Reviews for Legolas' Flaming Rant
Kazoona chapter 1 . 10/8/2007
Wonderful and fully understandable. Like many people pointed out before, there is indeed a difference between flaming and constructive criticism. I also noticed the grammar and spelling difference somebody pointed out here - and I can join the "stopped-writing-because-of-flamers" club. Graah ! It is so annoying when, after I painfully labelled my fics, somebody just clicks on the title, proceeds right to the review page and starts ranting. Get a life - or learn to leave justified criticism on that page, at least. Last but not least, nobody forces people to read stories with content they don't like. Do they think it's fun getting on others nerves ?
Gord and V chapter 1 . 8/6/2007
Haha, this was very funny. I love your take on flamers and this was just a great read in general. I loved the ending :)

Peace out boy scout,

Gord and V
NajaMoonshadow chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
*laughs* Flamers beware! Rabbit of Iron has you in gunsight! *laughs again* I love it and, of course, totally understand. Wish I'd thought of something like this, to deal with my own flamers...
Dyslexic Angel chapter 1 . 3/16/2006
Heh. I don't even really like slash based in major charactors, I don't read LOTR fanfic, but hey. This just rocks.
Sherwoods-GreenLady chapter 1 . 7/4/2005
Oh man, I loved that! I got this horrible flame myself. I really hate those I-Know-More-Than-You-Do people who think that they know how things should be. I actually stopped writing a story because of a nasty flame, it was a lotr/hp crossover. Well, continue writing like this and I'll be your faithful fan.
nscangal chapter 1 . 5/29/2005
Finally someone who seems to know that there is a major difference between constructive criticism and a flame. Constructive criticism is like this: "I didn't like this fic because [insert thing 1], [insert thing 2] and [insert thing three]. You could do [insert suggestions] to make it better." Please note that constructive criticism usually has good grammar and spelling. Flames, on the other hand, take this format: "You suck!1 i hated ur fic! BLAHBLABLA rant curse!11!" Only usually with worse typing and grammar.

Flamers bother me, but I like constructive criticisers. I fall into the "if you don't like [insert type of story here], then don't read it" field of view. You certainly should not write a review to a type of story you hate because it's that type of story. On the other hand, if you think you'll like a story and find yourself dissapointed because of bad spelling/syntax/grammar/characterization or just plain lazy writing, then you should review and tell the author what he or she is doing wrong and how they could fix it.

An author has every right to be pissed off at a flamer. They do *not* have the right to be pissed off at someone who's offering constructive criticism. This so-called "Protector of Tolkien's Creation" most definately falls into the "flamer" category.

This fic was funny and well-written. I think there's just one thing you should do to it: Put an AU lable on the summarey. I know it's a "Duh"-type thing for this fic, but I'm pretty sure you'll wind up with some people saying, "WTF?" if you don't.
Christina chapter 1 . 10/14/2003
LOL, v. true. And to Artemis: I believe we mean if you don't like the ideal of slash, don't read a fic clearly labeled "SLASH" and then flame about how wrong it is.

And if you are talking about the quality of a fic, you can usually tell within the first sentence what level of writing it is. So you can stop as soon as that.
Tinuwen chapter 1 . 9/11/2003
People who flame make ME ANGRY! I can relate to what you're saying. People who HATE slash and gays are homophobic and deserve to be taken out to a street and shot!
Hotmango chapter 1 . 7/25/2003
WELL DONE! You have no idea how much I can relate to that! Bloody flamers - I'm in to constructive flaming, but closed-minded and generally daft flamers should all be annihilated! Keep going with your other fic as well, very much enjoyed in general (sorry can't be more constructive: long day, brain hurt : )

Stay happy,

Ailaois
KatFay chapter 1 . 7/7/2003
I didn't like the end very much, but I'm kinda aginst slash, but hey don't listen to be. *Mutters* no one else does.

Anyway really good. You react very good to flamers.
Tomiko chapter 1 . 6/20/2003
SO TRUE SO TRUE!

Continue with mor hilarious stuf
BeckyH77 chapter 1 . 4/30/2003
ha! how great. You just reviewed Executioners Promise, and give that it's early morning and I'm bored to tears I poked through your profile. I am so glad that I did. this is wonderful. I'm adding it to my favorites.

Have you seen this tolkien quote?

from a letter to his editor, Milton Walden (1951) at the beginning of the Second Edition of the Silmarillion, in the preface, page xv: “I would draw some of the great tales in fullness, and leave man only placed in the scheme, and sketched. The cycles should be linked to a majestic whole, and yet leave scope for other minds and hands, wielding paint and music and drama."
Eowulia chapter 1 . 4/27/2003
Yes... Flamers are evil. But this is funny! :D
Ryals-Shoal chapter 1 . 3/27/2003
"I'm being written about!" he exclaimed, as Aragorn walked out of the trees. A familiar tingle in his groin told him that this was a slash fic. He leapt up.

"Kiss me, Aragorn," he declared, throwing himself at the man, "before the flamers notice!"

GRR! I hate getting flames too! *is angered slightly* They really put your motivation out, don't they? lol, you should continue to write, no matter if it peeves them off-since it is your own writing, not theirs to dictate!
Blessed Spirit chapter 1 . 3/18/2003
Ha ha! OMG I love that! That is justa smack in flamers' face, and I applaud you for that! ::Stands up and applauds::