Reviews for My Dinner with Buff Frog
OMG THIS IS EVERYTHING
StillUnsure chapter 1 . 6/8/2019
This was good. And I'm not gonna lie, I cried a little lol
The Howling Behemoth chapter 1 . 5/31/2018
This was nice! I want more!
Gold Testament chapter 1 . 11/28/2017
I actually cried a bit reading this. Really love Buff Frog.
Avery chapter 1 . 11/16/2017
You definitely should continue this. I feel everybody just sees Marco as a human who's in over his head. I want to see him sort out his issues and prove himself.
Starcofan09 chapter 1 . 11/13/2017
yup i loved it you should continue this its a great story
slake333 chapter 1 . 11/12/2017
ah i needed this. i felt so bad for marcoe through out the new start of season three. its like star instantly forgot about her feelings for Marco. he is more lost then when he got back to earth... this just.. spoke tons of his feelings and is a fantastic piece. i would like to see it continue as more season 3 episodes come out.. i like you view on his emotions.
robertkellett chapter 1 . 11/11/2017
I'm not very happy with Season 3A at all personally but what's happening to Marco... The utter feeling of 'I hate myself and I should not be around' is so... Relatable to me personally. And this chapter is utterly oozing with that in every single place.

Buff Frog is the perfect character to have Marco vent to and the best part about this entire thing? It's clear that Star feels SOMETHING for Marco still... I think... Maybe? Either way, this being from his perspective was powerful and I felt so sorry for him after reading this.

Mewni life is going to be stressful but even if he doesn't have Star, this chapter reminded me that Tom and Pony aren't the only friends by his side; he has Buff Frog too to turn to. This was really needed after how badly they beat up Marco across Lint and Squire.
Cartoonmaniac3976 chapter 1 . 11/10/2017
Great story! I wasn’t happy with what we got with Marco in these last few episodes. Hope you can make more for next weeks episodes.
realfakedoors chapter 1 . 11/10/2017
whew, that was a trip. I'm typically more of a lurker than one to comment - maybe a favorite or a follow occasionally - but this was just what I needed, and so it warrants me saying so.
as your note states at the end, this was just the catharsis I was missing after the episodes. it was, so to speak, the perfect answer to the call left by their lackluster in-canon reunion.

way to GO with Buff Frog, by the way. Just, amazing characterization. Of course, Marco and even our glimmer of Ponyhead are nice, but this was *spot on* Buff Frog. Like, reading-it-in-his-silly-accent-in-my-head level of good.

and, a final thought:
I was almost in tears, and I'm not ashamed. as a general rule, fics have never made me full-on cry, but this one came close. Perhaps only one or two others have ever made me tear up so... please, write more. If it's a continuation of this story or otherwise, people should have the chance to experience your amazing writing.
Budman chapter 1 . 11/10/2017
This was a good read, I share your disappointment with those episodes. Honestly, I feel like this whole thing came about as a result of bad writing. The show, not your fic. Marco has pretty much always been the character that received the short end of the stick when it came to character development in the show. It really got bad after "Running with Scissors" when they just flat out ignored the whole thing. In writing on any level that is a mistake. They could have just showed little instances of Marco having difficulty with his old life after the trial, just stuff to let the viewers know it was a thing, maybe go along the line of Marco trying hard to reconnect with his old life and over-correcting. Anything would have been preferable to the giant nothing we got from then on. The time skips after Star leaving and leading up to Battle for Mewni did not help, I honestly think it would have been better if Marco had immediately grabbed his scissors and went to Mewni and try to show some kind of initiative and find out what was going on. What I am trying to say is that at the end of the day Marco is a character that has been handled poorly by the show and at times has been purposefully held back from growth for the sack of other characters. There does not seem to be a way that I can see that we could have avoided getting here with the show being actively against his growth or being able to contribute meaningfully. And I think that is why a lot of people feel disappointed, it feels like Marco was cheated as a character. Sorry for the long response, I think that was my catharsis. Here's hoping they manage to salvage this thing somehow. Good luck with your writing.
Kirdei Antares chapter 1 . 11/10/2017
This was a good read! I pretty much did the same thing you did after watching the episode. I had forgotten how good it felt to write fanfiction! I definitely wouldn't mind seeing a continuation of this! (I also felt better after rewatching the episode a couple more times.)
MissingFinger chapter 1 . 11/10/2017
Great story! Very sad, but very well written. Starco is the best relationship, I agree. Thanks for the review!