Reviews for Just Another Saturday Night
lyrl chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
wow, I'm not even sure why I'm reviewing a fic that's written so long ago- but I'm going to anyway.

Writing wise, there was hardly anything to nitpick on, be it the grammar, vocab or the little details you put into the narrative to make the whole thing feel more realistic. I would say yes, you succeeded, but like a few of what the other reviewers mentioned; they don't feel like the the actual characters themselves at times.

A little more specifically, I feel that this is catered to be more realistic at a more westernized point of view as compared to an Asian one. Especially since Asian countries are usually a lot more restricted when it comes to such laws, the education system implemented both by the government and through parental guidance usually does not encourage such behaviors. Putting it bluntly, there are many Asians still living off and or staying with their parents at that age; something that can be interpreted as having less freedom for some, but also meant that the parents are able to keep their children more in check when it comes to their life habits and such.

I guess this might be why there are some varying reviews going on in regards to how the characters are portrayed. I don't deny that this has some beautiful writing, but even if I put the character portrayal issues aside, I'm also finding this hard to relate to on a "personal experience" level. That or because the life I'm living right now is more of the kind that the "moral saints" digidestined will lead, rather than the ones they might lead in a (supposedly) more twisted and or realistic environment; where they turn to alcohol, cigarettes and even drugs for stress relief purposes.

Sorry if I offended anyone with my shallow remarks.
Kal-El Fornia chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
I read this story a while ago, I just had to come back on it to add to my favorites list. Gorgeous, truly gorgeous.
Dream Ablaze chapter 1 . 4/22/2008
A little OOC, but still very good. I thought this was very realistic and cute. I loved how you portrayed their relationship, and how Kari gets this evil dark side when she drinks. xDD Also, you do a great job with the "little details" too, like how TK was tracing circles on Kari's shoulder and how Kari lit the wrong end of the cigarette.

Anyway, nicely done! :3
Stars4mel chapter 1 . 8/13/2005
ahw lol

kinda sounds how a normal saturday night up in new jersey is like at my aunt's house!

lol i really liked it.

you should write more.

take the blame chapter 1 . 8/8/2004
so here i find myself, bored as hell, when i come upon your story that i had read before but i have no idea why i DIDN'T review it. you are one of the best authors i've had the pleasure of reading work from because you step out of the box and write from another stand point, something sorely missed on this site
Half Kracker chapter 1 . 4/21/2003
Okay, one thing I like to say, I don't think T.K would drink nor smoke weed nor do I see Kari smoking, and drinking. My personal opinion! To me there college would be like mr. Popular with the girls and playing basketball, and kari more so wrapped up in science like chemistry of Physics. *Shudders at the thought of chemistry* Anyways... I think activities would be a big thing in there life, where it would be hard for them to get together. And plus there is more people surrounding them more so in college than high school! But I'm not sure when this all took place though... there first year or what. lol!

Um it's not bad! It's pretty good generally! You have my honest opinion... Keep writing.-
Says TB chapter 1 . 3/29/2003
wow...absolutely magnifacent workk. ur an excellent writer becuz u make ur readers actually feel the emotions and u dig ever so deep into the story. i hope to see alot more commin from u. ur definately on my faves list.
Cracker chapter 1 . 3/23/2003
Hey, another great one-shot. Very realistic, very nicely written. I understand that they're kinda OOC, but meh...seems like an Alternate Universe fic anyway; more like a real-life drama. I'm glad you write. You're one of the few realistic writers out there who aren't afraid to put out what is, and I gotta give you props for that.

Though they may not want to admit it or what not, a lot of people can probably relate to your writing. I ain't sayin that everyone's a crackhead or an alcoholic, or that every college student acts like that, but there is a good percentage out there.

Great story, great job.

~Cracker (ha! I just realized what my name sounds like after writing this review O.o...oh man...whatever :D)
Seinaru Kibou no Tenshi chapter 1 . 3/23/2003
Beautifully written and the last line was truly touching, but the characters just felt off to me. I just truly can't see either Takeru or Hikari behaving like that. Takeru lives for the approval of others; Hikari has this impossible standard to which she feels she has to conform. I know one of the other reviewers said they aren't impossible, moral saints, but . . . well, they both want to be. They both have this need to be perfect. Takeru, because it means he'll be worthy of love. Hikari, because she can't fail and let other people down.

Okay, I rambled a little there. I hope it was useful . . .?

Incidentally, Hikari's father is the one who is fond of the bottle. I've never seen Mr Ishida drunk. .;
Eriisu chapter 1 . 3/20/2003
Cute, very cute! I loved it! Write More!
Havoc chapter 1 . 3/18/2003
its very kewl and kinda sweet plz continue
Takari Fan 002 chapter 1 . 3/18/2003
i Think This story is so good

itz more realistic then any takaris on

and i think da weed is a good tuch

p.s. im reviewing this high right now
One Lazy AuthorRinky-Dinks chapter 1 . 3/18/2003
i really like that you haven't portrayed Kari, TK, and Davis as these impossibly moral saints. good spin, you've made your story more real. it doesn't matter that not every college kid does that, but some do, and almost all drink. big whooppee-doo. gooddness for you_