Reviews for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Canon Breakage
TheG0AT chapter 1 . 11/6/2017
It's time.

First eight thousand words down, and I'm actually pretty impressed. I've mentioned before that your angle of approach is very different, one that most people might only give a moment's consideration when playing through EoS's various plot twists. Even the Team Skull fight had an otherworldly approach, and I think what all of this does really well (something important to note here) is set the tone for the rest of the story. Chapter 1 is the first thing people will read, naturally, and from it they can determine what to expect: in your case, expect the unexpected. That's the strong point of the story, ironically what I had told you might become a weak point - the theme.

The characters are likable too.
cynsh chapter 1 . 11/6/2017
Hahaha, the opening of this is fantastic, I can't lie.

A couple of spelling things - you spelt rattata wrong at the start and when Aria says "lets do it", it should be "let's".

Not sure I understand the thing at the end with Team Skull's names? Is there some kind of reference in Skuntank being called Sonic? Anyway, it doesn't really matter. Glad you finally published this.
Will1231 chapter 1 . 11/5/2017
Well, this was certainly entertaining in a very unexpected way. From what little you gave about Mike's meta knowledge of the game, I was expecting something similar to Undertale, where the hero had experienced everything, and then it was all reset. I wasn't expecting Mike to be literally imported directly into the game. I'll be honest in saying I'm scratching my head at that concept, but there is certainly a lot of uniqueness in the idea. And it'll definitely be entertaining to see when the little web of lies Mike creates come back to bite him on the ass.

And when you said that the canon was not going to be a thing (or however you worded it), you weren't kidding. I was certainly caught off guard the instant Bob- I mean, Skuntank showed his ugly mug and pinned our actual hero, Aria (:P). But I was also a bit let down when he and his lackeys were dealt with so easily. Granted, I suppose when you're not expecting a meta lizard with a dozen literal quarter-sized explosives in hand, you may not have much time to react. And I'm sure things won't always work out in so easily in their favor as time goes on.

Anyway, your story certainly has piqued my interest, and I'm glad that I can see this one develop from the start. Also, this is slightly unrelated, but having gotten to know Mike and Aria a little bit, I am really looking forward to seeing how they get along with certain other protagonists. *wink wink*
Umbruhon chapter 1 . 11/5/2017
Hey there, Turkey. Zmac here. I saw that you posted this wonderful story and decided to come check it out!
To be 100% honest, I wasn't expecting this. I love how twisted the canon is and how Mike sort of has a vague idea of what's going to happen, but all expectations are turned on their head. The blast seed gag was hilarious; here's to hoping it continues! I think the explanation of the whole name thing is very good and I love the Team Skull names!
I can't wait until you post the next chapter! Keep up the good work.
79 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6