Reviews for Weirder Things
darthkratos24 chapter 4 . 4/10
I'm only four chapters in and I know 2 year old fic but my biggest negative so far is I wish your oc was put more naturally into the show. He barely has anything original to say and is constantly just taking lines and actions from another character. Each time I see it I just picture the universe kinda pausing or the character who's line it's supposed to be freezing up as Patrick jumps in and does it, then it goes back to normal as your oc steps to the side again. It's better then the story's where the oc just kinda stands there off to the side doing barely anything but still kinda jarring.
Yang34 chapter 5 . 3/13
I would love to see Patrick scream like Courage The Cowardly Dog.
Mattman15 chapter 40 . 3/3
After 9-10 months of reading, I’ve finally finished, and my final opinion is…
It’s good. It’s far from perfect, but it was still enjoyable.
A lot of the things I liked about Season 1 still remain. Wendy getting more screentime, Patrick’s dynamic with the twins, the Office of Paranormal Investigations and Veronica’s involvement, etc.
The epilogue was really fun to read. It was nice to learn what happened to everyone after that faithful summer.
The Booker Bridges cameo and the nod to Frank Ramirez were both surprising, yet enjoyable.
I only have two gripes.
1. The small gripe. A part of me wishes there were more Stranger Things references. Something like a demogorgon being part of Bill’s army, or Bill and his henchmaniacs being parts of a hive mind, like the Mind Flayer. Again, it’s just a small gripe.
2. The big gripe, Father Time. It was a good idea, but it was horrendously executed. You’re basically saying that Weirdmageddon succeeds without Patrick. That just feels stupid, because we all know that in the actual show, Patrick doesn’t exist, yet the heroes still stop Bill. In my opinion, it would’ve worked better like this. There’s only one timeline where Bill is stopped. The canon timeline. Father Time didn’t like that, so he created a world where Patrick exists so there’s at least one more timeline where Bill loses.
But in the end, it’s not my story, it’s yours, so you should write it the way you want to without mine, or anyone’s interference.
Mattman15 chapter 29 . 2/12
So, Wendy and Patrick breaking up. I like the idea of it, but the execution? Not so much. It just feels kinda weird that Patrick was blamed for Tambry and Robbie’s forced love. I know he accompanied Mabel, but he didn’t give them the love potion.
Other than that, it was an okay chapter.
The best part was easily the clarification of the Love Potion wearing off. I’m glad you fixed that plot hole.
Mattman15 chapter 28 . 2/11
This was an interestng chapter.
So, I take back what I said about Wendy and Patrick’s relationship being fast-paced. The flashback of them actually meeting when they were younger was a neat idea. It still doesn’t beat Franne in my opinion, but still.
Speaking of taking things back, I’ve very much considered taking back the things I said about your OCs being too violent. For the longest time now, I kinda felt like you were portraying their violent tendencies as skills and not flaws, and using their tragic backstories just to justify their wrongdoings. Now I realize that I was wrong on both accounts. They’re not afraid to admit when they’ve gone too far, and they do gain better control of their tempers as the stories progress.
Mattman15 chapter 22 . 2/4
Something I neglected to mention about the “War of the Holes” chapter.
There’s a first person narration in there.
Listen, if you say your OCs aren’t self-inserts, then I believe you, but the first person narration will make some people out there think that at least Patrick is a self-insert. Just putting that out there.
Mattman15 chapter 23 . 2/4
Wow.
Patrick had a brother that died? I definitely wasn’t expecting that. It’s an interesting backstory.
I’m no fan of Hilda, and I don’t see myself getting into it anytime soon. Still this was an overall great chapter.
The marra is a very good idea. It sucks we didn’t see it in the actual show.
Mattman15 chapter 21 . 2/4
This was a good chapter.
The best part was easily how you put more detail into the Corduroy and Northwest rivalry. I didn’t even realize how much wasted potential the show had until I read this chapter.
I hope to see this explored further in the “Haunting of Northwest Manor” chapter.
Mattman15 chapter 20 . 1/29
I totally see Stan or Wendy’s dad telling Patrick and Wendy to leave the door open three inches when they’re in the same room.
Mattman15 chapter 19 . 1/28
I can agree that Dipper wasn’t his best self in this chapter, but neither was Patrick. Him punching Dipper in the face was so uncalled for. I’m glad Stan and Veronica stopped him from going any further.
Other than that, it was a fine chapter. Veronica hiding secrets from the government is an interesting idea. I can’t wait to see how that carries on.
Zagras chapter 40 . 1/27
Truly this is one of the best fanfictions I have ever read from the relationships between ford, stan, and Veronica to Dipper, Mabel, and Patrick I have rarely if ever seen work this great. From the bottom of my heart thank you for blessing me with such a great story.

I wish you eternal happiness Geat Athuor Of This Story.
Mattman15 chapter 18 . 12/2/2023
After reading all of season 1, I have this to say.
This was overall a good first season.
Patrick is an interesting character, and I can see his a sixth toe goes with Ford’s sixth finger. I can’t wait to see how they bond over that.
Veronica is a nice addition to the story. She does feel like a mary sue sometimes, but not every character has to have flaws, so I can let this slide.
You really showed off Gideon’s evil side well. I won’t be surprised if he doesn’t redeem in this version of events.
The way you inserted Wendy into the chapters was really well done. I especially feel like she needs more spotlight.
I only really have two big gripes about this story.
1. The fast development of Wendick (Wendy x Patrick). To be fair, I’ve seen worse, but I feel like Wendy and Patrick’s first kiss would’ve had a bigger impact if it happened after they confess their love for each other in the Bunker episode. I would’ve had Wendy kiss Patrick on the cheek and not straight on the lips, but that’s just me.
2. This is a problem I have not just with Patrick, but Frank and Booker as well, so instead of making one comment for each of them, I’ll just say it all at once. Your OCs can be a little too violent for my taste. I can forgive their tempers, mainly because I have a temper as well, but when they yell at or beat up someone, it feels a bit too much. Some of the time, they are in the right to beat up that someone, but there are moments where they go too far. I won’t list it off or else we’ll be here all day. Point is, your OCs violent tendencies get to the point where they sometimes come off as bullies instead of heroes, which in turn, makes me question whether they deserve their respective romantic relationships or not. There is the redeeming factor that they do genuinely care about people and aren’t just trying to play the hero, and that’s why I’m not being so harsh about my gripe.
Mattman15 chapter 15 . 12/2/2023
I think it would’ve had a bigger impact if Wendy defeated the alpha werewolf in the end and not have Veronica show up last minute.
Other than that, this was an awesome original chapter.
Mattman15 chapter 14 . 11/15/2023
This was an interesting chapter.
While I didn’t not like Mabel’s part in this episode, I understand why you didn’t show much of it.
I was expecting for Patrick to get cocky and ask Wendy out just for her to reject him, as that would put a mini-conflict in the relationship, but the way you had Patrick comfort Wendy was so much better.
That’s all Inahve to say.
Mattman15 chapter 11 . 10/29/2023
I liked this take on the episode and the Summerween Trickster is an awesome villain. There’s just one problem. If you ask me, I think that it would’ve been more fitting for the Trickster to possess Dipper and not Patrick, given that Dipper was the one to anger the Trickster in the first place.
1,243 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »