Reviews for Why Time Travel Should Be Illegal and Other Morals
sfjoellen chapter 46 . 3/30
very nice story, thanks for writing it
anbroa chapter 46 . 3/29
Hi,

I really hope you continue this story. It is a very unique take on the HP story. :) Too many stories are rewrites of the same themes - while that can be interesting to see the various takes on various writing challenges, it is much more awesome to see someone combine things in such a unique way. Thank you for writing what you have so far.

Thank you!
Angela
Freylovesfnaf chapter 11 . 12/31/2020
I don't know why but the relationship with libra seems rather... Forced like they seem good for each other but I feel like theres some rush, sure the death scare may have made them rush a little bit, but when libra takes David to the bedroom I got a feeling that she was a little bit more angry than she should have I get that she wants to seem like an United Front, but I really don't like this partI swallowed, taken aback by Libra's words. This was a side of her I'd not really seen before."
"Probably because Libra didn't feel comfortable enough around anyone to be this assertive before."*
But the part that I really don't like at all is what comes nextBut one thing was certain. She was right and I was wrongbut to be honest they do have some cute times like when it was Christmas time for example.
I just wanted to say that you did a good job and that I know that sometimes it's hard to explain a story as I have tid multiple times and have failed but I still have my own mind and drawings that help a lot. Sorry if I'm rambling this is my first time reviewing hope that I didn't make you feel bad though. Goodbye
Mouse the Annon chapter 4 . 10/7/2020
Lol channeling Bilbo Baggins there at the end
Mouse the Annon chapter 1 . 10/7/2020
im rereading this story after a bit of time. I'm still blown away at how you are able to pack all of these little details from the abuse case work to the world around the characters. its pretty rare to find that, and its awesome
Vercalos chapter 46 . 9/20/2020
...

You jerk.

I was enraptured, and you ended this chapter on a bloody CLIFFHANGER.
Guest chapter 12 . 9/13/2020
Dumbledore himself says everything else MC has said has been pretty infallible, and yet he speaks up about Snape and now suddenly Dumbledore is entirely positive that it is all bullshit. Just like in Canon whenever anyone badmouthed Snape, Dumbledore was utterly assured that Snape was a Good Guy. Nevermind that everything MC just said is exactly Canon, so is Dumbledore under some Mind Magics in your story or is this a "Snape isn't really bad at all" type story?
Guest chapter 7 . 9/13/2020
This personally is one of my most hated things about some religious people. MC exercises a modicum of self control, and yet "To this day, I'm convinced that it was only at the prompting of the Holy Spirit that I managed that." Which is exactly what prompts people like Libra to say it's a cheap cop out. Always claiming the intervention of some higher power whenever something good happens. Because no way did MC some actually prevent himself from blurting something out like an idiot, surely some supreme being personally intervened and prevented him from fucking up his relationship. Implying the other relationship fuck-ups are when the "Holy Spirit" just can't be bothered?
Also, proving Jesus was a hoax is somehow going to make MC nothing? That shows that MC's religious belief is beyond unhealthy. The actual veracity of if there is a God or if Jesus is real is entirely secondary, it's the morals and the stories and the effect on you as a person that matters. Faith in the concepts and in the lessons taught is what matters, not in the 'person' as it were.
This is mostly a good read, but honestly the religious zeal of the character is the worst part of the story, IMO. It feels forced and misplaced.
Guest chapter 3 . 9/13/2020
So is this MC Someone who read the HP books as a child and never reread them as an adult?
Because thinking Dumbledore was in any way a good guy is a purely childish sentiment.
Also, MC may have fucked up as a parent, a bit, but really he's not the only one at fault - he had a woman, who knew he didn't drink, bring alcohol and bully him into drinking with her. He caved, because he's a pussy, and got drunk as fuck. And then he tries to apologize to Libra, who is the instigator and the one most at fault for intentionally getting a non-drinking single parent drunk?
Oof chapter 3 . 9/11/2020
STOP IT. STOP killing my FEELINGS! With HAPPINESS! ARGHHHHH!
Lunar Moon Butterfly chapter 46 . 9/11/2020
Cliffhangers. My mortal enemy.
HPMARIE chapter 46 . 8/17/2020
Great story!
rishi547 chapter 18 . 6/27/2020
aww man, I just can't do it, too much Jesus talk man.
it's rare to find an author who writes as well as this, but you seriously need to tone the Christianity aspect down. not get rid of it, because I know it adds to David's character and why he does the things he does but it's too bloody much (for me at least), I'm ashamed to say this isn't my cup of tea.
but to any new readers, give this a shot, you might be fine with it and if you are, as I've said before a brilliantly well crafted plot that obvi needs finishing.
rishi547 chapter 8 . 6/26/2020
wait, I recall in previous chapters that Harry was flicking through channels, how do they not have a TV.

other than that, I'm loving the way you've written the si, superb flow and great story so far.

I know you probably won't see this, but for any new comer, there is a lot of religion in this, almost to the point where its a bit grating, I don't mind religious characters, but it happens too often so far.

so take this fic with a pinch of salt, if you can get past that, you have an incredible read ahead of you.
darthtenebrosius chapter 46 . 6/5/2020
Just read this all over the course of about two days, and it's one of the best SIs I've read! How annoying that it's left on a cliffhanger, at such an interesting point. I know it's been a year, but it's there any chance you'll be returning to this story?