Reviews for The Psychic Phantasm, Chapter 1
Guest chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
Very nice. I'd love to read the rest of it.
LuckyLadybug chapter 1 . 5/12/2011
It's a pity this story has apparently been discontinued. The characterization is spot-on! So far it looks very much like an episode of the series. Tony and Kolchak's interaction is classic, as always. I love the running gag about the carrot sticks.

And this villain looks creepy and dark! Poor Jason. I'm intrigued wondering what the mysterious being would have shown to Kolchak.
MMR chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
Wow, I'm impressed! Can't wait for chapter 2
Firefly4000 chapter 1 . 3/16/2006
please continue with this story i likes it
DarkMark chapter 1 . 8/21/2004
Very good! Seems to catch the tone of the original source quite nicely. I like good Kolchak. But where's the next chapter?
Celtic Cat chapter 1 . 8/31/2003
Pretty cool, so far. If I had any quibbles with your technique so far, it would be to suggest that you watch CSI or read some murder mysteries to bone up on some of the technical terminology, like asphyxiation instead of lack of oxygen, and the blood settling to the lowest part of the body being post-mortem lividity. That aside, it rings true to the show, I'll be back to see what you've done with it.
Willum chapter 1 . 8/6/2003
Well, I don't know why you never finished this (seeing as it was posted a few months ago)but it's a damn good beginning.

The characters are handled well, and the story has a good pace to it.

It would really be nice to see more this.
Gorgolo Chick chapter 1 . 6/30/2003
Very nice start! You must keep going with this story. I feel that you have quite nicely captured the tone of the series, and I believe you handled Carl, Tony and Uptight beautifully and very in character. The one criticism I would make would be, if you want to keep as true a feel as possible, the description of what happens to Jason should be given as Kolchak reporting it - in the show these were voice-overs. The immediacy of a reporter telling the story as he sees it will increase the tension for your readers. I might suggest starting the section with a note [From the journal of Carl Kolchak] or something of the sort. Just my opinion and suggestions - you are obviously a talented writer.
jkb chapter 1 . 5/23/2003
God...I loved Kolchak as a kid, and also later on, when I got a little older and wasn't quite so scared by it.

You have done a wonderful job with this fic!

Everyone is in character, with appropriate dialogue and humor. Friggin' fantastic!

If I didn't know any better, I'd think I was reading a screenplay for the series!

You should be proud of this...great story, great writing...

I hope you continue soon!

jkb
Kat chapter 1 . 4/9/2003
Whoa! What a beginning! And so much like the series! Where's the rest?