Reviews for Assimilation
joabear chapter 57 . 3/5
I'm only over half way of what we have of the fic so far, so maybe it has already happened but I swear from as early as the first few chapters Machina has been giving off some serious villain potential vibes. Starting with him not really feeling the full impact of murdering others, the Bialya incident, and now. Don't forget the biggest villain flag being when Abra, the literal guy from the future attempted to run in fear after realising who he was, almost slipping up and called him "D-" instead of anything else, while also hinting at the Reach. Speaking of what Abra almost accidentally calling Jacob a different name, I think the safest bet for the moniker he might pick up if he goes full villain is Dominion. Named after the god that gives Calculator his powers. That or if he does go full villain he uses the name Doom from when he was doing the whole Doctor Doom gag during Donna's test.

I could speculate more, or I could actually read the 43 more chapters that might confirm what I'm saying. So I'm going to do that instead.
joabear chapter 44 . 3/4
So did Jacob thaw that guys arm, or did he forget? Did that guy just die, or lose his arm?
joabear chapter 20 . 2/29
I really like the way you wrote Roquette here. Scientists are problem solvers, and dreamers it's their job to understand things to improve things. So of course Roquette would think: "I am useless without superheroes, therefore I must find a solution to no longer be useless without superheroes". It makes sense when going into the mindset of a scientist, and is also a good example of the 'doing something because you can, instead of doing something because you should' trope. Good chapter.
joabear chapter 14 . 2/28
I loved the Ash Williams reference.
joabear chapter 11 . 2/28
The "I'm not being paid nearly enough for this shit" from Sportsmaster was really funny. It is the exact reaction I would have in that situation.
Death Fury chapter 100 . 2/23
Excellent chapter
New chapters?
Isaac Young-Star chapter 100 . 2/6
Next chapter please
Efail1 chapter 27 . 1/18
Wait so the league knew about his past and have likely found his alternates family being there and rather than turn this into a team thing or warning him or anything they just dump him into the thick of it and yet again come off as incompetent?
Efail1 chapter 15 . 1/17
I understand that this is meant to be a form of character development or drama but the development progression kind of sucks. It feels like rather than an adult your main character is an angsty teenager with 0 communication skills shoved into this universe where the league are all incompetent at communication (which tracks with the source material). Like I understand that this is an overwhelming situation but he kind of comes off as that shiro 'people die when they're killed' level of dumb at times that comes off as childish. I guess it's that level of naivete that takes things at face value without really considering any deeper meanings that makes him come off as more childish. Like this meeting about his training, he is upset is then given a half-hearted apology then immediately caves. His ideas of being a hero also feel kind of shiro like which is kind of a blatant example of a childish tantrum in anime.
the raging chicken chapter 6 . 1/9
absorb amazowin
reaperking2003 chapter 4 . 12/17/2023
Oh no, the SI is a retard
Guest chapter 64 . 12/10/2023
At this point just give the magic abillities and technology to every random citizen he meets.
ThatOneGuyUpstairs chapter 71 . 12/1/2023
Ah, he’s found the Deep Ones. This will end well for all involved.
Alkorian chapter 66 . 11/23/2023
the fact that you made a normal human into this broken and overpowered calculator is beyond annoying
1,926 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »