Reviews for The Mind Arts
VICTORY859 chapter 2 . 11/29/2017
Your ability to write in humor that causes the reader to crack a smirk but not bust out laughing is something to admire, gives the story plenty of humor without interrupting the readers pace when reading. Keep up the excellent work looking forward towards more
ctc1000 chapter 2 . 11/29/2017
Interesting changes. I assume Harry caught the snitch and won the match for Ravenclaw. I am assuming you put in Gryffindor as a mistake for that sentence.

You are doing well but at a very difficult task. You are trying to make him a combo of somebody who is emotionally stunted and can't really relate to people (almost borderline autistic) and then you have that person read minds (like Phoenix in Marvel Comics.) You are doing it well but it is very hard. So I give you a lot of credit for that. Your point basically is that Harry is extremely damaged from his stay at the Dursleys so this is what we have. I think you should put in something about how hard it is to quell the voices so he doesn't listen to too much.

Second - the whole legimens thing after the troll. What was that? was Snape trying to legimens him and he caught it - if so, why didn't Mcgonagal yell at Snape right then and there. Is it allowed to legimens injured students right in the open? that seems a bit much

Third - on Hermione. I get it - you are emphasizing her bad points, she is too bossy, too pushy etc. That said, I am not sure I like the Daphne reaction to her. Daphne is supposed to be cool and sarcastic - sort of able to put you down without resorting to juvenile behavior. Daphne and Hermione coming to blows over traded insults - that doesn't seem to fit either of them. I would think Daphne could hide her emotions a lot better. I would also think Daphne would realize - ok Harry saved Hermione's life, they are going to be friends. So I would damp down the antagonism. We are not looking for Daphne to be Ron Weasley II.

I enjoyed the duel between Harry and Draco. I liked how Draco's efforts backfired, and how Harry came on top quite easily. I also like the fear it created among the other kids. I think it is accurate but better put than the whole Book 2: Heir of Slytherin hysteria.

Lastly, I think the whole Dumbledore showing him his parents comes off as extremely manipulative and creepy. I don't know if that's the effect you were going for, but that's how it read to me.
ygrekks chapter 2 . 11/29/2017
Harry is in Ravenclaw right? Pomfrey told him that he won the game for Gryffindor
ObsessedWithHPFanFic chapter 2 . 11/29/2017
It's great that Harry has so many friends. I see what you were talking about with Harry's using others emotions to help him feel them. Great work and thanks for sharing!
ObsessedWithHPFanFic chapter 1 . 11/29/2017
Good first chapter and interesting how well Harry has handled his ability. Thanks for sharing!
mckertis chapter 2 . 11/29/2017
Ah fuck, you're one of those. Ones that make it unbearable to read their stories, because they are retardedly obsessed with turning every chapter into their personal fucking message boards, replying to every fucking comment.
WhiteShadow95 chapter 1 . 11/28/2017
This is bloody great. Really nice idea, especially as I had a very similar idea floating around, just in a more deatheater-y fashion.
As a reviewer below me has pointed out, this could turn out to be very overpowered, but I think if you manage the bad influence his gifts have on his mental health this might not matter.
But yes, please continue the living merlin out of this. I'm eagerly waiting.
ygrekks chapter 1 . 11/28/2017
It is the best fic I have ever read on this site. Great job. Keep it up.
Drust chapter 1 . 11/28/2017
Could very well shape up to be an epic saga. No story really delves into the mind arts, despite being one of the more interesting branches of magic. Love your Harry, love your Daphne and Hermione. the mind art allows for interesting descriptions of characters in an almost behind the scene manner, something that only Harry and the reader are aware of, which is really cool. looking forward to future chapters!
KingPlotBunny chapter 1 . 11/28/2017
so interesting first chapter so far I like how you've set Harry up one thing i'm really impressed with is that these eleven year olds FEEL like eleven year olds even Harry does though slightly damaged you can still see he's a kid thinking kid things too often people write pre-teens bowing and addressing themselves as Lord or Heir this or that the quote in the beginning about the mind arts was one I always thought was very good if J.K had used it as a springboard into a more detailed description of the mind arts instead she used it as a cop out to not explain it all then again she never explained any of her magic system except you need happy thoughts for a patronus bad thoughts for crucio and love conquers all evil just cause magic
narutoerza999 chapter 1 . 11/28/2017
The story is good. Concept is also good. But the problem with this fic is that at some parts it feels rushed. Like you were in a hurry to complete and publish it, and rushed some parts. Otherwise its good.
ctc1000 chapter 1 . 11/28/2017
Interesting but all the italics and the reading of people's minds are confusing. There is a reason why detectives have side kicks - because the side kicks don't tell you exactly what the detective is thinking at any moment. Harry being a natural legimens will be confusing and possibly over powered.
Jarvey chapter 1 . 11/28/2017