Reviews for Reboot to the head
Unknown9501 chapter 6 . 2/18
I would really like to read more of this if you have any inspiration to continue
EZekiel2106 chapter 1 . 1/27
Sucking eggs was a common thing to do. Search for Pysanky. Eastern european Easter egg decorating tradition. You empty the eggs before decorating. Very cororful. Also done before making carved eggshells. Both can result in very beautiful art.
RexCaldoran chapter 6 . 11/26/2023
ok please tell me that the mentioned Sheldon is not from Texas and should have been living in Pesadena.
and it pains me that it took me until the end to recognise why the college and Annie and Abed sounded so familiar.
WolfbrotherTitan chapter 6 . 10/28/2023
Out of curiosity I looked up the origin of the phrase in question, all I found was the meaning behind its that everyone knows, that a direct translation of it is found in a book written in 1707, and that a loose translation can be found in a book from 1542, and it's only 'loose' in the sense that the English language has changed significantly in what is almost half a millennium. Basically it's super old, and who knows, maybe people really did suck on eggs once? Or, and because that idea makes me shudder a little I'll say this is more likely, the phrase managed to keep its meaning despite the words once being totally different. One more thing (as a certain animated Uncle was once known for saying), I enjoy the imagery of Gwen in the outfit even if she is actually jail bait at 16 to Ron's probable 18, but for the sake of things I'll just hope they're in a state with flexible laws, especially since I don't see this version of Gwen letting Ron go or waiting two years.
Akelly9065 chapter 6 . 8/10/2023
Lol. Just reread this for the umpteenth time. Still good. Can't believe it's been 5 years since it was last updated.
553Colinm chapter 6 . 6/1/2023
you've probably already been told but way back when before subsidized school kitchen it was a playground skill steal a birds egg and suck the yolk out of it (don't ask me how) the phrase is about how everyone knew how to do it and yet excited kids would try teaching their parents/grandparents after learning you know like everyone already knows how to do that why are you explaining it
Guest chapter 6 . 4/25/2023
Next chapter
Wicked.A chapter 6 . 2/13/2023
Nice story so far
apocolypse101 chapter 6 . 9/7/2022
I really enjoy your stories and hope that this one eventually gets updated!
Suck Eggs chapter 6 . 11/13/2021
Actually, I know the origins to the suck eggs saying:
Climb a tree, steal an egg from a bird nest, and you can crack the shell and suck out the insides. It's essentially a rural life skill, like picking berries off of bushes and such. Foraging, you know?
And with food insecurity being rare, the skill of sucking eggs like that isn't really necessary as such, because you can get plenty of food without relying on it, so instead of being a vital skill passed from parent to child, it becomes a playground skill, passed from children to other children-like jumprope songs, the rules for hopscotch, "ring around the rosie", and other things like that.
So "teach your grandmother to suck eggs" is sort of a reference to that-even though your parents aren't the ones who taught you that skill, they probably do know the skills, and your grandmother certainly does.
So it's like trying to teach an adult how to play hopscotch-they already know how, almost certainly, even though it _feels_ like a skill that only children know. And it's something a child might be excited to teach their parents or grandparents, if that child's inclinations are to share knowledge that way
Guest chapter 6 . 10/21/2021
Certainly an interesting set of worlds crossing over here, although it's not entirely clear how much of what happened in the KP world with Kim and Ron happened in this JL world too.

Based on Kim's initial reaction to the Zorpox stuff, it seems that she doesn't have the memory of the KP world like Ron does.

I'd love to see more of this story, the involvement of an alternate Gwen Tennyson makes it even harder to guess where things could go from here.
pyroguardian-of-thewhiteflame chapter 6 . 10/19/2021
This is easily one of if not THE most confusing things I've ever read... and I love it.
Ganbatte chapter 6 . 6/12/2021
I really want this to be updated, like even if we just got the museum heist part it would be fine.
badlander47 chapter 6 . 5/25/2021
Great story!
Eeyore3061 chapter 2 . 5/22/2021
Wait, Batman missed that Ron was "Numbers Man" as a side gig (and #25 on GJ's Most Wanted List) that steered a number of Villains and groups into legal, and more profitable, actions that also removed a few of the more evil villains on GJ's list?
Or did he find that out and note that he was living well within interest/dividends of his investments (remember, he was going to buyout Gwen's contract before the treasure appeared, and there was no time to turn his share into cash) and still had $50K in ready liquid (petty) cash.
Oh, love it and want MORE!