Reviews for A Tale of Two Brothers
Lady MSM chapter 1 . 1/7/2008
Love it. You're awesome.
Ellfine chapter 1 . 2/11/2007
What a delightful story! Loved the ending, expecially:

"Maitimo leaned to have a closer look at the babe, and a smile grew on his face as he gazed at it tiny face. There was a look in his eye, and Finwë recognised it. This little boy had not merely felt one solitary emotion, but a myriad, rather, of joy, care, compassion, and most of all, of love…"

Very sweet and poor Finwe with his realisation of the loss of Elwe and that they would not meet again!
Elvenlady14 chapter 1 . 7/27/2004
Great story! New name? hmm... How about 'Brotherhood'?
RavenLady chapter 1 . 11/29/2003
Wow! Maedhros is adorable, and it's good to see Finwe fleshed out a bit, people tend to ignore him. This is a wonderful, thoughtful, sweet piece of work.
Tinni chapter 1 . 7/7/2003
Oh! I love little elflings.
Le Chat Noir chapter 1 . 4/30/2003
[As promised... -~ ]

Well, what else can I say that has not been said? Apart from: Aw, ::melts::

One sentence that gives food for thought is 'A little of Fëanàro had to come through sooner or later, he supposed.' Placed in such a context, it immediately made me think of the relationship between Fëanor and his half-brothers: interesting also how Finwë chooses Fingolfin and Finarfin as an example, and certainely not Fëanor and Fingolfin. ;P But since it is probably not a similarity between these and the bonds between Maedhros and Maglor these were supposedly intended to show...

Your Finwë is great. Finwë has always interested me a lot, and this characterisation fits him: we can see why he was called Finwë the Beloved. (actually, I have forgotten if this is a canonical appellation or not. ::shame::)

And Maedhros asking "Grandfather, what are you doing?" after Finwë bumps his head on the table... - I would have melted again if such an act was possible for the gooey puddle of goo I had already become.

And 'these two brothers would achieve great things.' Great things indeed, if not those that Finwë is thinking of. But Maedhros and Maglor are two wonderful persons, and let us think that much more harm would have come to that poor Arda Marred had one of them not been born...
Kazaera chapter 1 . 4/26/2003
Aww... that is so sweet! I love it! *hugs fluffy elflings* Maedhros is so cute, and the much-neglected Finwë gets an appearance! Let's hope that Maedhros keeps those feelings for his brother (siblings can be *so* annoying... but Maglor seems to be one of the nicer ones anyway).

Great story! :) I like it very much.
Editor Maniac chapter 1 . 3/26/2003
Nice...You made it so Finwe lost his pride though.
monocotyledon chapter 1 . 3/21/2003
Oh... what a cute Maedhros.

And the scene Finwe climbing under the table to tell a story to him is so heart warming

The whole fic is very happy, but Maedhro's words are rather ironic... and Feanor for once is behaving so... normally! Most people portray him as fell/demented/evil etc.

Would you consider an update?
Pink Kryptonite chapter 1 . 3/20/2003
I liked it! Very cute and sweet :) And it's nice that everyone tricked poor Maedhros into thinking being an older sibling was a great thing (Is an older sibling herself :P). Poor guy probably found out otherwise later on though! I'll get to your other story this weekend before I go back to school :) I've been slacking off this week, go Spring Break! :)
Thalia chapter 1 . 3/20/2003
Klose...what can I say? That was beautiful, really beautiful- I love how you made Finwe and Maedhros into such real people! I could hear their laughter; I felt as though I was in the same room as them. Awesome. My favorite thing by you that I've read so far.

-Thalia, helpful reviewer ;)
Dragon Confused chapter 1 . 3/20/2003
Wow! That was brilliant! I'm so glad I read it!

Little Maedhros is very sweet and I loved the affection between grandfather and grandchild.

lipstick chapter 1 . 3/20/2003
aww. This is lovely. Cant help but wonder how Maitimo is going to handle it when he gets six of the little blighters though.

Finwe crawling under the table and banging his head - there wasnt enough of that in the silmarillion! thats why fan fiction was invented.

And this is it done really well. Sweet and ironic.
jillian baade chapter 1 . 3/20/2003
I'm very pleased you posted this. See after all those nerves you lots of lovely reviews. I still like it very much, one reason being is that are too few 'Happy Feanorian before the Oath' stories. I would like a second chapter, a few years done the track when Maedhros can show what a wonderful brother is. Again. before everything goes horribly wrong.
Deborah chapter 1 . 3/19/2003
This is one of your best pieces yet! Nice story flow, good choice of words...man...you were born to be an author

I especially loved the last part when Finwe said that the two brothers were going to acheive great things together...I dunno..it just sounds so inspiring...I love all your stories!