Reviews for The Road Ahead
Apple Bloom chapter 3 . 6/23
Interesting looking forward to it how this will continue
AWESOME MORE CHAPTERS!
I.C.2014 chapter 3 . 6/22
Shane needs to calm himself down.
Keep up the good work.
SpringBorn chapter 3 . 6/18
I like it. Slow but good. I look forward to the next chapter!
millennialflowerchild chapter 3 . 6/18
You've done well at putting your OC in the canon scenes! I always like to see that. I'm also already liking Daryl x Rosalie, they definitely have some chemistry. It was really sweet when she thanked Daryl for making Connor smile. Shane being an overprotective brother seems pretty accurate lol. Only thing I want to point out is your punctuation, with dialogue specifically, is a little distracting. All dialogue should have either a period (when the following text doesn't pertain to the dialogue itself. "Just go get cleaned up" his emotionless voice... "Just go get cleaned up." his emotionless voice...) or a comma (When the following text does pertain to the dialogue. "Mom can go with you" Connor blurted "Mom can go with you," Connor blurted.) I mean no offense by this and just wanted to let you know, because this is a good story.
millennialflowerchild chapter 1 . 6/18
There are a lot of "canon character's sister" stories out there but I like your take on it. Solid characterization and I already like the dynamic of Shane having a sister and nephew, and Rosalie being as close with Lori and Carl as her brother is.
addicted2memories chapter 3 . 6/16
You deleted all your chapters?! Are you doing a rewrite?!
a fan chapter 2 . 5/20
love this first chapter and am very excited for chapter 2
Louh1 chapter 1 . 5/11
This idea seems cool :)
a fan chapter 2 . 5/4
this is really good. i like the idea and the writing and the characters. very excited for more chapters
Bella Foster chapter 5 . 5/3
I've read 4 of your Chapter so far. It's basically a love story about an OC and Daryl Dixon? It's good so far, the only problem I have is at the end of the chapter from when she meets Daryl she noted that something was drawing her to him and she couldn't wait to get to know him. There is so many things wrong with that sentence.
1: She has a son and her family to look after, their safety and survival should have been the first things she was thinking about. Her son should always come first. SO maybe you should have let her have a few weeks to get to know him before she says she feels drawn to him. Right now she seems shallow and a terrible mother.
2: She's a mom. Mothers have been known to attack, torture and kills any who attempt to hurt their children. She would be thinking of her sons future. By the way you created your character, she seems like one of the moms who'll teach her so to protect himself so he doesn't become Zombie food.
3: The apocalypse has just started, there's no way in hell anyone would be thinking about who they like or want to fuck. If someone first meets someone without talking to them and thinks, "I'm drawn to them", that has nothing to do with personality. That's all about physical attraction.
4: The reason the Dixon's were so disliked in the first season was because people believed Daryl was the exact same as his brother. A narrow minded bigot redneck. If one family member is rude and the other doesn't say anything to disprove or disagree with what their saying verbally, usually people associate them to be like the rude person. So she would have immediately been put off with Daryl, its a biological reaction. She wouln't have been able to help it. You could have done it over time, like making her notice his hunting skills, eyes, or hands, then his muscles, his quiet personality. Women have it ingrained into their DNA to be attracted to someone who proved they could protect them if the chance ever arises and they couldn't handle it by themselves. That would have been someone she would have been attracted to because as a mother, her child and his safety comes first. So someone who proves they can kill threats easily and provide food for her son, is someone she'll be intrigued by.

These are just my thoughts on the character. But maybe you could do it so that Conner, as he gets older, adapts to the world around him. So he doesn't end up like Sophia, running away and getting herself bitten or like Carl who eventually dies because he took on more than he could handle and didn't understand his limits. Rosie won't be able to keep her son a innocent little boy forever if she wants him to survive The Walking Dead World.
addicted2memories chapter 20 . 2/20
So glad you're back! And what a comeback! It was a short chapter but such a good chapter. I love how you write Daryl, you stay so true to his character. I love how Connor is bringing Daryl more and more into the family. I can't wait to read more! Update soon!
RedVelvetPanPan chapter 1 . 1/8
Im already excited with just this intro! first off, i love Finn, and i love the idea that this is going to be about a sister of Shane, i hate his character and it will be interesting to see how she is. Anywho! this is long for just the intro chapter, i'll get to reading now!
Jess.Isaac1 chapter 19 . 1/5
This is really good, I love the reunion between Rosalie and Connor, my heart was so happy. I can't wait for Connor's character development for this season and to see how he copes with the truth in the barn doors. Rosalie and Daryl's relationship is going at a good pace too. I love this story and I can't wait for the next chapter!
addicted2memories chapter 19 . 1/5
Connor is breaking my heart. You've got such an amazing talent of writing in a way that makes it so easy to imagine. When you wrote about Rosalie caring for Connor's wounds and trying not to cry i could see her struggle in my mind. Also, I think Daryl and Rosalie's relationship is developing at a good pace. They both got insecurities and other worries so it's obvious they aren't going to fall into each others arms and confess their undying love.
Ps. I hope you have some type of Daryl/Connor bonding time planned. It's pretty obvious that Connor isn't comfortable with his uncle Shane and even though we can all clearly see he has a good relationship with Rick, season 2 is a busy season for Rick so I doubt he'll have time to really help Connor through his issues. I would like it if Daryl were there for him, I think it would really help Daryl open up.
BookKeeper88 chapter 19 . 1/5
the thing about walking dead is that everyone has the mentality that they can very well die tomorrow, therefore things develop quickly, be it positive or negative emotions. very few things were simmering below the surface. if they were then it was fairly obvious something was wrong or there but most chose to ignore it. therefore I don't think you'll need to worry about their relationship moving too fast, you've got a good pace set
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »