Reviews for Up Yours Dumbles
Why did they have to stay with the Potters? It's a bit of snow, none of them were travelling via muggle-means even slightly, there is zero reason for them not to have been either let through the outgoing anti-portkey ward or led let the wardline and sent off.
ShadowBall15 chapter 5 . 5/5
As someone who lives near and has visited Mobile and the battleship (including staying the night on it), I very much enjoyed your inclusion of the USS Alabama, the Drum, and other Americana. I'm mildly amused to think that the chosen route went within an hour of where I currently am. Cheers!
Asjad Siddiqui chapter 9 . 5/3
You can tell this was written by an American, most probably a Trump supporter.
geenakmom chapter 10 . 4/28
This story was great!
Monkey King Omega chapter 7 . 4/28
i love harry response about the gun
Kai chapter 5 . 4/14
Ew, bear? I hope Harry has the carcass inspected for trichina... Eating predators is disgusting.
Ew, a wolverine? Why would he hunt wolverine? That's even disgustinger than bear.
A pig? In Mississippi? Why doesn't he just buy a truckload of pork and beef then? He's English, so perhaps a dozen lambs or so. He can easily afford it. It's not as tough as an old bull moose, which you need really good teeth for. And if he can just pop a couple thousand kilometres no supermarket is beyond his reach. AND: he doesn't have that ingrained need to own an armoury fit for an infantry division (including anti-air, anti-tank, and a couple nukes to top it off) like those gun-crazed natives, and use it to kill half a forest of animals for the lulz.

Playing self-sufficient is one thing, but if you're rich? AND you can apparate? That's just barmy.
Kai chapter 2 . 4/14
Number 56, Hawthorn Row, Lancashire? Are you absolutely sure that there is only one Hawthorn Row in all of Lancashire which has dozens of settlements over 5000 population? And that an address doesn't need the name of a settlement at all? Come on, what kind of address is that? 12, High Street, Texas? And what's the address of those manors in Kent (which is a traditional county) and Norwich (which is a city in Norfolk county) then?

Why do you have a winery in Malaga, Spain and one in Monte Carlo, Monaco (and that although Monaco doesn't have agriculture as such at all, just gardens on roofs), but a villa in Italy? Why a townhouse in Kennington, London, but an apartment complex in South London?

Every reader knows where 4, Privet Drive is. Does that make it acceptable to leave out the rest of that address in-universe?

Are goblins incapable of giving complete addresses? Alright, you needed Harry to be rich and with lots of alternatives to the Dursleys'. Doesn't excuse that haphazard collection of incomplete addresses with different information missing, though.

And why are the real estate addresses, sad as they are, intermixed with the business ownership percentages? Shouldn't they be separated into two columns? And the businesses with 100% ownership like the fishery marked as such? What kind of shoddy organisation of customer data is that?

Btw, Greengrass says that no one can return from the dead. Just like Fudge loudly pronounced. Are they all fucking stupid idiots? Is that indicative of the sad state of Dumbledorean education? Even muggles have heard of necromancy, even though its fictitious for them. (Real life example: I hate necromancers in Skyrim. It's fiction, but well defined in-universe.) Okay, Fudge's idiocy may be the result of a generous campaign contribution from Malfoy who will want that information suppressed for his master and it's canon. But Greengrass, too?
Ltbutterfly287 chapter 2 . 4/11
Ok you even did that abilities test bullshit and literally gave him a max out character that has had all their stats and abilities blocked because dumbledore can just do that, as if ones talent for certain fields of magic is some thing in your body that can be repressed.
Ltbutterfly287 chapter 1 . 4/11
One things I’ve always despised in fanfiction is the trope that the goblins can do literally anything. To remove a horcrux requires a level of knowledge in soul related magic that doesn’t exist. Also if goblins can casually do things that wizards can’t then it makes zero sense for goblins to have lost dozens of rebellions and wars against wizards.
bobel1990 chapter 8 . 4/8
cant Believe you make him this Nice to Dumbles instead of tell him to fuck into the Storm
Tom chapter 10 . 3/29
I am completely puzzled as to how do many people could have favorited this trash
Tom chapter 9 . 3/29
It's horcruxes and imperiused. Shit, there is literally a ton of Harry Potter websites that a few minutes would have told you the correct spelling. Congratulations you killed your own story. Dumbass
Voldemort sat on his thrown. What in hell is our educational system doing to our kids. They should stop worrying about the woke shit and return to teaching them how to spell.
Why in hell didn't Harry toss Dumbledore, Molly, Ron, Hermione and Ginny out on their asses. They portkeyed into a storm they could get their asses out of it.
It's Privet DRIVE, not Private drive.
Also I'm not anti hunting, if it wasn't for uncles who hunted during my childhood there would not have been meat on our table. I am against trophy hunting or hunting if you don't need to. And as rich as Harry Potter is he doesn't need to hunt to provide meat. That bear died for no reason.