Reviews for Too Young
Everlight18 chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
This poem gets me every time. The last line is so powerful and filled with emotion that I cry every time I read it. I can *hear* the desperation and grief in Merry's voice as I read the last lines.

Pip *was* too young really to go on the Quest, to join the Fellowship, be a soldier; yet he was and now the thought that he was more than likely going to die - still 'too young' is heartbreaking.

Beautifully done, Lindelea
winyardyumm chapter 1 . 8/21/2004
How lovely. Very beautiful. The repitition especially hit at the last line, very powerful.
rabidsamfan chapter 1 . 5/15/2004
Oh, that's good. Just what Merry would be thinking. I especially liked the stanza where Merry *didn't* say what he was thinking...
lizmybit chapter 1 . 5/15/2003
Oh *sniff* That was beautiful!
Camellia Gamgee-Took chapter 1 . 4/20/2003
AAh!

I just want to go up to Merry and give him a huge hug!

That was so well written and extremely sad - fantastic and exquisite.

Well done!
Olivia Sutton chapter 1 . 4/11/2003
I liked this alot, you hit Pippin's character right on the nail, even tho' you are only describing him; and Merry's thoughts are well-thought out. Merry really sounded like Merry!

I wish this piece was longer. It lives you thinking, "aw, poor Pip".
VercisIsolde chapter 1 . 3/27/2003
Tear! Short and sweet. I loved it!

Luv

~VI~
Zebra Wallpaper chapter 1 . 3/20/2003
Very nice, very stirring. I could see it turned into a longer story as well.
jedi-hobbit chapter 1 . 3/20/2003
Again, wow. Very cool poem.
Dana4 chapter 1 . 3/18/2003
I really like this look into Merry's thoughts... and I love the way that he looks at and thinks of Pippin and all that Pippin has done,f or good and ill. All in all, it's such a lonely perspective. And I love it; that I do.
shirebound chapter 1 . 3/18/2003
So poignant! A really nice piece (that could be told about any young soldier, really). Poor Merry, what a lonely vigil.