Reviews for Bricks of Carelessness and Crumbs
ficklescribbler chapter 1 . 11/21/2017
As one of the many who prefers to pretend that Series 3 never existed, I'm quite intrigued to see where you'll be taking this. Right at the start, even if one hasn't read the previous story to know of Aramis's deeds in the past four years, his intention to leave made so much more sense to me than his return to the Musketeers in the first episode of S3 did.
That being said, I had read the quote in the summary just last night, as I'm re-reading The Three Musketeers for the hundredth time, and thought of how Athos-like that sounds instead of Aramis. It was a pleasant coincidence to see it again today.
Thank you for sharing, and I'm looking forward to the rest.
Jmp chapter 1 . 11/21/2017
So painful. Aramis, after all he suffered and his bravery in protecting his brothers to be treated with contempt, and unable to tell them of his war record. And now he has Pauline to help and protect. Looking forward to more. I hope Athos, Porthos and D'artagnan do find out somehow and accept Aramis back into their brotherhood.
Greenfern chapter 1 . 11/21/2017
Excellent as always, but you really have no mercy for this poor Aramis, although I agree that the feeling in the episode with Pauline was exactly the one you describe for me too, they were so harsh on him, none of them really seeing him anymore, truly incomprehension and resentment clouding their view of their friend. Athos raising way too easily his pistol, whether at a beautiful horse or a comrade. In the past, he would have known that if Aramis stepped up that way, there was a reason, a valid reason. Family reason. In the past he would have noted something. Also the gesture of stepping in the middle goes very well with the figure of Aramis leading his own group of men. Not taking all sorts of commands, instinctively reacting to wrong authority. In that scene you truly have Aramis showing off somehow his past life. where he has been himself a captain. Of course Athos could not know. Yet. Somehow his keen mind should notice these things. It its precisely because none of them do notice all these details that makes it so hard. They truly don't see him any more. And in my idea, Aramis had heard too the comments of Athos about him being his penance. Not much compassion spreading from them to anyone anymore, hardened men. Truly could give Aramis the feeling of chasing ghosts. Still... I hope you have in store a little bit of solace for him somehow! At least for us readers! you are breaking our hearts here!
theredwagon chapter 1 . 11/21/2017
I'm thrilled to see the new story but sad at the state of things between the lads, please fix them!
LordLady chapter 1 . 11/21/2017
I' out of words. As usual upur writing is fantastic, I loved the storyline before, amd I'm already inlove with this. You did and still do a fantastic intertwining (dunno if that is the right translation XD) of the original storyline and your own story.
Aggie2011 chapter 1 . 11/21/2017
it's so tough to see them being so hard on him. but I get it, especially porthos. from their point of view he DID betray them and abandon them. I think aramis know that too, which one of the many reasons he lets it be and takes it. but man, knowing the truth, it's hard to see. and a return to the front lines, huh? I'm guessing following events are going to keep that from happening and I'm looking forward to what comes next and most especially, the eventual resolution of the others discovering the truth. There are so many ways you could do it and I can't to see which one you do! excellent as always! don't keep us waiting too long, eh?
MJVictoria chapter 1 . 11/21/2017
I knew we've talked about it getting worse before it gets better, but this is soo sad! They are so awful to him, even D'Artagnan, who always seemed to be more understanding of his decision than the others. They really need to know, please, tell me they eventually find out? Because poor Aramis needs a lot of TLC. You write his pain of it all so beautifully though: "It was the burn of frayed ends where he had cut off his old bonds that ate away just a bit more at his reserves with every spark he met; a flaring occurence that happened a number of times in one day."
I didn't expect you'd skip this far ahead, but it somehow makes sense that the pointed pistol would be the catalyst. It was a weird episode - as much as I loved Bonnaire coming back, it all felt a bit random, from the Queen of England to Aramis' backstory... so I'm glad you're putting it to good use :-). Loved Treville's musings about Aramis one day taking over after him.
Can't wait for more!
Thimblerig chapter 1 . 11/21/2017
Oh no, this is too sad :-(

I really want to punch Porthos right now. And Treville.

I hope things get better soon.
Deana chapter 1 . 11/21/2017
Aw, that's so sad! Poor Aramis! I wish the others would somehow find out anyway!
114 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8