Reviews for A New Beginning
hooplah chapter 26 . 10/15/2020
Hmm this is an interesting fic. It very much couldve been a nice little romance with maybe just having Gabby's father illness for a bit of drama. I think the romance is what you have been doing best (although tbf that's the arc which is basically now entirely concluded).

Instead you've almost transitioned the stort into another stage. There were a few hints beforehand but this is almost a completely separate arc. I applaud your ambition - although I think that action and political twists are two of the weaker elements of the story so far. I hooe as you go along the actions of each character make more sense from what we know of them personally & make sense in world rather than just the next thing that is needed from a plot perspective.

For an example of things not making sense in world on the intrigue side: the Hermione plot involves her publically starting a spy agency. Having meetings in the minstry openly with her spies walking through the front door, with one of the more famous people in the wizarding world, in an insecure enough olace that Ron can just walk in. Victor even sits in the corridor waiting! It adds events to the plot but doesnt make a lot of sense...

This sort of consistent plothole is more forgivable in a romance (where the strong charactisation and relationship dynamic is more important) than in a political intrigue/ action flick.

Ive enjoyed this so far - I'll follow for a few chapters to see how well executed your change of tack is.
blackhack chapter 26 . 9/17/2020
The Gellert twist is interesting. Honestly, writing quality overall is pretty good
jslee102 chapter 26 . 9/9/2020
I enjoyed that, though I admittedly was hoping for some more ancient enemy from Nic's even further past. Gellert is certainly old enough, but I feel like Hitler, infamous enough and in recent history enough that figures of speech from Christophe like what Nic picked up on in earlier chapters would have been caught.
Guest chapter 26 . 9/8/2020
Thanks for the update!
teachergirl chapter 26 . 9/8/2020
Really? That's the best you can do? It's been done a million times already. I was hoping for more.
Mark Sinfield chapter 26 . 9/8/2020
Thanks for updating
BorderLand chapter 17 . 9/8/2020
Snape must have finally broke looking at Harry down from after life while everyone else laughs at his misery. The kid who he detested and thought as an idiot just surpassed him as a Potions Master, he got the girl of his dreams and is tutored by Flamel himself to follow in his footsteps.
Siblings Grimm chapter 26 . 9/6/2020
Excited to see more! Grindelwald is such a better villain than Voldemort. Tom Is just so plain evil, where is Grindelwald has much more complexity, which makes it interesting.
Loveandpower chapter 6 . 9/6/2020
wouldn't Harry patronus give him away
bdwilliams3 chapter 26 . 9/6/2020
Glad you took the leap. I love the direction, but even if I didn’t would be happy for you to pursue your vision for the story. Write true for yourself and all will come together.
TheGrandDisciple chapter 26 . 9/5/2020
I had a feeling that's where this was going. Not often I see Gellert as the bad guy in a modern story. Well done.
Sorceress of Magic chapter 26 . 9/5/2020
Whoa that’s quite a history Grindelwald
BBryant chapter 26 . 9/5/2020
I'm pretty sure most people expected the villain to be Grindelwald.
HJP4Life chapter 14 . 8/6/2020
Ooooooh I think I figured it out!
HJP4Life chapter 10 . 8/6/2020
I've made it this far and I wanted to say.. very well written story! I love the concepts. Gabrielle is one of my favorite almost unexplored characters and you do an amazing job of writing her. I took a chance seeing this is unfinished but you updated this year. So hopefully I will get to finish this whole story with you!
254 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »