Reviews for The Challenge
Romulan Empress chapter 1 . 5/19/2004
Intereresting story. I like the idea of Saavik and Charvanek... talking. I never thought about Saavik leaving Spock with Charvanek when I was reading Vulcan's Heart. Good point.
Kerjen chapter 1 . 3/20/2003
Hey! Obviously I can't review, but thanks for the great praise in the header!
Sierra chapter 1 . 3/19/2003
That was really good. As always. Looking forward to seeing more of your works in the future!

Sierra.
ShivaSaavik chapter 1 . 3/19/2003
As soon as I saw what this was about, I went "o." Now, this works much better if there's a sound effect, but I have no way of doing that, so everyone needs to give their own. So say it w/ me ... "o"

And this story tells me that I really need to re-read Vulcan's Heart.

But I really liked the Dialogue between the two. Point and CounterPoint, w/ the upper hand constantly shifting btw. the two. In another lifetime, far far away where no one ever heard of Spock, or even the Federation, I think these two could be friends.
Jenny chapter 1 . 3/19/2003
Wow, guys, what can I say! Looks like if you two get together there isn't anything that you can't do.

Spock's past lover meets his wife. Now that's a situation anyone would want to avoid, but for said parties to be Romulan and Vulcan!

I can see how there would be grudging admiration from Charvanek for Saavik. She is what Charvanek couldn't be. But I have to say, that even if I was prepared for the possibility that Charvanek could have been Spock's only hope for survival, if I were Saavik, I would still hate her. Even more so if she had actually had to 'assist' him. ::distasteful grimace::
Joanna chapter 1 . 3/19/2003
I feel like a fly on the wall. This confrontation was very enjoyable; a good characterization of Saavik, the wife, and obviously well thought out dialogue.

Good Job, Kerry and Marla.

"I found Hasmonak."

That got Saavik's attention. I liked how Charvanek kept her on edge about it for as long as possible.

Those bright days untouched by bitterness and cynicism. "I'm sorry, but I can't give you the right answer. I don't know. Things seemed so different then." Her voice trailed off as she thought about that totally other person she had been. "I probably would have thought I didn't need to. That if I knew, somebody else did, the people in power, and they'd clean it up."

This is nice insight into Charvanek's character.

No wonder people said that the Commander of that same fateful mission against Kirk was already sadly embittered over what his Empire was becoming.

Hurray, my second favorite Romulan Commander!

"If possible, please give my respects to your husband, if I may be so bold as to

address Praetor Narviat."

There it is! I wondered when she would remember that she was married!