Reviews for Reboot to the head
Spica75 chapter 6 . 9/4
Hope this continues sometime. I have never watched Kim Possible, and i sure found it interesting and amusing anyway.

Also, seriously? You can't figure out where "grandma sucking eggs" comes from?
It's extremely simple and logical.

Old age often results in bad teeth or loss of teeth, and drastically more so if you go back in time a few centuries or more.
So, what's the easiest way of getting highly nutritious food that requires no chewing?
Eggs, NOT hardboiled. Which you can pop open in such a way that you can relatively easily suck everything out from within the mostly intact shell.

It supposedly requires a bit of skill, and with females having a tendency to live a decade or half longer than males, who is it most commonly that's going to end up with that skill?

So, the saying is basically that you shouldn't try to teach those more experienced what they already know.
Lord Mortensen chapter 6 . 9/1
cool! please update soon!
tanithlipsky chapter 6 . 7/12
cool
Have a Little Feith chapter 6 . 7/9
Well, I'm pretty sure it comes from Native culture, seeing as how they never had a way to cook eggs. I think they may have poked a hole in the eggshell and sucked out the inside, like those people in the country that speaks portuguese, can't recall if it's Portugal or Brazil, but it has a lot of cliffs where they get eggs from nesting seagulls, and the saying was basically imported from there.
Wrin chapter 6 . 7/5
*snrk* This was fun. I have no idea where the phrase came from either, and I'm kind of afraid to Google it. I'm not usually into Kimpossible stuff because I never saw the show, but the rest of the setting and the exposition makes this a nice comfortable read despite that.

Thanks for writing and posting, and thanks to Abyssal Angel for typing!
Is Abed you?
Difdi chapter 6 . 3/20
Re: the typist note - back before good hygiene, it was rare for old people to have any teeth left, so they had to eat soft or liquid foods. Or starve to death.

Food doesn't get much softer or more nutritious than eggs, but how would you eat one without utensils? You'd poke a hole in the shell and suck the contents out. There's a bit of skill involved, to keep from spilling the egg and because you need an opposed hole so the contents flow easily. Both of which are things any grandmother of the time would never need to be taught by a young person.
DragoonMaster11 chapter 6 . 3/19
AFAIK It refers to the practice of poking a hole in an egg and emptying it out so it could become a decoration or gift.
Harold Lloyd chapter 6 . 3/18
Long time ago, eggs (raw ones) were an easy food for someone who's lost all their teeth (like dear grand-mama). So sucking eggs was something she knew how to do from extensive experience. Basically, the phrase "don't teach your grandma to suck eggs" is like someone saying "Stop trying to teach Einstein how to do arithmetic.".

Secondly, SHELIA? You *sure* that's what you intend her name to be? Also, what colour's her husband's skin?

Other than that, fun story so far. Can't wait to see how well Rufus does on his round-the-world trip.
flubber chapter 6 . 3/18
Abyssal Angel, the sucking eggs thing basically boils down to don't try to teach your grandmother something she's been doing since long before you were born.
Pyro-Neko-Isis chapter 6 . 3/17
I squealed when I saw you had updated ️ I love reading your stories
Harbinger Of Kaos chapter 6 . 3/15
After getting this far I think I will pass on this story, not a fan of Gwen and much less seeing her and Ron hook up.
The Richmaster chapter 6 . 3/15
Yeah that phrase never made much sense to me either...

good follow-up chapter, the friendly interaction were good and I liked Shego here
The Richmaster chapter 5 . 3/15
I'm not sure who Abed is meant to be but I like his personality and the way he describes things
The Richmaster chapter 3 . 3/15
the discussion on social issues was handled in a sensible manner and I liked how it was explained