Reviews for Our Founding Fathers
Alisha chapter 18 . 8/3
Love This
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 21 . 2/28/2012
This is pretty much as I imagined the Marauder's first year, except that Lily probably didn't socialize based on haircolor. She probably had three or four first-year roommates.

Could use a bit of editing, but makes my favorites list anyway.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 20 . 2/28/2012
I was bothered more by the fact that Malvitz was singing at all rather than what he was singing, but that's only because he seems otherwise to be pretty professional (for a Hogwarts DADA prof). Yeah, you probably do need to leave a comment on a deliberate anachronism like that.

I would have James figure out the animagi solution when he's working on the paper or when he gets it back in Transfiguration class, rather than as a distraction in an unrelated class, but that's just me wanting to give my hero decent study habits. James and Sirius are able to get good grades rather effortlessly, so that means they have to pick up information mostly during lecture and practical classwork. Depending on how repetitive the lecturer is, that may still give them plenty of time to goof off.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 8 . 2/28/2012
I guess I must have a bit of a Slytherin streak, despite my penname, because I like to win too much to root for the Chudley Cannons who haven't won a game since 1892, nor would I continue to play chess if I constantly lost every game (like James, ... and Harry).

I'm glad the Marauders didn't catch Snape doing what I thought you were hinting he would be doing. (I should have known from the "K" rating. I guess I need to get my mind out of the gutter.) Snape in a towel badly singing "Help!" was at least as embarrassing, just not as lewd.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 7 . 2/28/2012
Poor Travis Travers. I hope he tells a prefect and they change the password. Snape has earned a harsh prank, but Travers did nothing except look small and easily intimidated.

I hate to have to guess what you mean. When you mean "their", it's really not OK to substitute "there", same with "they're", "due" is not the same as "do" at all, same with "to" and "too", "affect" and "effect" are easily confused but are two different words and are not interchangeable. There should be no confusion at all when to "wonder" and when to "wander", the one with the "o" uses the mind (and maybe an open mouth) and the one with the "a" uses the feet, (see the little foot on the "a"?)

Your spelling isn't too bad, I've seen worse, it just cuts down on the enjoyment of reading when your eye snags on something that's not right and you have to go back and reread until you get the right correction.
SeventhTatar chapter 21 . 6/1/2007
I love this story! ive read it a few times now and I put it on my favorites list! yay for you.
Janet Lily chapter 20 . 5/6/2005
I totally hate Peter's coward behavoir! He's such a person who deserved no friends at all! True enough, when he realised Remus was a werewolf, he acted MORE than anti-werewolf people would, like Sirius and JAmes. HE's so stubborn, and he's so unwilling to see everything in a bigger picture. Now everything was solved, why Remus was taken as the betrayer: because Peter told Sirius about it. And that had made Sirius believed in Peter, rather than Remus, who is still known as a dark creature in everyone's heart. So, naturally, Sirius would tell James about his thoughts. URGH! I HATE PETER IN THIS STORY! I'd rather not have him here. Remus, Sirius and James are NOT his friends but more of a kind of people to use for company and help. He care NOTHING about them. Now I realise, with this concept, everything fits. How come Remus and Sirius could have the mindset to kill Peter so easily? Because they know he. is. not. their. true. friend.
Janet Lily chapter 19 . 5/4/2005
I know how Peter feel, being grown up in an environment of sort of "anti-werewolf" like. Yes. Peter would very naturally avoid Remus, like all the other wizarding world is doing (perhaps not Sirius and James) And I fully understood how come Peter behaved in a certain way in the story. Because of having friends for company, he don't want to be kicked out of the group, as he would be if he doesn't support them. The last paragraph sort of tells us how Peter can still betray Sirius and James although they're his friends. Peter is always underestimated in the majority of the marauder fics. Some of the writers had left him out on purpose. And the others treat as if he was just a person for "entertainment" and silly mistakes. But you didn't. And I'm grateful for that.

Just a couple of mistakes. The sentences are really getting TOO LONG. Yes. Sometimes too long that I lost the subject of the sentence as two are being mentioned. Some punctions are missing in the sentences like commas ','. Well. Other than that, your fic is great and you're a true writer.
Janet Lily chapter 18 . 5/4/2005
OH MY GOD. I've never ever came across any fanfiction which write on the Marauders about Remus' wounds that had such serious injuries. Of course there's the blood and everything but never are the injuries as serious as this one. Never. There's never a part a serious that you can see his bones. Urgh. Really grotesque. But the descriptions are really vivid. I wonder how Sirius survive to witness it. They've all the evidence they need anyway.
Janet Lily chapter 12 . 5/2/2005
I forgot to mention that I love your way of creativity. For every chapter, there was a quote related to the Marauders, and I'm really glad you took time just for that. Peter was certainly thoughtful by sewing a dog's print on Sirius' bag, and witty (also thoughtful) by giving James the book. James is getting suspicious of Remus' condition, isn't he? Reading your stories is certainly a fun way to relax and enjoy.
Janet Lily chapter 9 . 5/1/2005
I don't believe Sirius did such a thing towards his own house's Quidditch team captain! It's horrible. Of course, James was a talented Quidditch player and it's their own loss for not having him on the team. But I kinda sense or feel that neither JAmes nor Sirius know that the first years are not allowed to be Quidditch members. Or else, Sirius wouldn't be so bold. But at the same time, no one can deny that Sirius is reckless and is a rebeller. It was stated somewhere in the books that Snape knew more spells than the seventh years when he entered Hogwarts. But it was unrealistic, (although JAmes and Sirius turned out to be top students in the end) for Peter to know how to cast a stunning spell when it's a fifth year standard.
Janet Lily chapter 6 . 5/1/2005
I could totally understand Sirius' behavoir. Well, seems like they all are getting suspicious of Remus with one side saying going to see relatives and another side saying going for detention. It just doesn't make sense... oh right. I like your story (maybe it's because of the emphasis on Remus more than the others. Hehe.)
Nicole chapter 21 . 2/22/2005
awesome story, really like the remus hug...seems right that james only did it when everyone else was gone...stupid sirious' parents, i wish he ran away sooner than sixth year...well, onto the sequil!
Nicole chapter 20 . 2/22/2005
hey, im lukyduky14 from mugglenet, and im too impatient to wait until you post the rest there...i thought the chapter was good, though a bit tedious torward the middle...then again, maybe im just tired...woah, this animagi thing is gonna take a LONG time - didn't sirious say that they finally managed it in their fifth year? thats a long way away...well, onto the next cahpter! :-)
Xandria Nirvana chapter 3 . 1/25/2005
Not sure way I'm reviewing this chapter, but it was a good chapter and very origanel, its hard to find. Smiles.