Reviews for A New Beginning
xanfire chapter 25 . 8/4/2020
Wow, an actual FF where the main character isn't an OP shithead. Ignore the assholes in the reviews here. Your character development here is spot on, and react to situations in ways that I would expect them to act.
Lorien Legacy chapter 25 . 5/13/2020
Great chapter please continue soon
Archleone chapter 25 . 5/5/2020
I'm not going to continue reading this story.

It's very contradictory and self-defeating. The point of Harry fucking off to France was that he wanted a new, quieter life. He finds a woman, finds a new calling (Potioneer or Alchemist or whatever), and settles into his new life. Then comes in all this stupid conspiracy shit with the French Minister, this Gerard guy, and seemingly some other assholes hiding in the wings as well all doing some sketchy global cult bullshit to recruit people into some secret army. Or whatever it is you're trying to do. Harry is forced into getting involved in this, and that will eventually put him into a conflict on a global scale. Much more stress and bullshit involved than even in his former life. i.e. the exact opposite of what he wanted.

It doesn't help that everything feels super contrived. Harry is just a random potion maker who helped out during a crisis once, and now there's this big conspiracy where this sketchy guy is personally spying on him and apparently has some ideas about the Elder Wand. All of this shit kicked off basically the moment Harry disappeared, which is ever so convenient. And then there's the fact that all these people from his past keep running into him. Hermione has basically twisted him arm into forcing him to "spy" for her even.

You also kind of implied that Ron might be domestically abusing her, which is kind of hilarious for someone who is supposed to be a spymaster.

It's just bland, cliche and not at all interesting. The stuff with Gabrielle and Nick was mostly fine and sort of cute, but everything else is just awful.
Archleone chapter 23 . 5/5/2020
This secret cult shit or whatever is getting increasingly boring and annoying. Harry is also kind of a pushover. In almost every situation so far.

There is a such thing as over-apologizing. And he puts himself into a position of weakness all the time. Then he gets got by a bunch of mooks who aren't even worth naming. Overall, his performance in this story leaves much to be desired.
Archleone chapter 20 . 5/5/2020
This story continues to be very predictable.
Archleone chapter 12 . 5/5/2020
Harry is kind of a spineless pussy. And by "kind of", I mean "completely".

Also, this "he" nonsense is already annoying and this is the first mention of it. I mean, really? In the short amount of time Harry has been gone, a global movement orchestrated by one special "he" that's apparently being worshiped has appeared? I'm not really finding this compelling or believable.
TheGrandDisciple chapter 25 . 4/29/2020
This was such an awesome chapter. Finally. The question now, how long will this naive, blissful, happiness last?
Guest chapter 25 . 4/25/2020
Five long chapters since he asked the Peer and Apaliner for their daughter's hand,, and bought the ring. I fully expected Nick to turn into Voldi on the mountain top and screw up the proposal, or something equally dilatory.
OrionB15 chapter 25 . 4/25/2020
Took me two days to get through, and it's one of the best love stories I've encountered in a while. love the story and can't wait for more!
jslee102 chapter 25 . 4/25/2020
I could do with or without the lemons. I like the dark mystery surrounding the fic at this point. I don't agree with their reasoning to not include Nick in their experimentation with Battle Alchemy. It actually makes no sense to me at all.

Hopefully you are staying safe and healthy!
Sorceress of Magic chapter 25 . 4/24/2020
Yay a proposal! So sweet
Azlaraazsh chapter 25 . 4/24/2020
Amazing chapter as always.
This chapter gave le goosebumps and shivers of contentment and joy like every other did.
You really made my day and I needed it.
I am ill for more than three months now and every time I read a chapter that you release it makes me happy.
Continue the great work what you write is amazing.
Have a nice day !
bdwilliams3 chapter 25 . 4/24/2020
Great chapter and a good measure of lemon - keeping them every once in a while is completely fine, in my opinion - of course, I'd like one every chapter but that may be too much :)
Best of luck with the next writing and can't wait to read when the chapters arrive!
Renzo7 chapter 18 . 4/24/2020
This chapter was great, and that lemon was spectacular. I really enjoyed reading it!
CMdkelley chapter 15 . 3/24/2020
You seem to have forgotten your own story in this chapter. #1 At the ball where Harry saw Hermione, she was eager to meet Bernie who she had read about in potions journals now she's never heard of him? #2 Bill told Harry about the wedding, and how he missed it... now he is surprised to find the two married there were a few other inconsistencies but they were as glaringly obvious... All the same I am enjoying your story!
254 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »