Reviews for There and Back
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 5/21/2004
Excellent story.I always wish Tolkien had written about the hobbits' recovery.
rabidsamfan chapter 1 . 2/11/2004
A truly lovely piece. I like the way you folded in all the quotations, and included Beregond and the others. It's going on my favorite stories list straight away!
lizmybit chapter 1 . 5/15/2003
Aw...How wonderful! I had tears in my eyes several times! I love the way you ended it with the knighting of Pippin and Merry! I also loved the way you kept bringing quotes form the books and the movies into it!

Well done I say, well done!
JJ-Ring freaks chapter 1 . 4/9/2003
Wow! I really like your stories! *applauds* I thought I'd read this one already but I see that I haven't. Yay! I like how you described what happened after Pippin got crushed- I always imagined that it would be something like this but it was nice to hear the tale from someone else- Yours was much better than mine! Bravo! (and Encore! lol!)
Llinos chapter 1 . 3/29/2003
Excellent story - loved every minute of it. I could not pick out one particular highlight - it was all good. The interspering of the dialogue as Pippin's dream was ingenious and made the whole story ring true and I very much liked the culmination of both the hobbits being knighted. Many fanfic writers overlook the fact that Tolkien does not show us either of them receiving their honours although they obviously do - so it was nice to see.

LLinos
VercisIsolde chapter 1 . 3/27/2003
Wow! A recovery story that I missed! That's a rarity! This was absolutely lovely, and I have to thank you for writing it. You made me cry during many different parts, but I think I cried most at the end b/c it was over. I'm gonna check out all your other stories now, b/c they all seem to have to do w/ Pippin and he is my absolute favorite! Keep up the good work

Luv

VI
Pansy Chubb chapter 1 . 3/18/2003
Wonderful story, so well written. You have caught their characters so well, I can see everything happening.
Dana4 chapter 1 . 3/18/2003
So, I actually read this and have been sitting back and thinking of how I wanted to put my awe into a review... well, for one, loved it! But then, I don't know what I've read of yours that I haven't loved. Wait... nothing.

*shameless!*

I like how you have the story set up, with the flash back bits all throughout... lovely stuff. Merry's just an ace in this, and twas nice to see Beregond, and here is where my coherence gives out... I. Love. It.

It was just beautiful and emotive. Cheers!

Oh, and you have a gift with endings.
Cerridwen3 chapter 1 . 3/18/2003
I love it! Beautiful depiction of Pippin's recovery, Lindelea, and the little bits from the book and the movies were ingenius.

I am really glad to see more from you! An author who writes these two hobbits well is very hard to come by and you, my dear, are a god-send in my opinion!
Pipkin Sweetgrass chapter 1 . 3/18/2003
Most exellent. I adore Pippin. To me he is heroic. Gondor lost one son, but gained another. He is my Ernil i Pherannath. You rocked this story. You *must* write more.
shirebound chapter 1 . 3/17/2003
Oh, how I love this story! I'm so glad you posted it here. You take us through Pippin's recovery so beautifully, and it's wonderful when the hobbits are honored and celebrated. Well done.