Reviews for The Awakening of Monika
chamomillimeter chapter 65 . 11/25/2020
Wow. I read this in one sitting and it's marvelous. Honestly though, I was so close to dropping it at the beginning because the protagonist and the romance with Monika just felt a bit too bland.

But I believe I started getting hooked the moment the story got moving with meeting Luce and all. The characters are written quite well and the plot was sick, I love it. Plus, Crueset's identity was such a big brain move, even I didn't see that coming, and here I thought I was good at predicting future plot points.

Anddd what else... I loved Mac, she's such a mysterious gray character, it's charming.

Hm, I think my only problems with this are fact that there was no closure in the club presidency curse subplot. I though they would at least disband the lit. club to get rid of the curse or something.

Plus there's also the fact that they're technically immortal, even if they did get themselves physical bodies—not looking good on the long run for the protag and Monika (and Natsuki and Amity for the record), since they won't be able to grow old with them. But ey, I know that the story would get even longer if you tapped that territory, so I understand the omission of that issue.

Hm, and also, not a big fan of the protagonist. I know it's a popular trend to have a tabula rasa protagonist for easy reader insertion, but I really find it hard to relate to this guy. It even felt like Crueset's feelings for him was out of nowhere (even though she said her reasons, I really found it not that believable, maybe it's just me). Monika too, felt like a majority of herself is dedicated to loving the protagonist and not much of anything else, I wanted her to be more... fleshed out, I guess?

There was also the fact that Holly was brought back too easily that the impact of her death on Luce became a bit blunt.

Okay, criticism section done, sorry for that. But this really is well done, author! l found myself laughing at some parts, mostly the ones with Luce in them, maybe it's because I resonated with her humor the most? She's such an effortless comedian.

Plus a trap and tsundere romance is so fresh, I like it. I also love how much detail went into this story.

Phew, that was long. Anyway, late to the party but here I am. Thanks for the great read! I randomly got into ddlc again after three years and decided to check out some fanfics. I'm glad I did.
ichOranchOr chapter 13 . 6/5/2020
Oh fuçk
mymomis1 chapter 13 . 5/14/2020
Sayori is the one talking I can tell
Aevora Myonsarys chapter 65 . 2/3/2020
The main plot idea is very interesting. From the sinopsis, I was thinking it would something a bit more casual, so as the story progressed into 'fighting' a villain and stuff I wasn't really prepared; but I also think a story with just Monika x protagonist having cute moments would be a bit too boring for more than 2-3 chapters. The poems in-between the main storyline were a really nice touch to it all. I'm not gonna lie, I was expecting a bit more of horror elements about Creuset, but nonetheless I really enjoyed your story and I hope to read more of your writings. :)
Ghostguy12 chapter 65 . 11/20/2019
I absolutely loved this story! I liked the ending too, although there might be a problem when "Wolf" gets old while Monika doesn't age due to being an android and so outlives... On second thought, maybe just focus on the present for now. \_(ツ)_/
Ghostguy12 chapter 61 . 11/20/2019
D'awwwww...
Ghostguy12 chapter 56 . 11/20/2019
I was kind of wondering if Creuset was you-know-who (trying to censor the spoiler here for people who haven't read to this point) after my Sayori theory got debunked, but I wasn't sure. Guess my suspicions were right this time.
Ghostguy12 chapter 55 . 11/20/2019
What the fudge just happened?
Ghostguy12 chapter 45 . 11/20/2019
How'd I know she'd be in the crate?
Ghostguy12 chapter 31 . 11/20/2019
Well there goes my theory.
Ghostguy12 chapter 15 . 11/19/2019
Calling it now, our mystery girl is Sayori. Since that's so obvious at this point, I'll follow it up by saying that I've suspected it since the beginning.
Mendoza249 chapter 31 . 10/12/2019
Nice chapter of Rise of Skynet. lol
YONOVANDAONE chapter 9 . 5/8/2019
Nigga, I no think no shit over 'ere wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf

I no be thinkin of no shit over 'ere

wtf
TinyFox2 chapter 13 . 3/28/2019
Oh wow! Is this Sayori?
Moon chapter 1 . 3/4/2019
Its so cute im dying OMG