Reviews for Reboot to the head
Is Abed you?
Difdi chapter 6 . 3/20
Re: the typist note - back before good hygiene, it was rare for old people to have any teeth left, so they had to eat soft or liquid foods. Or starve to death.

Food doesn't get much softer or more nutritious than eggs, but how would you eat one without utensils? You'd poke a hole in the shell and suck the contents out. There's a bit of skill involved, to keep from spilling the egg and because you need an opposed hole so the contents flow easily. Both of which are things any grandmother of the time would never need to be taught by a young person.
DragoonMaster11 chapter 6 . 3/19
AFAIK It refers to the practice of poking a hole in an egg and emptying it out so it could become a decoration or gift.
Harold Lloyd chapter 6 . 3/18
Long time ago, eggs (raw ones) were an easy food for someone who's lost all their teeth (like dear grand-mama). So sucking eggs was something she knew how to do from extensive experience. Basically, the phrase "don't teach your grandma to suck eggs" is like someone saying "Stop trying to teach Einstein how to do arithmetic.".

Secondly, SHELIA? You *sure* that's what you intend her name to be? Also, what colour's her husband's skin?

Other than that, fun story so far. Can't wait to see how well Rufus does on his round-the-world trip.
flubber chapter 6 . 3/18
Abyssal Angel, the sucking eggs thing basically boils down to don't try to teach your grandmother something she's been doing since long before you were born.
Pyro-Neko-Isis chapter 6 . 3/17
I squealed when I saw you had updated ️ I love reading your stories
Harbinger Of Kaos chapter 6 . 3/15
After getting this far I think I will pass on this story, not a fan of Gwen and much less seeing her and Ron hook up.
The Richmaster chapter 6 . 3/15
Yeah that phrase never made much sense to me either...

good follow-up chapter, the friendly interaction were good and I liked Shego here
The Richmaster chapter 5 . 3/15
I'm not sure who Abed is meant to be but I like his personality and the way he describes things
The Richmaster chapter 3 . 3/15
the discussion on social issues was handled in a sensible manner and I liked how it was explained
The Richmaster chapter 2 . 3/15
the interactions seems to be as fun as before
The Richmaster chapter 1 . 3/15
It feels like there might be a few changes from the original here but the general story seems to be the same
Kuwasu chapter 6 . 3/14
I think that its a derivative from another insult about telling someone to "go suck on an egg."
The origin of that is from the 19th century it was thought that dogs sucked on eggs to eat them. Hunting dogs with "soft mouths" were supposedly able to pick them up and bring them to their masters. Bad dogs would eat them instead. The insult compares a person with a bastard or bitch dog that was worse than useless, an active burden.
"Teach your grandma to suck eggs" has roots in an old custom of the elderly being widely considered useless burdens which is why the two evolved together into its current form.
The more you know
I think that you meant for Dr. Fate to say "thank you" to Ron and not "think you."
That's the only typo I found.

Great chapter so far. I like what you're doing with Gwen and Catwoman.
Sir Cookie chapter 6 . 3/13
nice, loving this. loving the concept and exacution. i was hoping that the jumanji thing wouldnt take up too much plot time and am glad that it was handled fairly quickly