Reviews for The Awakening of Monika
SkySkye chapter 65 . 11/25/2018
Luce better stop with the fourth wall breaks, that's my job. Zoe irl is funny af and I'm really hoping to see more of both her and her virtual counterpart.
myfunvideos chapter 65 . 11/25/2018
...What's the dude's name again, it's been so long since I seen this story...give me a minute...
TitanSolracar chapter 65 . 11/25/2018
Wow, I really love the latest chapter. It's all finally connected. I mean, even more so than a couple characters but there's an even bigger bridge between the two stories now. Especially how Zoe and the protagonist are linked. I only guessed that Wolf was the protagonist up until Zoe and Conner saw him with Monika. Also when it revealed that the co-worker was Zoe.

What is this a crossover episode? (Pardon the obligatory BoJack Horseman reference).
finalsacre chapter 64 . 11/13/2018
Ah yes, this is undoubtedly the best ending. Creuset is best girl. Just Creuset.
finalsacre chapter 62 . 11/13/2018
And finally, I finished reading the most popular DDLC fanfiction.
I actually began reading it one year ago but then I dropped it midway along with my interest in DDLC.
Anyway, it's time me for me to give my thoughts about your story!

Personality (if I could, I would have underlined that word), I didn't like the constant change of POV. That's because the main interest of the story for me was being able to put myself in the shoes of the nameless protagonist (I love the part when Creuset remarked nobody called him by his name). First person worked great for that, but as you can guess, the first person of other characters broke the immersion.

Regardless of my personal preference, I acknowledge you handled the characterization of the characters wonderfully! Changing the POV greatly contributed to make all "side" characters actually as interesting as the main protagonist.

I must congratulate you for writing Luce.

I hated her from the beginning to the end. I absolutely despise swearing and impulsiveness. She is the kind of (not-evil) person I hate the most. Well at least, her intentions aren't evil. Yes, yes, I know she was suffering from depression and so on, but still.

Hence I congratulate you. Because you managed to make a character, extremely different from you, lifelike enough so that I imagine her as a real person.

I hate you Luce.

Ahaha! Let's move on. I will focus on the plot.

The final conflict was over too fast in my opinion. Basically Creuset returned to her sense just after spending a few minutes with Sayori. Alright I can understand Sayori is so important for her/him that her kindness and her forgiveness can have such an effect on Creuset...

BUT

The cause of Creuset's madness, the fact of being the president, didn't disappear in the first place! It should still exist and haunt one of the AI.
This ...let's call it virus... existed before DDLC, the game, was made. It existed at the same time the original AIs were made. I suspect it it an internal flaw of their programming. There should be more explanation about it.

More generally, how the original AIs, Sayori, MC, Natsuki, Yuri and Monika came to existence is still a total mystery. Making an AI is no small feat. Actually, even now, despite of billions of dollars invested, no AI comes anywhere close to the level described in your story.

Surely, only an extremely powerful organization could have made them, but then, how could the organization have let the AIs get away? After learning the AIs survived the events portrayed by the game, surely they should have tried to find them and get them back...

And this is how I would make The Awakening of Monika 2.
Shrimpknight67 chapter 13 . 11/3/2018
sometimes you gotta love google translate.
AdamZeeper chapter 6 . 10/20/2018
Oh shit plot twist he's a pedo
Guest chapter 64 . 10/4/2018
I read this in one day and I like this
Guest chapter 64 . 9/15/2018
I'm just going to point out there were 666 reviews.
TheAnimationNerd chapter 64 . 9/9/2018
Just finished it, and I gotta say, this is incredible. Such an amazing story, you really have a lot of talent. Can’t wait to see what else you make in the future!
Quale Hunter chapter 64 . 8/30/2018
I was expecting an actually long chapter. Instead, I got the word "Again" repeated exactly 254 times (I counted).

Severely let down Don't get my hopes up like that
Guest chapter 64 . 8/28/2018
Well that was a depressing scenario. I honestly expected him to die in some way but just eternal guilt and hopelessness is just sad.
Antoine chapter 64 . 8/28/2018
This was definitely a tragic little "what-if" scenario. The repeated "again"s, aside from causing that word to seem to lose all meaning, reminded me of how after the big shock of the festival day, the main character repeats "never" when talking about never being able to go back and change things.

Interesting alternate ending! I like the way that you introduced it as a possible alternate as if it were in a visual novel, as this could have come about by the player making "wrong" choices.
StormHAWK81 chapter 64 . 8/28/2018