Reviews for Bricks of Carelessness and Crumbs
Julie Pettitt chapter 5 . 12/3/2017
That made me cry! Treville's orders! Wonderful writing, thank you so much. I know things will be difficult but their restored understanding and love for each other will get them through. I liked how you set up the reason for the little clashes we get in the series, especially between Athos and Aramis. Your story fits perfectly into canon, well done!
Caroline chapter 5 . 12/3/2017
Oh my, I'm so sad that this is the end of such an amazing story but what a perfect ending.

It's so right that there is the acknowledgment that actually it's not all simply 'fixed' but that it is the start of getting back on track. And I loved the reveal of what Trevilles orders were.

I love your writing and your take on these characters and hope you continue to write them in some form.
LordLady chapter 5 . 12/3/2017
My god, that was wonderful. Every word you write is heaven! I am in awe, and very jealous .
Thank you for yet a wondeful chapter, a wonderful story, and a wonderful ending. Truly amazing!
HistoryBuff1066 chapter 4 . 12/1/2017
This chapter really hurt my heart, but I absolutely loved it! I really hope they work it all out, it's gonna take a lot of work.
You write so perfectly, honestly this is easily one of my top 5 favourite fanfics!
Caroline chapter 4 . 11/29/2017
This chapter really grabs the heart and twists, but in the right ways!

I don't want this story to end, I adore what you've done with it.
Aednat the Fourteenth chapter 4 . 11/29/2017
Such a needed chapter. You're one of the fews who are able to write "cute" comfort scenes and not lose me in the process.
I'm looking forward to the next (last?) chapter... and you next fics!
Asplenium chapter 4 . 11/29/2017
God, how much I love Athos trying to be one step ahead of Aramis' reactions and trying to desentangle the web of his thoughts so he can find that "crack", the one that will be able to go to the bottom of it all. I think it is really the way Athos-Aramis friendship and relationship works, what they do for each other, that capacity of reflexion and even anticipation of what is going on in the other's mind, in order to prevent further damage and even protect the other. You just played it beautifully! Athos who realises the extent of what Aramis has been through for them, what it has costed him, what was the hope he was harbouring but also all the fears sticking to him. And all of them, finally realising that "and even if you had avoided that idiocy, we would have come after you still". Thank you for this moment of reunion with so many revelations and how they wrap themselves around him at the end to make him rest. Nice image. As always very well done!
Enigma TM chapter 4 . 11/29/2017
What can I say? This was the finest chapter of the story. I savored every line of it . The part where Athos recognises the leader in Aramis is gold. It makes Aramis' recommendation to the post of the First Minister, later in the series more sensible.
Your description of their reunion was so bittersweet. It broke my heart to see him so hesitant to accept their friendship at last. That in itself spoke volumes of his mistreatment. Those three have a lot of making up to do.
Looking forward to your next chapter!
lizard1969 chapter 4 . 11/28/2017
Nice but part of me really wanted Aramis to reject them and have them beg for his friendship back after their rejection of him...I wanted to see them despair for his friendship...again beautifully written thank you!
enjoyedit chapter 4 . 11/28/2017
This was everything and more. The way you have enriched each chapter by bringing in episode script has been so effective. Especially at the end here where Aramis is simply done, and you reference Marsac. That was so sad, and I just wasn't sure if Aramis was salvageable. But then at the end, you bring it all home when Aramis knows in his heart that he will always "offer more," when it came to his brothers, despite trying desperately "not to accept his stubborn belief." At this point your chapter let me breathe! All along I thought the end of your story would be about why Aramis did not follow them to war, but it seems the greater issue was more about what happened when he returned to them in Paris; leaving him more doubtful and alone than when they were separated.
On a lighter note, you gave us the best hug possible, and you know things have improved, (not fixed) when Porthos calls someone an "idiot!"... Thank you.. thank you... looking forward to your aperitif!
workingirl72 chapter 4 . 11/28/2017
Just WOW ... so intense, so deep... wow
Undertheoaktrees chapter 4 . 11/28/2017
This was perfect! Even brought tears to my eyes several times. Your writing is superb and really gets to the heart of all the complex emotions of our lads, but especially Aramis. Thank you again for all the effort to bring us this wonderful story.
theredwagon chapter 4 . 11/28/2017
I was away and I've just caught up! Everything falls into place and the boys now have to move forward, can they do so without angst? Probably not? Wonderful story, looking forward to the next part!
Guest chapter 4 . 11/28/2017
Fabulous heartbreaking, felt every emotion shared between them ️
MJVictoria chapter 4 . 11/28/2017
THANK YOU, thank you, thank you for writing something we should have seen on the show! Because , as Porthos says in this story, no matter where Aramis was or what he was doing, they will always belong together. I think I've said this before, but I was certain at the end of S2 that Aramis would go with them when they asked, and the only way I could understand his not joining them would be as a way of keeping them safe. Obviously things changed in the years apart and the others were understandably angry, but it should have been addressed on the show, whatever the reason for Aramis's absence. Ultimately, there as here, I wish we had seen the others' respect for his choices and the acknowledgement of the force of their bond... So thank you for writing this, I wish we could get it filmed! (All your stories, in fact). You convey all their emotions so brilliantly, and weave everything in so neatly. Aww, good old cuddly Porthos is back, I loved how he just hugged Aramis into submission :-D. Hope they all get a good night's sleep. Looking forward to what's left!
114 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »