Reviews for Revenge Is Best Served Vintage
Guest chapter 1 . 7/31/2020
Blobby is the Dark Star or what was left of it after it was defeated.
The Anomalocaris chapter 1 . 4/15/2018
I recently finished reading not just this chapter, but your previous two works in this series as well, and figured I'd save my thoughts for here now that I'm caught up.

All in all I find your take on the Mario setting delightful, and you write Fawful (and everybody else) quite well. It's funny, the plot(s) are well-written while still being small-scale, and you blend the various Mario canons together in a unique way. As for this story specifically, I always wondered what happened to Midbus following his impromptu career as an air conditioner, so I'm looking forward to that being addressed as well as what's up with Blobby here.

Back in the first story, I correctly guessed that a fragment of the Dark Star was still alive in Fawful and responsible for the... complications in separation pretty early on, so I suppose I'll throw my hat in the ring for Blobby's identity since you challenged us. Dimentio is the first one that comes to mind, both due to his signature magic being sourced from the pendant and the mention that Blobby was attached to an artifact that was destroyed, but the notion that he's being censored by some higher power gives me pause. I suppose it's entirely possible that Dimentio is, for once in his (after)life, stuck being somebody else's pawn, but if Dimentio is the censorer rather than the censoree, then that would leave only Count Bleck as the remaining candidate for Blobby. That being said, I'm going to plant myself in the Dimentio camp regardless, due to Occam's Razor.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/10/2017
Don't tell me this is mask face wanting pieces of the not-so-good heart. Although I don't want to jump to conclusions. Fawful will get in trouble again if he makes a deal with someone like that, if it's that guy though. That would have the badness of bad tacos.
PaintBrushJr chapter 1 . 11/10/2017
ooooooOOOOOOHHH you're BACK!
I'm so excited! I thought it would take a bit longer for you to start on this.
So, time for a bit of theorizing.
-Midbus's "death" scene was him freezing up. There is a possible chance that in order to prevent Midbus from "melting," Fawful stored Midbus in some place cold.
-It's a rock, that is cracked open. It couldn't say the word Void either. Here are some guesses.
1. Dimentio. You've included some Super Paper Mario characters in the past. As we know, Dimentio fused with the Chaos Heart. We have also seen that the Pure Hearts were turned to stone when it was sucked into the void. Could the same happen to the Chaos Heart
2. The Dark Star. If Fawful can come back, the Dark Star can come back too. It appeared to be conscious, and even tried to take over the kingdom after "Fusing" with Fawful. Possibly, the Dark Star took the form of the rock, and still has a bit of Fawful essence inside.
-Final theory: Blobby will betray them, (le gasp,) but possibly used Midbus as a tool against Fawful.
I'm excited to see how this story plays out! Good luck!
Ems602 chapter 1 . 11/9/2017
If it can’t walk like a duck, and talks a tiny bit like a duck, and appreciates similes like a duck, and was fused with an artifact of dark power like a duck, it’s probably a duck! Only in this case, a duck Dimento.
Not going to lie, his speech patterns didn’t seem very Dimentio-ish to me, though I could be wrong. Maybe that’s deliberate, to keep the mystery a mystery?
If it’s not deliberate, here’s a link to a page with every Dimentio line ever. Single best resource I’ve found for writing him, personally. If the link broke because the site hates links, it’s a link to the Mario Wiki, search around and you’ll find it. Or don’t, either way :p

List_of_Super_Paper_Mario_quotes#Dimentio.2FSuper_Dimentio

Been following this series for a while, and I’m really enjoying it! Really excited to see where this goes, can’t wait for more!
SpaceDimentio chapter 1 . 11/9/2017
Did Fawful get some sort of tech support job? Grambi bless him, you need the patience of a saint to do customer service.

Oh hey, it's the guy from that one picture. Ohp I saw a simile, could it be him, my asshole son? You better listen to Hector, Fawful, he can't be trusted.

As for writing a high school basketball scene, there's probably some Disney channel movies you could take inspiration from
Pikminfan chapter 1 . 11/9/2017