Reviews for into the belly of the shrieking beast
Emiliya Wolfe chapter 1 . 2/14
Okay so first of all... Why the bloody hell is Amycus not a Gryffindor? This is typical Gryffindor behaviour, and at the same time slightly cute because it's such macho behaviour and typical of a boy when he's trying to impress his crush.
Now that that's over and done with, I am curious about how Amycus found out about the Whomping Willow in the first place anyway. Did he see Remus go in? Is he naturally curious? I'm burning with questions about this development now. Speaking of questions, when you say that Amycus leads Rabastan into the belly of the shrieking beast (lovely title and ending, by the way), I can't help but wonder whether he managed to press the button or whether they had to dodge the Whomping Willow's evil branches. In that case, it would be a bit impractical for them to be holding hands so calmly.
Anyway, my party pooper spirit aside, I found this concept cute. I never saw Rabastan as shy, but I can imagine him often overshadowed by his older brother and shy in front of a boy he likes. I find it so cute that they hold hands, and kiss so chastely - it reinforces the "first love" kind of concept of the story.
I would have loved a lot more backstory and description to all of this, but your characterisations are really well done and you've conveyed a lot in so little words. It's the perfect length for a drabble, so congratulations for that!
Jemennuie chapter 1 . 2/11
I love the exchange of 'We have all our lives to be responsible and boring' and Rabastan's response to it! Such a perfect piece of banter.
Polly Little chapter 1 . 1/18
You did well building personalities on characters that were ignored a lot in canon, especially without them being contradictory. The kiss didn't seem forced, and it all flowed quite well, although it would have been nice to see a little more. I ADORE the last line. The way it links back to the title was a nice touch, but you actually managed to make something that sounds quite dramatic really sweet.
Lamia of the Dark chapter 1 . 1/1
Well, if there actually were ghosts or some kind of monsters in there, it would not be a good idea to go down there, but they're not going to find anything except a creepy empty shack since they're not going during a full moon. XD

lol, someone should tell Amycus that there's no time limit on doing stupid things, plenty of old people do stupid stuff too.
NeonDomino chapter 1 . 12/31/2017
This is a pairing I've never read before, but it was very interesting! I like the way you've portrayed two characters we don't know that much about and shown them at Hogwarts rather than when we are more familiar with them.

It was well written and an interesting show of their relationship. I like that you had Rabastan as being reluctant - showing the difference between him in school and him as an adult who takes risks that could get him killed.

Great story.
TrueBeliever831 chapter 1 . 12/28/2017
Wasn't really expecting this to be a romance story, stupid me I guess I should have looked at the genre's. I just read the summary an was like OK. This was cool concept for a story, although Amycus is a little pushy...that is not how you should treat someone you like them ;) I found the dialogue humorous...even though I don't think I was supposed to. I don't there was something about responsible and boring... boring I think Alive is a better word, that cracked me up. haha. Oh well, cool little story (not to mention I totally forgot Amycus was the bother... then I remembered the girls name is Alecto... can you tell I never read anything about them... ) I just had to click it because... Rabastan. haha.
rhead-a-holyc chapter 1 . 12/26/2017
I'd admit to never having seen this pairing before, but I do like the way you wrote them. Their characterisations were definitely unique, and I liked that.

I would have liked there to be a little more background on Rabastan's fear of going near the Whomping Willow - did he catch a glimpse of a werewolf coming out once, and was scared that the werewolf was still there? Had he gotten injured previously by the Willow? Because being scared of only 'breaking the rules' as a Slytherin, seems a bit strange to me.

I'm definitely expecting someone to be waiting for them inside the Shrieking Shack, though! Because this feels like Amycus wants to take Rabastan to something of a 'private spot', because like Rabastan says, Amycus doesn't do stupid things.

This was a cute and well-written drabble. Nicely done :)
Dragon MoonX chapter 1 . 12/23/2017
Yay for rare pairing and Rabastan is so cute in this. He's adorable when he's nervous, and it's amusing how he says it's getting late when it's the middle of the afternoon. Poor guy is trying everything to get out of this, but it doesn't look like it's going to work.

Amycus has a good point. They are young and should have fun before they get old and have to do boring stuff for the rest of their lives.

Ooh, surprise kiss at the end. Nicely done. Only now I'm imagining someone like Lupin or Sirius accidentally walking in on them once they're in there. :P
Zivandre chapter 1 . 12/23/2017
I honestly don't really see Rabastan being afraid of the shrieking shack, nor being so open with letting Amycus know why. But, other then that, I thought this was a very cute-and endearing- piece. I liked how it was them going into the shrieking shack, instead of the forbidden forest, or any other place. I didn't spot any SPaG mistakes either, so great job!
obscurialdefenseclub chapter 1 . 12/23/2017
I loved this! I don't really ship Amycus and Rabastan but I loved the way you depicted them. I also love the metaphor "into the belly of the shrieking beast" for the shrieking shack - it's honestly something I'd never even thought of. The only thing that threw me off a little was Rabastan's characterization - I never saw him as the type to be scared to do something. Other than that, I loved how the kiss came out of nowhere and I loved how the fic flowed. I spotted no grammar mistakes. Well done!:3
-Ana
hillstar chapter 1 . 12/22/2017
Ha ha I'm with Rabastan on this one. I'm not sure I understand why Amycus wants to go into a building that's shrieking from within...but you know what, I've never been much of a daredevil. I like the flirting between them, even as the fic has a sense of impeding doom. I can't help but wonder what happens to them next, when they end up faced with a werewolf.
Jily Trash chapter 1 . 12/17/2017
This was an odd pairing. I had never expected to see Rabastan and Amycus together, nor had the idea for the pairing ever crossed my mind. But it was a cute little one-shot. I’m just wondering why Rabastan was so scared? I understand that they’re young and it goes along with the plot of the one-shot but why is he scared? He is a Slytherin and has a wand. I always imagined him to be ruthless and cold-blooded, even when he was young. Despite that confusion, Amycus’s comforting of Rabastan was just adorable. Feels ;p
RainyDayReading chapter 1 . 12/7/2017
Aww... I've never seen this pairing written before, but I love the way you did it!
Rabastan especially was characterized absolutely perfectly. ("Boring? I think 'alive' is a better word." So perfect).
Their relationship was very cute, by the way :) And the dialogue flowed perfectly, as did the description of everything that was going on.
I also really like the way you call it "the belly of the shrieking beast." That's such an accurate description.
Lovely fic!
AlwaysPadfoot chapter 1 . 12/7/2017
I can't say I'm a massive fan of the pairing but I thought the characterisation was brilliant. I like that Rabastan is the one who doesn't want to go into the belly of the shrieking beast - this by the way I though was a great title and metaphor for the shrieking shack. 'It's out-of-bounds,' he finished.' - it should have read this instead of having a full-stop inside the dialogue tag. This was a nice little drabble and worked well x
The Crownless Queen chapter 1 . 12/7/2017
Oh, another pairing I can see myself shipping :p Thanks for that I guess I liked your take on both characters and their interactions with one another :)
This story was cute :) I can totally see kids trying to get past the Whomping Willow and I wish there were more stories using or showing that :p
Nice work! :)