Reviews for Dr Lily Potter
Cookies and Ink chapter 1 . 2/5
Oh Rainy as if I wasn't excited enough when I realised this was a muggle AU which I love - it's a family fic to boot!

I love how you progressed through the timeline and whilst it was Lily centric, about the different stages in her life, it somehow all tied back to Petunia, how she missed her sister and how the distance between them grew.

I love the idea that Petunia had decided of her own volition to go for therapy (I have so many headcannons about her and Vernon's relationship that the idea of family counselling fit perfectly with, so that did make me happy), not knowing until she got the the office that Dr. Potter was actually her sister.

I think I would have liked a bit more in the final scene, to see Petunia's shock and hesitation at it being Lily, for them to hug maybe? But I'm a proper sap and I would also love this to be a massive multi chap since not only do I love family fics but I adore your writing.

Thank you for the absolute pleasure.
isaacswolfsbane chapter 1 . 12/31/2017
This certainly wasn't what I expected when I saw 'therapist!AU' (I expected more actual therapy), but I definitely enjoyed it.

I think it would have been nice to include little hints throughout Lily growing up that she wanted to become a therapist or something. Just a little line or two, something like 'it's the only school that lets you do Psychology at GCSE' or 'it's the best school for Psychology' that hint at Lily's future and also give her more of a reason to apply—the only reason we had was Petunia going, and after she got rejected you didn't explain why Lily was still going.

I loved how you did the tiny snapshots of Lily's life. I think you've given us the perfect amount of detail to show what's going on in Lily's life at that time, and also to make us feel for her when Petunia starts ignoring her.

Great job :)
NeonDomino chapter 1 . 12/31/2017
I liked this story. I will admit I found some of the sections a little short and they threw the flow of your story off slightly, but I like the theme you used throughout the story. You managed to write a muggle AU whilst keeping Hogwarts as a private school and keeping the sister's seperation in as canon - which is great!

With the ending, I feel like Petunia isn't the sort to admit that she has marriage problems, but aside from that, I like Lily's reaction to seeing Petunia though - her quick forgiveness is so fitting because where she didn't forgive Snape in canon, I think it was always different for her and Petunia (since canon has Vernon and James meeting, so they did try to fix things).

I like the way you've written the characters, they are very in character and the dialogue is great.
Maisie Malfoy chapter 1 . 12/26/2017
Okay. So your muggle!AU isn't even really a Muggle!AU until the last section. If you're going to make such changes to your storyline, they need to be all-encompassing.
I also don't think Lily would have forgiven Petunia so easily-you probably saw how she refused to give Snape that extra chance-although people do change around family so there is that.
I do like how the whole story is told in a set of drabbles about this age or that age-it reminds me of a fic of my own that I love. While Petunia seemed a little OOC at the end, you do get a bit of license with an AU.
That review likely made no sense, so let's just say I liked it and leave it at that.
obscurialdefenseclub chapter 1 . 12/22/2017
Aww! I love this! it's so sweet. I normally really hate petunia (mostly because what she's done to Harry) but I managed to like your petunia in the end, and really feel for her:( I loved how you kept the jealousy thing that was presented in canon. Overall I really loved this fic and how sweet it was, especially with the ending. I love the idea of lily being a therapist, I don't think I've seen that before. I love the idea of "fate" bringing them back together, especially since petunia didn't know who Dr. Potter really was. The flow was amazing and I didn't really spot many SPaG errors. Well done!
-Ana
MaryandMerlin chapter 1 . 12/16/2017
The story of Petunia and Lily has always resonated deeply with me because I could never imagine doing that to my little sister so it was really nice to see them reconciled again. I enjoyed the muggle!au you had going on and hat you kept the theme of abandonment up throughout but Lily never really stopped hoping. I was pleased to see them back together by the end though.
I thought you characterised them both well right up till then trying to make friends because I think even that was in character.
Your descriptions were great and everything flowed really beautifully.
Great job, well done!
rhead-a-holyc chapter 1 . 12/10/2017
I like Petunia's redemption at the end, and her want to start things over with Lily. I feel like this just kind of happened without either of them planning it - but Petunia is still open to the lunch. I was also curious about the 'family problems' Petunia had gone to counselling for because you don't really specify if it's because of Dudley and Vernon, or her relationship with Lily (I'd like it to be the latter, but it's still fairly vague).

The fact that you had the ages of each scene was great! It gave the story a timeline, and a view of their deteriorating relationship as they grew up and went their separate paths.

Also, I love how Petunia kept up with Lily's life - knowing Lily got married, and Harry's name - so I found it a little weird that she didn't know that Lily was 'Dr Potter' , but that was really minor, and only something I thought about after I read the story a couple of times XD

Great job! :)
AlwaysPadfoot chapter 1 . 12/7/2017
I really liked this concept and the focus on Petunia and Lily. That even without the magical element Petunia still held a life-long grudge. I loved the line at the end 'To be fair I had no idea you were doctor Potter' because I would have totally said that had I been in Petunia's position. I love segmented stories like this, I find the formatting very pleasing and easy to read. The final section, although I though the dialogue was very realistic, I felt like there was a lots of it. I think there was a lot of places where you didn't need to begin a new paragraph and it took me out a little. Though that was a consistent format throughout. I particularly enjoyed the segment where Lily had just given birth to Harry; James was very well characterised even in that short space. Very well written x
The Crownless Queen chapter 1 . 12/7/2017
Oh, this was lovely! The scene changes were perhaps a bit abrupt, but I loved the theme and the relationship between Lily and Petunia in this was gorgeous. Seeing Lily grow up and hearing about her pain every time something important happened to her and Petunia refused to show up was so sad but so well played :')
I really liked the last scene with Petunia ending up as Lily's patient - I'm not sure how they managed to miss they were related but I guess it might be plausible :p I wish there had been more of that part and them sort of making up
This was a lovely AU *heart*
Thanks for sharing!
Cheers ;)
Jily Trash chapter 1 . 12/5/2017
Aw. This was quite emotional. Although, I always get sensitive when it comes to the relationship between Petunia and Lily. I liked the therapist!AU and Lily was perfect for the therapist! Good choice on the character! One thing I didn’t like was how easy Lily forgave Petunia. I know it’s an AU (and this has nothing against your writing), I just find, in my personal opinion, Lily wouldn’t have forgiven Petunia so easily. For example, with Snape; Mary MacDonald was the final straw and she didn’t forgive him after that. That’s just my opinion though. The fic was very heart-wrenching though. Good job :)
ipsa dixit chapter 1 . 12/4/2017
aw, this is sweet :) i love friendships between the two sisters and this was great. i would've loved if the scenes were expanded on a bit more - maybe by adding some more detail, but other than that you're writing was really nice and the ending made me smile a lot. :))
Zivandre chapter 1 . 12/3/2017
Aww, this is so sweet, and definitely something that could have happened in a Muggle!AU! This was brilliantly written, and I was in love with this the whole time! :D
I do wish there was a bit more detail in some spots, but where this is a one-shot, it had the perfect amount of everything to keep me interested and give me that want for more!
I didn't notice and SPaG issues, and the flow was nice; I love how you chose to go with time-jumps. [Not many people do!]
Great job! :D