Reviews for Reboot to the head
Renee.Sarah chapter 6 . 6/7
For the sucking of eggs, some people had a taste for it. Some animals also do this. To suck an egg is where you poke a hole in the shell and drink the inside.
St. Fyrecat chapter 6 . 6/7
Fun story so far!
As I understand it, the phrase is "Don't try to teach your grandmother how to suck eggs."
Eggs are very nutritious and sucking down the contents of a raw egg or 3 is a quick, easy meal. The expression expresses the admonition not to try someone older and more experienced how to do a relatively simple task that they have likely been doing since before you were born.
pax-draconix chapter 6 . 1/20
I'm betting there's a mistranslation somewhere. Suck sounds close to shuck whick could mean teaching your grandmother how to deshell an egg.
Shadowpawzzz chapter 6 . 11/10/2018
this was a fun story hoping for more!
Jondarme chapter 6 . 11/6/2018
Rather enjoyed the entire story. Sucking eggs out of their shell takes a fair bit of skill, and comes from when people lived on the farm.
Spica75 chapter 6 . 9/4/2018
Hope this continues sometime. I have never watched Kim Possible, and i sure found it interesting and amusing anyway.

Also, seriously? You can't figure out where "grandma sucking eggs" comes from?
It's extremely simple and logical.

Old age often results in bad teeth or loss of teeth, and drastically more so if you go back in time a few centuries or more.
So, what's the easiest way of getting highly nutritious food that requires no chewing?
Eggs, NOT hardboiled. Which you can pop open in such a way that you can relatively easily suck everything out from within the mostly intact shell.

It supposedly requires a bit of skill, and with females having a tendency to live a decade or half longer than males, who is it most commonly that's going to end up with that skill?

So, the saying is basically that you shouldn't try to teach those more experienced what they already know.
Lord Mortensen chapter 6 . 9/1/2018
cool! please update soon!
creativesm75 chapter 6 . 7/12/2018
cool
Have a Little Feith chapter 6 . 7/9/2018
Well, I'm pretty sure it comes from Native culture, seeing as how they never had a way to cook eggs. I think they may have poked a hole in the eggshell and sucked out the inside, like those people in the country that speaks portuguese, can't recall if it's Portugal or Brazil, but it has a lot of cliffs where they get eggs from nesting seagulls, and the saying was basically imported from there.
Wrin chapter 6 . 7/5/2018
*snrk* This was fun. I have no idea where the phrase came from either, and I'm kind of afraid to Google it. I'm not usually into Kimpossible stuff because I never saw the show, but the rest of the setting and the exposition makes this a nice comfortable read despite that.

Thanks for writing and posting, and thanks to Abyssal Angel for typing!
Guest chapter 5 . 4/18/2018
Is Abed you?
Difdi chapter 6 . 3/20/2018
Re: the typist note - back before good hygiene, it was rare for old people to have any teeth left, so they had to eat soft or liquid foods. Or starve to death.

Food doesn't get much softer or more nutritious than eggs, but how would you eat one without utensils? You'd poke a hole in the shell and suck the contents out. There's a bit of skill involved, to keep from spilling the egg and because you need an opposed hole so the contents flow easily. Both of which are things any grandmother of the time would never need to be taught by a young person.
DragoonMaster11 chapter 6 . 3/19/2018
AFAIK It refers to the practice of poking a hole in an egg and emptying it out so it could become a decoration or gift.
Harold Lloyd chapter 6 . 3/18/2018
Long time ago, eggs (raw ones) were an easy food for someone who's lost all their teeth (like dear grand-mama). So sucking eggs was something she knew how to do from extensive experience. Basically, the phrase "don't teach your grandma to suck eggs" is like someone saying "Stop trying to teach Einstein how to do arithmetic.".

Secondly, SHELIA? You *sure* that's what you intend her name to be? Also, what colour's her husband's skin?

Other than that, fun story so far. Can't wait to see how well Rufus does on his round-the-world trip.
flubber chapter 6 . 3/18/2018
Abyssal Angel, the sucking eggs thing basically boils down to don't try to teach your grandmother something she's been doing since long before you were born.