Reviews for The Mind Arts
BrokenElemental chapter 1 . 8/7
I't may be better that you kill this fic rather than shove every idea you had or might have had for it into poorly structured paragraphs. it's a pity, most of this is fantastic. I don't know if it was all the previous editor or you were just on a roll back then... probably both... but man, it's like a completely new author tried to pick it up and failed.
Uvuvwevwevwe Onyetenyevwe Ugwe chapter 20 . 8/6
No i cannot read this anymore. I know that pairing Harry and Daphne is good. Personally i like their pairing but all his friends and daphne are like burden. They always asks, never use their own idea, hanging off him, judging him for his view and criticize him if their view are different. For example Harry want to study but these people disturb of his activity like to be tutored or to play. It is burdening and weakening him like Ron Weasley in canon ask to play chess or quiditch. Damn this fic is infuriating. These are not friends do, these are parasite, shallow and pretentious people do. Friends built by understanding and equality. Harry need someone who understand him, not judging and always suspicious of his activity. HE NEEDS EQUAL. No I cannot read this.
Uvuvwevwevwe Onyetenyevwe Ugwe chapter 12 . 8/6
Daphne greengrass is unbalanced. If you to pair him with harry, it is a bad idea. Her personality and ability are burdening harry in your story. She cannot support her the way fleur support harry in cadmean victory.
Darkw01fie chapter 30 . 8/3
I love this story so much, with the few hundred stories I've favourited this story consistently ranks top ten for me. It's inspired so much of both my own story and writing. I always look forward to a new chapter for it.
fraewyn chapter 31 . 7/20
Love it!
Xemenon chapter 31 . 7/19
The burning is finally upon us.
GamingFox666 chapter 13 . 7/10
I see the influences of The Santi. How nostalgic.
omh666 chapter 31 . 7/10
Huh... I know you said that you really aren't fond of this story anymore, but this chapter seems to be jumping several points you had lined up. That sort of came out of the blue at the end. But I suppose this does seem to lead back to the beginning of the fic and you did say that you wouldn't have a graveyard scene in here.
obscurereader chapter 31 . 7/7
Lovely, Harry is becoming magical Hitler. He's arguably just as bad as Voldemort was at the same age considering he's been grooming and mind-raping his friends for years
omh666 chapter 14 . 7/7
"We've had a different Defense teacher every year," Harry clarified. "The rumor is that somebody put a jinx on the position."
There was a squeak somewhere to Harry's right and Gabrielle's face twitched. "Of course you would say the name."
"Of course I would," He returned easily. "What else should I call him? Tom?"
But Harry doesn't actually say Voldemort there.
obscurereader chapter 25 . 7/7
Jesus, Harry is a sociopath.
obscurereader chapter 22 . 7/7
oof weird co-dependent relationship forming here
Voldemort’s reveal seemed kind of anticlimactic and fast-paced given previous events. Altogether, I really loved everything leading up to Collecting IV/V, then the pacing seems to have sped up dramatically and without much context, especially with Harry and Daphne’s relationship, which suddenly jumps to intimate with much discussion between them from Collecting III to The Trial II.

It seems you’re dissatisfied with your work, but I and many others think it’s the best on the site. Write at your own pace, if you want to at all, and don’t listen to the naysayers or enable them to influence your work. Looking forward to seeing your next update.
Beautiful work - looks like the previous chapters have been rewritten to an extent? There are moments I don’t recognize, but it’s been a while since I’ve read from the start.

A small inconsistency, unsure if intentional - you have Harry asking Daphne to the Yule Ball in this chapter again when he already did in Collecting I, when he reunites with Daphne after the attack.
tjtinct chapter 9 . 7/1
it's not that we missed it it's that's it was poorly written. we as reader do not have the insight to the story as you the author does. what may seem clear to you is not always the case with us
2,330 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »