Reviews for Mr Wickham Mends His Ways
Eb chapter 10 . 10/10/2019
Very interesting. I find the reformed Wickham to be quite a good match for Mary. I really liked it!
Red Writer chapter 10 . 9/27/2019
This story had slipped under my radar for some reason and i am always looking out for Mary stories as she is my most favourite character... I love how you have taken the Bennet girls on a different journey and hope you find the story's voice again and it continues.
AnneDouglas chapter 10 . 7/10/2019
Please continue this story! I love it so much, and I want to see Wickham and Mary marry.
Half ok chapter 10 . 4/29/2019
I've been looking for more fics with a Mary/Wickham pairing and came across this. It's such an interesting take to have him regret his actions and resolved to try changing his ways. Also the way you've blended the changes with the original is seamless.
It looks like Mary is about to be Anne Eliot-ed about Wickham, though I don't think they'll end up seperated for like 10 years at least lol. It'll be interesting to hear his side of the Georgiana mess that happened. I'm a little worried since Lizzie will be leaving to visit Charlotte next and Darcy spills the beans to her and what affect it'll have on Mary and Wickham, that should be interesting to see how that goes down.
I do hope we see more of Mary's pov though when she's in London. I'm looking forward to see how this goes.
Brokenwings35 chapter 10 . 4/19/2019
This chapter is perfect!
Brokenwings35 chapter 9 . 4/18/2019
I'm loving your story!
Guest chapter 10 . 4/13/2019
I really like to see such an original take on Mr. Wickham and how that influences everything. Maybe, somewhere down the line, Mr. D will extend his financial help so that he and Mary can marry sooner :)
I am sure that if he sees the truth (and after some time that might be needed to forgive him) he will be overjoyed to see his childhood friend so changed for the better. For apart from everything else, it must have saddend Darcy to see Mr. W. behave so poorly.

It is such a fantastic idea to match him with Mary. Those two can counterbalance each others weaknesses. She supports his desire to be more reasonable and grounded, as well as financially responsible, and he helps her get out of her shell, and includes her socially. Obviously, this only works if both are willing, like they are here :) Truly, it is so beautiful.

The pairing with Lydia is the complete opposite: those two just encourage each other in exactly the wrong way. So fitting for an unreformed Mr. W.

So happy to read this :) Thanks for sharing!
Guest chapter 9 . 4/13/2019
Oh, Mary and Wickham! That could work very well indeed. They could balance each other out nicely, I think. I would love to see that work.
Guest chapter 10 . 4/13/2019
I really like to see this alternative series of events. It is so good. I hope it works out for Mary :)
Guest chapter 10 . 4/11/2019
I think Mrs Gardiner needs to talk to Mary plainly, it is not about fripperies and trinkets, it is about doing her own washing and cooking, and possibly not having anything to cook at all. And would she imagine living in the militia camp? Mary, for all her pretensions at being rational, is utterly impractical, and I could not imagine a worse candidate for a militia wife who has to make do with little money. She thinks about pianos when she would better learn to manage a household on very little money. Maybe Mrs G can help her there, give her a realistic budget and let her practice to plan food etc on it. And some practical lessons in cooking and cleaning and so on.
Belatrixie chapter 10 . 4/13/2019
It's so strange thinking of Wickham falling in love Lmao, but you're doing it quite well I'm loving it, curiouser and curiouser.
Laina Lee chapter 10 . 4/12/2019
I am enjoying your variation and how skillfully you have derived it from the source material.
Deanna27 chapter 10 . 4/11/2019
still following, still waiting for the next shoe to drop, is he truly reformed?!
nanciellen chapter 10 . 4/11/2019
Great story. I am enjoying this story. Thank you.
Brokenwings35 chapter 7 . 4/7/2019