lil' Katbird chapter 6 . 3/31/2003
Wow - there certainly was a lot of work put into this. And for good cause. This is an amazing story. Though the Flashes becomming almost a police-force to the world... Very interesting base for an AU.
markmark261 chapter 6 . 3/21/2003
I liked this. Nice job. Tons of cool references (I especially liked Snapper), most of which I seem to have got (by the way, Elongated Man gets his powers from "gingold", not "gingo"). I really appreciated the appendix at the end, just so I could see what I'd missed.

I completely failed to guess the bad guys (the suicidal heroes made me think of Psycho Pirate, and I originally thought the orange beams were going to be zeta-rays, d'oh!), but your main bad guy (I hope you appreciate how much effort I'm going to here to not give away any of your story's surprises in my review) always struck me as above this sort of stuff. Whilst you say in your appendix that the second epilogue was a bit of a downer, I really enjoyed it (and think of what a downer the story would have been without that epilogue).
Terhwa chapter 6 . 3/21/2003
Wow! I enjoyed this a lot!

A refreshing elseworlds tale where without the usual Bruce/Batman variant taking centre stage.

This allows for better exploration of other characters often neglected in an Elseworlds situation.

I hope you do a sequel mainly to see Barry and Jay either escape or get rescued!

All in all a brilliantly constructed well thought out alter universe.
Rick Peterson chapter 6 . 3/19/2003
Excellent story, well thought out and plotted. I love the way the Flashes' 'help' caused so many people to never become heroes! I also like the way you explain things at the end. Altho I figured out (almost) all of it myself, except for the sly foreshadowing, not everyone is a fanatical comics reader. This way, no one is left scratching their head in annoyed incomprehension. I also appreciate the fact that there are very few spelling and grammar errors. I know that takes a lot of work, but (for me at least) it makes the reading experience far more pleasurable. All in all, a first rate effort. Thank you! So when's the sequel coming out?